Missing Out From The Forerunner Saga?

Lord Takaa

So, as much flak as Im gonna take for this statement.. I havent read the forerunner saga. I have no desire too. Ive always disliked Greg Bear an I was pretty upset when I found out he was writing the series an yes, I have tried. I started the first book in the series but still cant drag myself through it. Yet Ive read every other Halo novel.

Moving on.

People are the forums are ranting about the events in the series an how itll play out into H4. Ive learned that apparently 343 Guilty Spark is still alive. Woohoo. An something about a Didact or whatever?

So can someone give me a bit of a summary? Without the obvious "ohemgee just buy the books!"

No. I cant stand Greg Bear. Get over it.

I fully agree...I read the Forunner saga so far, and I too am not a fan of Greg, however the saga is good on sheading light on those who came before and how we all connect, it really isnt all that spectacular. I prefer Karen Traviss personally.

And if you really want to know...just check wikipedia or halopedia lol

Ok, Victory, should we start? :D

The summary of the most summarious summary you can ever find (lol): At first, there were the Precursors, wich created Forerunners and Humans. *missing info* The Forerunners rebelled, and fought the Precursors leading them to the boarders of the Galaxy. Flood appeared, infected the Humans' colonies. They sought protection in the Forerunners' territory. Human-Forerunner war started. Forerunners won (Humans had to fight between two fronts, and their allies San 'Shyuum betrayed them), de-evoluted Humans, encountered the Flood. Forerunner-Flood war. Flood won. *missing information->Silentium* Halo array fired.

Protagonists: -Bornstellar makes eternal lasting: will eventually inherit the Didact imprint and role,

- UR-Didact: husband of the Librarian, Commander in Chief of the Forerunners Armies,

- Librarian: wife of the Didact, many things (Human "code", or imprint with Ancient Important Humans memories, transformed the Halos in little "arks")

-Chakas and Riser: two humans that will be in the middle of the Forerunner civil confilct, Chakas will eventually become 343.

-Master Builder: built the Halos, tried (sometimes, succesfully) to use them against the Humans, is believed dead.

- Primordial: at the end of Primordium, it is revealed that he is a Gravemind of Precursors. He talked first with the Humans, some suicided then they decided to put him in "stasis". Then the Forerunners accidentally freed him, put Mendicant Bias to interrogate him, Bias went crazy and fired 5 (at the beginning there were 12 Halos) Halo rings on the Forerunner world. (Does this means all the Precursors were Flood?)

I omitted many, many, many things (oh, so many), but you asked a sum...

(I understand you hate Greg, but you should at least read the final battle in Cryptum, it's sooooooo epic... :o )

• Like 1