Boosters?

SkItZo1041

I think I've found a group of boosters, and don't know where to report them. Also, I wanted to get a majority opinion before I reported said person so I don't report for the wrong reasons. Here's what happened:

Friends and I playing BTB. We were paired up against a group of 10 people, 2 of which were obviously put on our team. The two on our team kept driving the other team around in warthogs, so you couldn't blow them up without getting a betrayal.... >.> Some of the people would also hide on the other team, not even moving. there were 5 inheritors in total...kind of irritating. But I did remember one persons GT, and decided to look him up on waypoint. His 2.76 k/d would be impressive, if I didn't think he boosted for almost every kill. I took a screenshot leaving out his GT and such, right here:

Booster.jpg

I can't say I can believe all those high multi-kills, perfections, unfrigginbelievables, etc.

So my question is where would I report someone like this? I don't think it's fair whatsoever, and it infuriated my whole xbox live party causing everyone to quit playing. I'm certain I'm not the only one that got this angry. Once again, I'm sorry if this isn't in the right forum, but it's Halo Reach, and I'm not sure where else to post.

• Like 1

I'm not sure where you would report them to maybe get them banned or something, but you can always submit a bad player review, and you can submit one for unsporting conduct, which will make you avoid that person on all games in multiplayer.

To submit a player review for Unsporting conduct you select the players profile, then click "submit player review". Next you select "Avoid Player", and you will be given three options, select "Game Behaviour", then simply select "Unsporting conduct".

I think I've found a group of boosters, and don't know where to report them. Also, I wanted to get a majority opinion before I reported said person so I don't report for the wrong reasons. Here's what happened:

Friends and I playing BTB. We were paired up against a group of 10 people, 2 of which were obviously put on our team. The two on our team kept driving the other team around in warthogs, so you couldn't blow them up without getting a betrayal.... >.> Some of the people would also hide on the other team, not even moving. there were 5 inheritors in total...kind of irritating. But I did remember one persons GT, and decided to look him up on waypoint. His 2.76 k/d would be impressive, if I didn't think he boosted for almost every kill. I took a screenshot leaving out his GT and such, right here:

Booster.jpg

I can't say I can believe all those high multi-kills, perfections, unfrigginbelievables, etc.

So my question is where would I report someone like this? I don't think it's fair whatsoever, and it infuriated my whole xbox live party causing everyone to quit playing. I'm certain I'm not the only one that got this angry. Once again, I'm sorry if this isn't in the right forum, but it's Halo Reach, and I'm not sure where else to post.

holly....

You could give them a bad review. I've never gotten a killionare, let alone 18.

You can do that? o.O The way i was thinking of was my friend was banned for two weeks because him and his friend made a lobby of Team Slayer or something together by signing in guest accounts and killing those ones.

holly....

You could give them a bad review. I've never gotten a killionare, let alone 18.

I have only ever gotten 1 killionaire, and that was a looong time ago when i was like a warrent officer or something, but I have proof that it is legit in my file share :)

Resetting challenges and commendations is the only way to be banned by boosting.

Wrong. People have been banned/rank reset for griffball boosting, afk boosting, BTB boosting, and all sorts of boosting. Boosting IS very much punishable, and usually by credit bans, rank resets, or complete matchmaking bans given the offenses.

As for the OP, Here you go: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/8584-when-and-why-to-report-a-player-over-xbl/

• Like 2

Even though I and many others care, at least as far as Halo Reach is considered I have yet to see anything at all that anyone with the power of banishment inside of 343 even cares. I have submitted several complaints about a game in which a team did a very fine job at stat padding. They made, Forced, the game go the Entire length, and I as I've said I've filed numerous complaints, but to this date every reply has been either Flame about my team sucking or me being "butt hurt" or stating that stat padding is completely legal. Whatever is all I have to say and that I'm currently giving them all the three finger salute.

@The Director@

Really? How did you get this to happen? I'm trying to get the same thing to happen and making No progress.

