What is the still undiscovered "Didact"??

Black n White13

Didact isn't a race for a species my friend :)

The Didact is a Promethean, a member of an extremely powerful class of Warrior-Servant. He gained his name while teaching at the College of Strategic Defence of The Mantle. His wife was the Librarian, who was a Forerunner that helped with archiving dozens of species onto the Ark for when the Halo rings fired. When they were fired, the species would be returned to their worlds, free of the Flood.

Now there were TWO Didact's, one, who was the original, information about him can be found here; http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Didact

The other, was originally a Forerunner named "Bornstellar Makes Eternal Lasting". Eventually he stumbled upon the Didact, and at a later date, the Didact performed a brevet mutation, passing his memories and knowledge onto Bornstellar.

Something then happened to the original Didact, making Bornstellar the reincarnated version of the Didact.

I would advise reading the Forerunner Series, they'll help fill in the gaps of knowledge regarding the Forerunners and the Didact, and other events that I have not mentioned in this post :)

• Like 1

Didact isn't a race for a species my friend :)

The Didact is a Promethean, a member of an extremely powerful class of Warrior-Servant. He gained his name while teaching at the College of Strategic Defence of The Mantle. His wife was the Librarian, who was a Forerunner that helped with archiving dozens of species onto the Ark for when the Halo rings fired. When they were fired, the species would be returned to their worlds, free of the Flood.

Now there were TWO Didact's, one, who was the original, information about him can be found here; http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Didact

The other, was originally a Forerunner named "Bornstellar Makes Eternal Lasting". Eventually he stumbled upon the Didact, and at a later date, the Didact performed a brevet mutation, passing his memories and knowledge onto Bornstellar.

Something then happened to the original Didact, making Bornstellar the reincarnated version of the Didact.

I would advise reading the Forerunner Series, they'll help fill in the gaps of knowledge regarding the Forerunners and the Didact, and other events that I have not mentioned in this post :)

It is stated in Silentium's official summary that both Didacts are still alive. The Ur-Didact (the original Didact) is stranded in a Flood infested system while Bornstellar is with the Librarian.

It is stated in Silentium's official summary that both Didacts are still alive. The Ur-Didact (the original Didact) is stranded in a Flood infested system while Bornstellar is with the Librarian.

It would of been nice if you could of put a spoiler tag next time. Just a little tip :)

So which Didact is this one?

Personally i hope it is Bornstellar, just to mix things up abit.

this question has been on my mind for such a long time.....

i think it may be the ur-Didact. Because he was probably put into the cryptum to continue his punishment from Faber. Since he survived when he was exiled, they needed a new place to put him