CoD VS halo 4(the showdown you have been waiting for!)

Dominator

So where should i start? well first let me make this clear i have played all halo games and CoD games since the begining. but i have my own opinion and i will start this war by doing a whole paragraph for CoD and then for halo. we will duke it out and see who wins by you guys and your replys!

CoD: in 2002 I got my first CoD and it was great, it was realistic and fun. not to mention it was my second FOS i had ever played. the game was amazing and for the nest 4 years i bought all the CoD games that came out. in 2006 they came out with the xbox 360 CoD3. this game is very good, i would make it part of my top ten games i have ever played. it was tactical and fun and large warfare. then i heard about CoD4 and heard it was modernized. i was like that will be beast. the whole thing about cod was it was ment to be a tactical game where players need to stick together and plan there attacks. when CoD4 came out i was not thrilled, i was disapointed in alot of ways about CoD4 but in all honesty i liked it at first. but then the new generation of gamers have now arived and like a becken of hell itself they flooded into XBL like a virus that never stops! CoD4 was good when it started because first nobody was overpowered, and second there were NO noobs at the time either. so i cant say that i hate CoD 4 as a game, i hate cod4 for the community that took over because all the original cod fans like myself are gone, no more. then a year later once again cod comes with a new game and this one has tanks but not all the stuff cod3 had. i felt they were back tracking slowly which made me happy, but sadly the littke kids came back and there were even more this time. the only new thing out of waw was the zombies, and i wont defend it and will dsay there are plenty zombie games that were out and yeah cod started there rain of copy cat rep with zombies, but how many games go from FPS war game to zombie? i give them props on the idea. but sadly the MP still felt the same gamplay wise as CoD4 but it was no big deal cuz it was there second game into this new era of cods maby they will get it right i said.

so then 2009 came around and i bought mw2 day 1 thinking theres a chance things have changed, it looks better, cross fingers. yeah ummmm NO! i felt like i had just spent $60 on a title update for CoD4! it was the identical graphics from the last, the story did NOT pick up were the last ended, and they added one other thing to the game beside the MP and the campagin, and that was spec ops. this idea came from the GRAW series in 2006 and 2007 with there MP missions they could complete. and there MP was worse than last, even more children had joined XBL and they now were spreading to other games besides CoD but there main place was still CoD and it was infested. the noobtubes and the campers and the insesive screaming and ranting and hating on other games had begun. What i personaly call the gamer armeggedon of the 21st century! i hated CoD by this point, CoD mw2 had finished it for me. they were a dead franchise floating in the water for hardcore gamers and the little kids had over run us. then in 2010 i said enough. there has been four cod games in 4 years and thats just to much. my friend is very annoying and he somhow convinced me to buy the new black ops game that had come out(dont ask me how lol) and i decided because it was the creators of WaW i would give it a chance, yeah NO! not only did they completly turn into a IW game but they did NOTHING to zombies, they just made it harder and later on added new types of zombies, but once again CoD sequals turned into a title update. the MP was just the MW2/CoD4/WaW gamplay but with even more copied elments than ever before. this time they copied halo, there rival game since 2007. they put in screenshots,they put in theater system,and the funniest of all is they copied the newly released "Halo:Reach" credit system for there ranks. I personaly think they solved noob tubing for the first two months of the game and then everyone had the tubes again and **** went on like always. the only thing i can say has never changed since the dawn of CoD(treyarch CoDs not IWs) is that there storys are awsome. both black ops and WaW had a great story and the fact that in BO you see the rusian you play as in WaW die, thats cool. now i will say that CoD 4 was a good story mainly because of capitain price, who was in prior cods from the old days. but mw2 may have had him but im sorry the story is suppose to be a sequal and its not. the story does not connect at all, and from what i have seen, the most recent CoD the MW3 game looks like its going to be the same way but with MW2. this is sad if you ask me, because IW is considered the better CoD makers but in reality IW copies not only other franchises to make there game "great" but they copy themselves! thats sad! im sorry but they have given us the same gamplay over and over and over and over and now we get to add one more over this year with MW3. im sorry but this is true and your a blind idiot if you think that CoD4 is different from BO. they are identical to each other with different perks and weopons, and alot of those are still the same just different names for those items. then you have the maps, they are still the same as well. roundhouse is just like asylum. and thats to different games!