Even though I and many others care, at least as far as Halo Reach is considered I have yet to see anything at all that anyone with the power of banishment inside of 343 even cares. I have submitted several complaints about a game in which a team did a very fine job at stat padding. They made, Forced, the game go the Entire length, and I as I've said I've filed numerous complaints, but to this date every reply has been either Flame about my team sucking or me being "butt hurt" or stating that stat padding is completely legal. Whatever is all I have to say and that I'm currently giving them all the three finger salute.

@The Director@

Really? How did you get this to happen? I'm trying to get the same thing to happen and making No progress.

Put it this way. AAN2 isn't my first, or only account. ;) lmao

Put it this way. AAN2 isn't my first, or only account. ;) lmao

lol and Angel Death D20 isn't my first. I used to be a HUGE CoD guy, especially back on the original Xbox. However, when cr@p started constantly hitting the fan I decided it was time to leave and let die. So now that account has been deleted and no one aside from myself will ever know what that name was. And when people prod me enough all I will say about it is that it had a form of the word: "Holy" in it. :)

Left CoD for Halo, happy I made the change, and to be honest say what you want about CoD and Halo, but Halo will always be better.

Boosting, depending on the context, should be a bannable offense. If you're boosting to where you're playing with people of much higher skill than you are becuase you need help then its legal. If you're boosting stats and etc...and clearly hurting the game play experience for other individuals....yes that should be a highly bann-able offense. People say doesn't happen to me becuase I don't suck. I say, oh you suck alright, you suck at playing like a good sport.

Who honestly cares if people boost?

Are his stats affecting your stats?

Is he forcing you to play halo with him?

No?

Then i say piss off. Booster in video games are an undeniable fact of life, you just have to learn to live with it, because 99.99% of the time, the developers couldnt possibly care any less then they do.

• Like 1

No?

Then i say piss off. Booster in video games are an undeniable fact of life, you just have to learn to live with it, because 99.99% of the time, the developers couldnt possibly care any less then they do.

They fix stupid spots like pinnacle in infection, the space portion of Arena Zealot, etc. to make the game a little more fun for people, so why not at least make it so that if you're playing BTB that you can't have more than a party of 8? According to you, it's totally fair and right to have a couple people sit on the other team and just betray them. Yea, their stats affect other peoples when they get a huge group and everybody on the other team goes completely negative because your own teammates are betraying you. And no, I don't exactly get to pick my opposing team in matchmaking, sorry. But in all my time of playing halo, there are few things that make me as mad as when I run into a group of kids who do this. Yes, it can be stopped, by limiting the amount of people that can play. No, it shouldn't be exploited like it has been.

I remember when i boosted when i first started halo, i am ashamed of that today. But boosting is pointless, when you go to look at you stats there not all legit, and you cant boast to anyone because its obvious that there boosted. I have a lot of friends who still boost. Ive only got 1 unfrig and around 10 killionaires, go look at my stats and see how much i boosted, i glad i dont anymore

No?

Well sad thing is, the way people Does in fact affect your stats in the game. If you refuse to believe such a thing, I have a few clips on my reach file share, unless they were removed without my knowledge, that you should look at.

Stat padding, if it hurts no one then it's....Who cares, but if it does hurt at least one person, then it's not "who cares"

Someone explain to me how someone's stats affect yours?

Are you still being forced to play with them? No.

But seriously, someone explain that first part?

If your matched with them because you are deemed to have similar skills to them then they end up quitting. Thats when it affects people. Although I personally have no issue with boosters they dont bother me, they can do w/e they want, I'll still mop the floor with them.

Someone explain to me how someone's stats affect yours?

Are you still being forced to play with them? No.

But seriously, someone explain that first part?

Simple: they ruin the game for others by stat padding becuase they are selfish. If you spawn trap to improve your K/D spread, then they are runing someone else's. And for the second part....

hmmm stay with a stat padder and have yoru stats decline or quit and be labled as unsporting.

Simple: they ruin the game for others by stat padding becuase they are selfish. If you spawn trap to improve your K/D spread, then they are runing someone else's. And for the second part....

hmmm stay with a stat padder and have yoru stats decline or quit and be labled as unsporting.

You quit out, simple, better yet, just dashboard, no penalty.

But I see how they affect people.