Grenades in Halo 4

Immortal Reaver

There is a new Package called Resupply. It is the only way you can pick up grenades after you spawn. This should help out with grenade spamming quite a bit. As far as the types of grenades there are 3 confirmed so far.

Frag Grenade - Same as in past halos.

Plasma Nade - Same as in past halos.

Promethean Grenade - EMP grenade.

Hope this helped :)

Also has there been any word on Armor Lock or any equivalent to it?

Armour lock won't be in Halo 4. There is something that slightly resembles it called the "Hardlight Shield" though. What this does is provide you with a shield to protect you for a short time from damage coming from the front. It doesn't protect your sides or back, and apparently grenades will work well against it. While using this armour ability you move a lot slower, cannot sprint, and cannot fire your weapons or throw grenades from the looks of it.

Armour lock won't be in Halo 4. There is something that slightly resembles it called the "Hardlight Shield" though. What this does is provide you with a shield to protect you for a short time from damage coming from the front. It doesn't protect your sides or back, and apparently grenades will work well against it. While using this armour ability you move a lot slower, cannot sprint, and cannot fire your weapons or throw grenades from the looks of it.

Is that the shield that I saw one of the enemies use? It was like a big plasma shield.

Is that the shield that I saw one of the enemies use? It was like a big plasma shield.

That was the one. I'd recommend looking at the video I've linked below to see it in action. I don't think there are many long clips of it being used, but from what I saw it seems to be working out just fine. It doesn't look anywhere near as bad a nuisance as Armour Lock is.

• Like 2