2 Tips for all you bloom haters

Destyran

1) DON'T spam that DMR pace your shots, Try spamming the first three shots then pacing the last two. Why the last two you say because if you pace the last two it ensures their sheilds pop and you get a clear headshot .

2) For those people who just can't stop spamming, make sure you set your controller to hold to crouch then just spam the first three or four shots then crouch which fixes the bloom and get that head shot!

So give that a try and if it still doesen't work, Try lowering your sensitivity your reaction time may be a little slow.

So for both methods you can spam the first three or for shot then pace or crouch for the fith.

1:Shot 2:Shot 3:shot 4:Shot(sheilds pop) 5:shot(headshot)

• Like 1

What other Halo had bloom? Oh yea that's right none of them. Why ruin Halo Reach.. now 343's game.. With this bloom that was never in a Halo. Halo Reach would be so much better if they take out bloom and maybe 343 would have to adjust the sights a little bit. A rumor that was told to me said these types of things will be added. **** Bloom I don't want to have bloom in halo.

• Like 1

sorry i over reacted a little there........

But who cares if you dont want bloom dont play reach. Exactly how would it make the game better? They put in bloom and took out trueskill ranking to give every one a equal opportunity at being the high rank and occaisionally win a duel against a better skilled player. They wanted a more community driven game not a hardcore gaming community driven on true skill and leader boards if you hate it that much it must really affect your 'so called skill' so grow a pair and adapt thats what every one else has done if you cant then go take that imaginary skill you will obtain from bloom being removed and go sign up for MLG since your such a pro!

@ Fury Defined

They put bloom in for a reason and if that rumor about toggle bloom is true then no one will have bloom but one of the reasons its in the game is to stop trigger spamming br whores like you

First, why the hatred? There's no need for childish insults. Second, are you saying that when you used the BR you didn't pull the trigger as fast as you could because you deemed it cheap or something? Of course not, you got your shots in as fast as possible. You cannot "spam" a weapon with a fixed firing rate and no bloom; it's impossible.

sorry i over reacted a little there........

But who cares if you dont want bloom dont play reach. Exactly how would it make the game better? They put in bloom and took out trueskill ranking to give every one a equal opportunity at being the high rank and occaisionally win a duel against a better skilled player. They wanted a more community driven game not a hardcore gaming community driven on true skill and leader boards if you hate it that much it must really affect your 'so called skill' so grow a pair and adapt thats what every one else has done if you cant then go take that imaginary skill you will obtain from bloom being removed and go sign up for MLG since your such a pro!

Punctuation is a nice tool to utilize when you write.

Saying "adapt" doesn't mean anything. You can see from my sig that I've obviously adapted; I kill more than I die. However, this still doesn't change the fact that bloom is flawed. Spamming is rewarded far too often.

Look at upper level gameplay (MLG, Arena, or just well known players in a random matchmaking game). The best in the game rarely, if ever, pace their shots. Why? Because spamming is more efficient. This in its own right proves that bloom is broken, as it's meant to punish firing shots too fast, but in fact rewards it.

• Like 1

If bloom is removed they might aswell just bring back true skill increase jump height just to attract the remaining H3 population over to reach

True skill is present in Reach, it's just invisible. And since you mentioned it, I enjoyed the slightly higher jump height from H3. It added depth to gameplay and made for exciting plays (ninjas, trick jumps, etc.) that, IMO, increased the skill gap.

ok so the br has a fixed firing rate but if you notice a bullet will mis fire in a burst of three on an occasional clip adding some randomness to the outcome the br is a deadly precise weapon at it maximum rate of fire. Ok so now we have thedmr has bloom but still hasa fixed firing rate but is a medium to long range weapon unlike br medium to close ok so naw picture the supreme accuracy of the DMR without bloom it will be a monster now lets take us skilled players who will destroy lesser skilled players which equals lesser skilled players giving up on reach leaving extremly competitive players like us therefore ruining halo and i meant the other post in general not just directted at you i also apologies for the one directed at you....

im not saying your noobs im just saying the DMR is extremly precise already. Spaming it is its fixed rate of fire is not itsoptimal rate of fire when you pace they are extremly accurate bhen you spam it tends to do the random stray bullet thing from the br. And with the snipe its to avoid quick double shotting

if they take it out they will wreck reach they've had bloom all the way with out it, it will effect every aspect of competitive and no one will play for fun but thats just my opinion what i dont under stand is the difference of bloom and without it i find bloom more fun

if they take it out they will wreck reach they've had bloom all the way with out it, it will effect every aspect of competitive and no one will play for fun but thats just my opinion what i dont under stand is the difference of bloom and without it i find bloom more fun

They've done that, and had lots of complaints, its just the fact that people don't like change.

They've done that, and had lots of complaints, its just the fact that people don't like change.

Bloom does not work on a fundamental level. It rewards spamming when it was intended to punish just that. Read this thread from Bungie for proof. There's another one that I'm going to continue to look for that's a simpler to read.

Skip to the third post on page one, unless you really like math.

still why cant they fix it its better than the sigma and mu equation for true skill

The True Skill system is not nearly as flawed as people say. People believe that they are all entitled to a 50; this is not the case. Only the best became 50s, and those who were rank locked in the 30s were stuck there for a reason: because that's their True Skill.

because if you think about it the trueskill system is flawed too, and they didnt get rid of it on H3 so why remove bloom?

Saying you should keep bloom in the game- even though it's flawed- because there are other flawed aspects in the game as well is ridiculous. Two wrongs doesn't make a right.

i mean if due to its flaws you can make a new account and get to a 45 be for the old account thats a 40 can get to 45 due to said flaws im sorry i really cant be bothered explaining im on a ****ty phone and would like to avoid goingin to detail but i hope ypu know what im getting at..