Concept Art that makes me question all plot theories

Victory Element

a user with the name NicoPorcaro started a topic with a link to a very interesting piece of concept art. This picture has changed my theories about the plot of halo 4 and has made me question all of the information that we know about Requiem. Here is the pic and the caption that was below it on the link.

Halo4_sketch2_sized.jpg

Caption:

This last image was for a concept in which an ancient technology sitting undisturbed for eons is finally discovered by a young native boy.

I have come up with a new theory but it is questionable and i wanted to compare this concept art to a few other pics. If you dont know the plot of Halo Wars, part of the game takes place on a forerunner shield world. In that world, there is dormant forerunner fleet that was discovered by the covenant. The covenant had to kidnap a human to activate The Apex which revealed the fleet(this will be important later)

here is a picture of the forerunner fleet(you would see more resemblence if the wings werent sticking out on the tops)

1771934-gallery.png

I dont know if anyone else sees any resemblence but i do. The structures in the first picture also resemble things in other halo 4 concept art. There is one pic with chief standing next to what seems to be a docked forerunner ship. The other just has structures that seem seem to resemble those of the concept art that i posted at the top

halo4concept08.jpg

chief by docked ship

world610.jpg

similar looking structures

I see a lot of resemblences but im not sure about anyine else. I have have also come up with two possible theories based off the new concept art and some of these pictures.

First theory: when chief is knocked out by the prometheans at the end of the campaign demo, he is brought to the Didact. The Didact wants to activate the forerunner fleet and he needs a human to do so. Chief is captured and used to activate the fleet and the Didact leaves Requiem in search of the Librarian. Or he could try to destroy Requiem because there are now humans inside of it. Maybe the "anceint evil that awakens" isnt the Didact. Maybe it is the forerunner fleet that gets under the control of a rampant AI?

Second theory: in the caption under the concept art, it says a native boy. If this picture is on Requiem, that means that humans have been living inside of the shield world. Maybe the didact isnt on Requiem, and it is actually the Librarian? The Librarian could've escaped to shield world and preserved humans when the rings were fired. There could be a colony of humans living under the Librarian on Requiem. Then eventually, Guilty Spark and the Didact enter Requiem and find the Librarian in part of the campaign. But the problem with this theory is, why wouldnt the prometheans have killed the native humans by now?? Are they programmed to protect the humans?

i know my theories have a few holes in them but this is just a statring point from this new piece of concept art. Please leaves responses that could correct my theories or leave your own new theories if you want

i will possibly add on new theories as replies under this topic

• Like 2

Theres simply no reason to think that native boy is on requim considering how Forerunner stuff is scattered all over the Milky Way, including Earth.

I'm just looking forward to the Forerunners being bad. Even though they build cool stuff, they sound like A-holes to me, and the Didact has a motivation to destroy Humanity since Humans are the ones who were supposed to inherent the Precursors mantle...not the Forerunners. So, dat b!tch be jealous.

• Like 2

Your second theory about the librarian being on requiem instead of the didact is false, in the live action trailer when 'red scanner' scans the ship, you see the screens inside the ship have a certain red emblem on them now. That is the emblem of the didact. At the end of the trailer you also see the emblem again, and the didact sais " I have long awaited this day...reclaimer.." then the trailer ends.

Theres simply no reason to think that native boy is on requim considering how Forerunner stuff is scattered all over the Milky Way, including Earth.

I'm just looking forward to the Forerunners being bad. Even though they build cool stuff, they sound like A-holes to me, and the Didact has a motivation to destroy Humanity since Humans are the ones who were supposed to inherent the Precursors mantle...not the Forerunners. So, dat b!tch be jealous.

ya i agree. I wana kill something that will make me feel really proud!....... like a forerunner. But the comment about the boy being on Requiem was something that i had considered. The only place we know about in the campaign so far is Requiem, and i dont know if there will be any traveling between other planets. I assume its on Requiem because in the campaign trailer, Cortana said she wouldnt let them leave whatever planet they were on, which is probably Requiem from what we know. You make a good point though, thanks for responding

Your second theory about the librarian being on requiem instead of the didact is false, in the live action trailer when 'red scanner' scans the ship, you see the screens inside the ship have a certain red emblem on them now. That is the emblem of the didact. At the end of the trailer you also see the emblem again, and the didact sais " I have long awaited this day...reclaimer.." then the trailer ends.

I probably should've worded my theory better. I greatly assume the Didact is on Requiem, but that doesnt mean the Librian isnt on it as well. i am about to edit my original post and add in a new theory that i just thught of. I havent thought through my theories completely yet, i just wanted to make a starting point for others and hear what they have to say

I have just come up with a new theory. both the Didact and the Librarian are on Requiem, but there is conflict between them. The Librarian escaped to the shield world when the rings were fired and preserved humans there. the Didact finally found the Librarian and became angry at the fact that she had been preserving human life on Requiem. The Didact then corrupts a large amount of the Prometheans(the orange colored) and begins to wipe out the humans. The Librarian then progams the remaining prometheans(blue colored) to protect the humans living there. And i havent thought about how Chief or the Infinity will play into this, i will add more later