some questions about the didact

twistedforsaken

Ok ive read a few things about how he was involved in the forerunner and human war etc but im still confused as to why hes hostile to the master chief. Ive heard he never actully hated humans and didnt he have humans help him when he was exiled?.

well, the Didact does have a hatred for humans. He was a leader in the forerunner-human war, he lost all of his offspring in that war, and he was outraged when he discovered the manlte was meant for the humans. In the tenth terminal in halo CE evolved anniversary, 343 guilty spark is talking about the Didact at the end of it. He specifically says "and without the Librarian to temper his rage, those Reclaimers would almost prefer the flood". Humans are reclaimers, and this means the Didact is a threat to humanity. We can also assume he is very dangerous, because its pretty hard to prefer the flood over any other foe.

But i am not sure how the Didact would have had a human as an ally. I'm pretty sure it was before he knew that humanity was supposed to inherit the mantle, so this may have a factor in this.

Or i also have the idea that he wanted to use the humans for something, but he never got to do it. Thats probably why the promethens kept chief alive at the end of the campaign demo, becuase the Didact still needs a human for something we dont know

well, the Didact does have a hatred for humans. He was a leader in the forerunner-human war, he lost all of his offspring in that war, and he was outraged when he discovered the manlte was meant for the humans. In the tenth terminal in halo CE evolved anniversary, 343 guilty spark is talking about the Didact at the end of it. He specifically says "and without the Librarian to temper his rage, those Reclaimers would almost prefer the flood". Humans are reclaimers, and this means the Didact is a threat to humanity. We can also assume he is very dangerous, because its pretty h ard to prefer the flood over any other foe.,

But i am not sure how the Didact would have had a human as an ally. I'm pretty sure it was before he knew that humanity was supposed to inherit the mantle, so this may have a factor in this.

Or i also have the idea that he wanted to use the humans for something, but he never got to do it. Thats probably why the promethens kept chief alive at the end of the campaign demo, becuase the Didact still needs a human for something we dont know

Very well put. I even learned a few things :)

When he transferred into Bornstellar's body, some of the love for humans remained. Meaning he didn't have a mentality of killing then on sight, surely. Over these years, he could have become angry at everything that caused him to be alone for a long time. The Human-Forerunner war may have him thinking the Humans lost the flood cure on purpose, that they could have been "nice" and defeated the flood instead of losing everything. He may be prejudiced against Humans after all this time of thinking how things could have been different.

When he transferred into Bornstellar's body, some of the love for humans remained. Meaning he didn't have a mentality of killing then on sight, surely. Over these years, he could have become angry at everything that caused him to be alone for a long time. The Human-Forerunner war may have him thinking the Humans lost the flood cure on purpose, that they could have been "nice" and defeated the flood instead of losing everything. He may be prejudiced against Humans after all this time of thinking how things could have been different.

the thing is, that there is no real cure for the flood. The flood decides whther or not it wants to infect something, and this "cure" that the humans had was probably something that made the flood not want to infect people. And the humans did get rid of their "cure" as a last act of vengeance against the forerunners. I will be discussing some of this is in a new topic that i am making, which will include all we know about the Didct and the forerunners coming into halo 4