they base everything off of CoD4 and i belive its getting old, FAST. there have been many things cod has done and there all bad mainly. including there rufusal to change graphic engines, heres a quote by the CEO of activision "building a new engine for the call of duty franchise would be the most unproductive thing we could ever do" thats pethetic! so i have to say that CoD started ambishous and interesting but turned DULL AND BORING! the game is dead in the water and even those lil kids that started the endless idiotic foolishness of the fans have started to drift away and moved on from cod slowly, there are facts to back this up, for the meer fact MW3 on all consoles has only 1.4 million preorders were MW2 had 1.7 when released, and BO when released only had 967K pre orders. both BF3 halo 4 and halo CEA have beat MW3 with BF3 2.3,CEA with 1.9 and halo 4 with already 1.5 million pre orders. so CoD is indeed loosing this war. but hey what happens happens. for me its a big fat screw you CoD and its fans. im tired of hearing cod is the best, its not its the most pathetic game franchise i have ever had the displeasure of playing!

now for the halo paragraph

Halo: In 2000 i got my first console, it was a nintindo 64 and i played all the games, mario cart smash bros and so much more. but in 2001 i went to go buy a new mario game and my brother in law(he was my sisters BF at the time and i was six) took me to gamestop to get the mario game cuz he wanted to get this new console that had come out and he was getting a brand new game on day release. when we got home he set his console and game up and i played my new mario game. then after dinner i still remember it like yesterday, i walked in and he said if you dont tell your mom ill let you play this with me, he said it was a game called halo and it had just come out(yep the day was the 15th! haha great timing right?) i loved the game imediatly and then proceeded to beg my mom for the next 5 days to get me halo, and she did and my 64 with all its games were in the adic by nov 20th and i had my xbox set up full and ready to go with only one game to play, halo. some would think thats stupid and one game was not enough, not for me. i played that lendary campagin over and over for years and years untill 2004 came around and i heard halo 2 was coming out, day one release and it was in my hands and once again i played halo 2 campagin over and over. but then in 2006 i went and got my first halo 2 system link with up to 4 xbox console and thats when skill started to set in, i learned how to 4 shot and other things MLG had thought of for halo. i loved the system for halo 2 as well because in that year i got my new xbox 360 and was waiting for halo 3. I got my first subscription to XBL in early 2007 and played halo 2 online, i was in love. the clan system, the FR list, the message system, all of it revolutionary and amazing to the FPS genra. then halo 3 came out. and the glory days of XBL and gaming set in place. I like to say that 2008 was the golden ages for xbox 360. everyone played halo 3 and played custome games. i could get online and there would be 20 some odd zombie games to play ranging from fat kid, to preditor, to candy man and so much more. hands down the best over all halo is halo 3. the gamplay was nailed dot on, the things they added in that game revolutionized the gaming world in ways no game on a console could ever hope to pull off. I had a blast and actually have made memorys from those days(call me a nerd but you know you did to). i will always miss those days of fun times on xbox. but to continue in 2009 the FPS genras number 1 game did somthing amazing, it took control and harnessed and entire different genra called RTS. early 2009 was awsome because for the first time bungie original idea for halo was made a reality by the talented ensemble studios with halo wars. HW is not considered the best of halos in the eyes of everyone, but those who know there halo, show the respect it deserves. HW was amazing and i hope to see another. then that same year bungies halo 3 odst game came out and it was the FIRST time were you did not play as the master chief in a halo FPS, and i personally think ODST was one of the best told storys in the halo franchise(not saying there not all great!) and then for the first time since halo came out, they actualy stole an idea from someone else.

