Halo 4 Matchmaking Perfection Tweaks

Darkrain491

Going from Halo: Reach to Halo 4, 343 should take couple of the little things that bugged a couple of players. An exaple, the voting system for map and/or gametype. the idea was fine, but if there was a majority draw then the map highest up on the list was chosen. in Halo 4, the map should be chosen between the majortiy draw at random. Little things like that make all the difference. and if there is a majority draw with a new round of voting, the new round of voting is chosen, as this will result in fair chance at a preferable map for all players. Please i would like to hear all your little tweaks ideas that may make the experiance that little bit more enjoyable.

• Like 2

in halo 4 the only thing we will be voting on is the map. there will be seperate playlists for infinity slayer and regular slayer. since you get to choose your starting weapon we dont have to decide on a gametype. i really like this. now we its all about what map people prefer. i honestly dont think they need many tweaks. 343i is doing a great job and i have complete faith

maybe we should go back to the veto system since we are just voting on the map?? just a thought

In session joining is confirmed, so thats a major plus.

Well, as you said higher up voting sucks.

I'd like to see less ''Match loading Failed, restarting vote''

Higher games, BTB size is normal size now, and BTB is 32v32

343 could learn something from Planetside 2, and its predecessor, P2 can hold 1000's of people on ONE MAP

Perhaps there are more things but these are my majors.

Glory of a far Dawn.

in halo 4 the only thing we will be voting on is the map. there will be seperate playlists for infinity slayer and regular slayer. since you get to choose your starting weapon we dont have to decide on a gametype. i really like this. now we its all about what map people prefer. i honestly dont think they need many tweaks. 343i is doing a great job and i have complete faith

maybe we should go back to the veto system since we are just voting on the map?? just a thought

Actually bringing back the veto would be better actually i like that one.

If 343 were reintroduce the veto system, everything would be a whole lot simpler. and as shadow cat says, we need more specific playlists. and also, going from reach to Halo 4, the infection maps need to be their own special, custimized maps were then is depris scattered around

Something I'd like to see is if there's a playlist that depends on one map, such as is currently in Reach with GB. Then make it so that if the person cannot load the map they cannot enter the play list. This may sound cr@ppy, but think about it, if you cannot load the map and there is only one map to play it on, eventually someone will get kicked and that automatically hurts a team in one way or another.

About the join session in progess....DUMB! Player connections directly affect the latency, lag, in a game. If people can join and quit without care then the game's connection will cr@p itself far more frequently. You may say that 343 has more than likely done plenty of research on this..here's the thing..There is No way around game lag, you will always have some!

In session joining is confirmed, so thats a major plus.

Well, as you said higher up voting sucks.

I'd like to see less ''Match loading Failed, restarting vote''

Higher games, BTB size is normal size now, and BTB is 32v32

343 could learn something from Planetside 2, and its predecessor, P2 can hold 1000's of people on ONE MAP

Perhaps there are more things but these are my majors.

Glory of a far Dawn.

With halo's new graphics push I will be very hard to hold 32 players effectively. Lag would be excruciating. Also match faulures are caused by bad internet connections and scratches on the disc. There is nothing 343i can do to prevent that. It has to load the map for every player and if one player has a sudden burst of bad connection the map will not load because the server failed to synchronize with all of the players.

I would like to see the server retry that game once after the loading fail happens instead of automatically going to a new vote.

With halo's new graphics push I will be very hard to hold 32 players effectively. Lag would be excruciating. Also match faulures are caused by bad internet connections and scratches on the disc. There is nothing 343i can do to prevent that. It has to load the map for every player and if one player has a sudden burst of bad connection the map will not load because the server failed to synchronize with all of the players.

I would like to see the server retry that game once after the loading fail happens instead of automatically going to a new vote.

your forgetting that microsoft are behind halo. they pull as much server power as they like.