No Community Made Forge Maps in MP

Tallgeese

No Community Made Forge Maps in MP  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Community Made Forge Maps in MP?

• Yes
    • No

i forgot to mention in my last comment, that community maps are good because when you have played alot with the basic maps, you will eventually be a little bored of them after playing a while, this is why community maps are good, always something new :D

• Like 1

if they do allow community made maps after the 3 map packs mentioned in the LE of Halo4, they need to be thoroughly play tested. Uncaged, Atom, and Cliffhanger are indeed garbage

On the subject of Uncaged, can you believe that was designed by the same guy who created Lockout? Seriously, the same person who's brilliant enough to make LOCKOUT also designed The Cage and Uncaged!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I mean, I preferred a lot of the community maps that were released later on than the forge maps made by Bungie. I really do not like Uncaged, Pinnacle, and Asylum.

My concern is partially with forge maps messing with the frame rate and performance, not because I care terribly about that, but because of 4 player split screen. When I found out that Bungie ended a lot of 4 player options in playlists, I was very unpleasantly surprised. Halo has always been THE four man crew game, and you can't even take 4 guys into TS.

Until they let you be able to design maps in different environments and not the same pattern on all blocks there will never be a good forge map imo. They all lock the same and boring as hell. No color at all, just grey and boring. :(

i forgot to mention in my last comment, that community maps are good because when you have played alot with the basic maps, you will eventually be a little bored of them after playing a while, this is why community maps are good, always something new :D

I

I rather play the original maps then the forge map. They all look the same and boring... Not even the remake of the Pit in mlg is fun due to the pattern of all blocks. There are no heart in these maps.

if they do allow community made maps after the 3 map packs mentioned in the LE of Halo4, they need to be thoroughly play tested. Uncaged, Atom, and Cliffhanger are indeed garbage

... Pinnacle, Asylum, Think Twice, and alot more are garbage... :/

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see community made multiplayer maps in Halo 4 War Games eventually. Just not right at launch. And only as long as they pick maps that really are good, not garbage like some of the maps i've seen in Reach.

First, let's break down what Reach did wrong.

For example, Bungie said so often that the maps in Halo Reach will have callouts. And most did. But guess which didn't.. that's right, all those Forge World variants. I don't know if anyone else even noticed this, but this is something that annoyed me. Because instead of having callouts for the different sections of the map, the Forge World variants had the callout for the specific section inside the Forge World. And that was bad.

Also, the maps they chose were seriously bad. Especially in BTB and Invasion. I don't know what they were thinking with that.

That being said, i think it's safe to say that Reach has left a bad taste in our mouths when it comes to Forge World variants.

But this doesn't mean that 343 won't do a better job when it comes to this. And i for one am willing to at least give them a chance.

As long as 343 spend time testing maps and making sure they work I would love to have community maps in war games. Although for the first few months there should be none because forgers will still be learning game mechanics.

Also on a side note: I use to try to post on waypoint, I recently came here and this is my first post and I have to say this seems to be a more constructive community compared to a backstabbing, your wrong because I just want to disagree type that seems to populate the waypoint forums

I think if they keep the forged maps they should just have a playlist for those maps. Although it is nice for variety. Like if you are like me and mainly stick to one play list, it is nice to see a different map. Weather it be bad or not. It really get aggravating playing on the same maps all the time. Everyone gets predictable. They all hid in the same spots and do the same things.

So every now and then it would be nice to see something new in the playlist you play. If its bad, well that is your opinion. It doesn't mean everyone thinks that way . Well except for Pinnical, Uncaged, and Asylum. But alot of these maps in MP weren't even checked by Bungie. They had volunteer's going over them. I know cause I thought about trying to do swat maps.