Armor Abilitys. Like them? Hate them? LETS FIND OUT!

Dominator

My feeling on AA's:

Love the notion.

Hate the execution.

I feel it was just a poor move making them pick-ups during the campaign, but then treating them like loadout perks during multiplayer matchmaking. Especially when some of those abilities switch control of the match in such a drastic way, and then not allow you to regain control unless you die and change loadouts. And isn't the point not to die and give points to your opponents?

If everyone had the same abilities at their disposal and nobody had to die to take back something that shouldn't have been taken away to begin with, then there would be no excuses and players would either be good sports and deal with it, or poor sports and groan about it.

I think that its fine to keep sprint and evade. i think all others should go and bring back halo 3's pick up power ups. j-pack can go all together. although i do believe that they should give players the option to pick mainly between sprint or evade. maybe have the option to pick one or the other in the customize armor page and stick mainly with that skill until changed. and overshield, inviability, and CPU, should all go back to a pick up power-up.

AGREED haha

I would like if they took out Evade or something for like "flip". You would know what I mean if you played Halo Wars. If you use a Spartan with the dual SMG's, they like flip around. You could do say 2 in a row, or wait for recharge. You would go into the flip stance, and in this mode, it would automatically fire, wasting no ammo, unless you have a power weapon. When in the Flip Stance, it would zoom out into third person so you could actually see them ready to do the flip. You would then do the flip to either side, you would choose by moving the stick, then go into the after stance where you gain your balance again, for like a second, and you can still shoot. There's also a quick jump if you just tap the button and push the stick in a direction, where you wouldn't be able to fire, and it would quickly go into third person and go back into first, like it does when you put down a drop shield. This would be to like avoid an incoming ghost or other vehicle, possibly make it so you can even flip forward and backward.

And I like Armor Abilities, adds variety and more strategy to gameplay.

interesting.....and BTW idc if you like AA's your outnumbered. just sayin

My feeling on AA's:

Love the notion.

Hate the execution.

I feel it was just a poor move making them pick-ups during the campaign, but then treating them like loadout perks during multiplayer matchmaking. Especially when some of those abilities switch control of the match in such a drastic way, and then not allow you to regain control unless you die and change loadouts. And isn't the point not to die and give points to your opponents?

If everyone had the same abilities at their disposal and nobody had to die to take back something that shouldn't have been taken away to begin with, then there would be no excuses and players would either be good sports and deal with it, or poor sports and groan about it.

i actualy think you are on the right mind set, reach had good ideas, but poor execution. your right

Some ppl play for fun and dont really care.. If its in the game your gonna have to deal with it and move on

ummm the people your talking about, they ***** about those AA's just as much as the real fans from the old days,the MLG people,the machinima people and even the people who have LEFT our beloved game the only people who like them are the kids and the people who abuse them and are considered "noobs". sorry pal but your wrong the day AA's go byebye i will stand and cheer(and the day is coming soon because of the title update say byebye AA's! no more noobs! wootwoot)

I honestly don't see what all the whining about them is for. I mean hell 3 had some you just had to pick them up yes they didnt last long but still. I like the jet pack for the fact I can get across the map faster. I dont see why people complain about this one. If someone is using it how hard is it to shoot them out of the air. Sprint I feel this should not be a AA but something that should have been default from the beginning. This is pretty much all I use and when I'm not using it it sucks. Evade pretty much like sprint but the elites version. Camo I dont like using it because its pretty worthless and its not very hard to see people when they are using it. Now for the big one armor lock. I dont like using it and when someone I'm in a fight with uses it I just think to myself easy kill. I just step back time a gernade right to pop there shields and boom headshot. If need be I'll chunk a gernade and go in for the melee.

Now why bungie put them in reach I'm really not sure. I think part of it had to do with trying to copy COD's perks and part of it had to do with its something different. All I got to say is for all the people who say dont change the game be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. Then were gonna have another COD on our hands every new release the exact same game just different maps and rename a few gun. COD4 was awesome World at War was a failure but the same MW2 exact same Black Ops exact same MW3 prob exact same lets not do this with halo.

I honestly don't see what all the whining about them is for. I mean hell 3 had some you just had to pick them up yes they didnt last long but still. I like the jet pack for the fact I can get across the map faster. I dont see why people complain about this one. If someone is using it how hard is it to shoot them out of the air. Sprint I feel this should not be a AA but something that should have been default from the beginning. This is pretty much all I use and when I'm not using it it sucks. Evade pretty much like sprint but the elites version. Camo I dont like using it because its pretty worthless and its not very hard to see people when they are using it. Now for the big one armor lock. I dont like using it and when someone I'm in a fight with uses it I just think to myself easy kill. I just step back time a gernade right to pop there shields and boom headshot. If need be I'll chunk a gernade and go in for the melee.

Now why bungie put them in reach I'm really not sure. I think part of it had to do with trying to copy COD's perks and part of it had to do with its something different. All I got to say is for all the people who say dont change the game be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. Then were gonna have another COD on our hands every new release the exact same game just different maps and rename a few gun. COD4 was awesome World at War was a failure but the same MW2 exact same Black Ops exact same MW3 prob exact same lets not do this with halo.

nobody says no to change, if that was so i would say no to sprint and evade. i read your WHOLE comment. and i have to agree with your statment about turning into CoD. my point is that AA's are original,uniqe, and interesting. but sadly there stupid and or pointless most of the time.... you said yourself alot of them are pointless. but i do like the thought you put into this comment thank you!

Yes, armour abilities would be great to be put into halo 4, but, not the armour lock in multi player for the fact that so many people use it constantly when they are about to die then melee you in one hit -__-

thank you for giving your opinion but you cant tell me there good for the game, most are pointless, and the others are "nooby". these 2 statments are things halo DOES NOT RECOGNIZE! so i wont tolerate them in the MP a second time. make them custome game only and ill be fine. other than that if they wont do so, get rid of them completely