How to deal with quitters

r1kkie

@immortal Reaver: Calling me cancer is disrespectful...if I have to carry my team because the other players are messing around, not trying to win, or just bad and if we dont stand a chance than yes I quit. If the other team is full stacked and not going for the objective (playing one bomb and just killing for example) than again yes I quit. There is no point in sticking those sort of games out.

If you search alone you have accepted to have people messing around in your team. Don't like, dont search alone. People need to learn to lose like men. Not run away like a chicken when you have a hard time.

Hardly anybody plays arena because it failed. Speaking from experience, not near the amount of people quit in Halo 2 and 3 as compared to Halo Reach and it was for a reason (because the 1-50 systems were in place, which is completely different from the division system). You'll have quitters in any game but the goal is to downsize quitting, which the ranked playlists of Halo 2 and 3 did.

Indeed. I think if you combine both xp penalty and temp ban would make it even better.

People who complain of outside interference. Three words: Fix your connection...

@immortal Reaver: Calling me cancer is disrespectful...if I have to carry my team because the other players are messing around, not trying to win, or just bad and if we dont stand a chance than yes I quit. If the other team is full stacked and not going for the objective (playing one bomb and just killing for example) than again yes I quit. There is no point in sticking those sort of games out.

Quitting as many games as you do for childish selfish reasons is disrespectful. I carry people, and still lose. I don't quit. It's part of the game, you don't always win and you don't always get good team mates. If you fail to realize that then maybe you should go play Kinectimals....

i do not quit all the time, it is not a habitual habit. You can check my games. I just brought up the examples as mere examples of why I personally do not think quitting should be made into as much of an issue as it has. I still firmly believe that 343i will work out a good system and that the drop in/out system will work.

Quitting as many games as you do for childish selfish reasons is disrespectful. I carry people, and still lose. I don't quit. It's part of the game, you don't always win and you don't always get good team mates. If you fail to realize that then maybe you should go play Kinectimals....

I'd stop the superiority act. I may not quit either, but I won't criticize those who do for legitimate reasons.

BTW, the drop in/out system may drop someone in right after someone quits. They may prioritize non-full games. Hmm?

I had cancer once, and even though the reference wasn't meant in an offensive manner, I still do not appreciate the light use of the word. Cancer is a very serious thing and I very well could have been dead by now had I not been fortunate enough to have it found early. So, please, stop using diseases and conditions as comparisons in these petty arguments.

but now you dont have to worry about having no one on your team since there is a new join session system

omg i totally didn't realize how helpful the join in session feature was until you said that. wow 343 are teh mastahs!

I am worried about lagging out and being punished for it. Espeacially since this game will push the xbox.

i swear it is a better idea to have 2 discs for halo 4. one for campaign, for longer experience, and another for mp and spartan ops. sure the lag problem could be solves by the massive 8.0 and above gb storage space for halo 4 prediction, but still :/

Personally if the drop in/out system works than I have no problem with people quitting. if I am stuck on a lame team and have to carry them, I will quit too. No point in me doing all of the work. If something happens outside of xbox (real life) than you should not be punished for quitting. If you are stuck with lame players than you should be able to quit.

In CoD, if I am losing or carrying the team and losing I quit, its not hard for other players to join the team I quit and not hard for me to search for another game. The whole point is to have fun, if the game sucks, than leave. I hate when i get paired against a stacked team and they dont do the objective and just kill, it makes the game no fun, so i quit. I dont care

ikr! maybe i have to go do something like take out the garbage and i'm being insisted on constantly up to the point that i have too, i have to quit the game, and i would loose exp. lol i can imagine like decades later if halo still survives maybe like halo 1000 or something lol there can be an AI on your xbox 2400 that you can tell if you have to leave for a reason XDDDD

Is there any info how the drop-in system is going to work? Is it like COD, you can be thrown in a game that ends in 1min or is it diffrent?

With the drop-in system, will matches end and you have to restart de matchmaking search or is the game ongoing like COD?

Enjoy!

LOL quitting once and you get 15 min of ban??? I'll have fun watching the counter drop down from by the thousands.

If that were to happen, 50% of halo players will be banned.

According to my internet connection, I won't be able to play halo for years. but that's not logical since we have to wait 15 minutes before we can get into a new match and then quit and having to wait fifteen more minutes

The only games I have ever quit out of were ones where I literally couldn't play because they were using glitches in the spawn system to get us spawn trapped. I quit, and then reported the players. However, in the entire time I've played Halo Reach, I've only quit twice. Why? Because I don't believe in it. Quitting is cowardice. If you join a game, and quit part-way through, that just shows a lack of commitment.

I see people saying things like "I quit because my teammates are bad." To me this is unacceptable. How can you call your teammates bad when they can finish the game and you can't? I've ALWAYS been cursed with HORRIBLE teammates, and I've never quit because of that. I just play and try to get such a high k/d that if we lose, then I can actually say that it's not my fault. Then when the game is over, I back out of the lobby and try again. I once went 43/3 in SWAT and my team still managed to lose. Was I mad? A little bit. But that anger was dissipated by how epic I played that game.

If you are going to quit out because you aren't having a good game, go right ahead. No one is stopping you. Abandoning your team (even if they are a crappy team) is not an applaudable feat though, and don't expect people to take kindly to it.