this sadens me a little bit but overall yes firefight is like horde in alot of ways, but in firefight you can be the alines and GoW is now useing that idea for GoW3 so id say they are even for copying(not to mention there both made by microsoft!). firefight was first with ODST and i found it to be entertaining because it was difficult to play, very much so. after this it was back to halo 3 and those days started dying off sadly, but then things hyped up with the halo reach beta on may 2nd with the record breaking 2.5 million people playing all at one time! this is more than any CoD game has had and any halo game at the time(months later on september 25th 2010 the third birthday to halo 3 will be celebrated making a world record on xbox FPS games with having over 2.8 million players online at once). then on september 14th 2010 i got my lendary halo reach copy. i was soooo excited and it was amazing to play for the first time. but i will go to say halo reach has also givin me problems from day one. to say the least i know this was not the games fault but it is ironic that this happened when later we learn halo reach is one of the worst halos. midnight release i put in reach and it uploaded a virus to my account, it pissed me the F off. but i got it fixed and everything was ok. i really enjoyed the campagin and the story and graphics when i first played. i wwas disapointed that halo reach messed with the halo canon(by now iv become much more knowlagable about the halo stroyline) and it upset me, but i was fine overall. then i played the firefight to try it and hated the fact it was SOOOO easy now that you were spartans, its like a wimpy game that earnes you way to many credits for it. then i tried forge, this interested me because forge world was the biggest map in xbox console history for a game, that map is considered the biggest in the sense of one end to the other in playable space. but things changed after a few months, we all got boared of playing the same map for EVERYTHING on custome games, and that brings up a good point, they had to do a update to the game to put in alpha zombies, if you ask me thats sad, thats what made halo 3 and they took it out! WTF! but they put it back thank god. and then you have the sad excuse for lazyness where they took out the servers for theater and made it a 1 person thing. thats dumb. they also messed up fileshare and disorganized it. from a point of view one could say bungie perposly tanked halo with reach because halo is its competition now, but i belive that it is our fault. the fans always said inovate and change, they did and we screamed. its our fault and we ruined halo. but also you gotta think how stupid can you be, not all was on us. bungie should have known things like armor abilitys and 1 person in theater and no alpha zombies were bad ideas.

i mean come on when did we ever say to take out alphas?????? seriously! to rap things up I say halo is going to win this war mainly because we have more content in our franchise and this includes books,comics,games,cartoons,and a possible movie. cod has itself, the game. so theres one huge reason we are better. but it also has to do with quality and its fans. although i will say those cod fans who are drifting away, there starting to drift to halo, and that could be bad for us hardcore halo fans....waiting is all we can do i gess. halo will never die even when the developers try to sabotage the franchise, now its 343i's turn to show bungie you dont F around with halo, and we will come back stronger than ever with halo 4 and that game will destroy what little hope bungie,treyarch,IW,dice,kaos studios,crytek,and every other FPS creator has to beat halo. there is no such thing as a "Halo killer" and there never will be, there is only "Killed by Halo" that is all there can and will be. Halo:Reach is a fail game for so many reasons compared to prior halo games, but reach against other games is a killer to them all, there is only one game in the world that holds a torch to halo reach and thats BF3, but even that game cant handle halo 4.

this is it, give me your thoughts. i know this is a sensitive subject, but everything i said was either fact or opinion none was a lie. thank you for reading and like i said comment on my stuff, or add your own thoughts!

• Like 1

Who is going to read this? Answear - No one!

no offense bro, but nobody asked that, so if your asking to be fed. nobody i know from halo feeds trolls. calm down, if you dont like the post. dont commment and dont bother to click on the link, thank you

• Like 1

Interesting thoughts on the Halo franchise, especially regarding Reach and very good comments as well.

Yes Reach is different and probably is a step too far away from Halo 1 2 3. Here is the bit where I applaud you. Reach as a standalone game is far superior to most if not all other FPS games on the market, its just not Halo enough for the Halo fans.

Interesting thoughts on the Halo franchise, especially regarding Reach and very good comments as well.

Yes Reach is different and probably is a step too far away from Halo 1 2 3. Here is the bit where I applaud you. Reach as a standalone game is far superior to most if not all other FPS games on the market, its just not Halo enough for the Halo fans.

Agreed

hit the nail on the head. i agree 100%

No offense but i didnt read it, i figured its going to turn into another bashing thread anyway

you can have your own opinion, but if you read, i dont bash CoD or halo for unesecary reasons, read it and you will be shocked! haha

Reach is a neat game with very creative ideas in it, but gosh, the bloom and the DMR was terrible. But Halo will always have that solid core fan base than Call of Duty, CoD is just a bunch of young kids wanting to kill someone easily.

• Like 1

Reach is a neat game with very creative ideas in it, but gosh, the bloom and the DMR was terrible. But Halo will always have that solid core fan base than Call of Duty, CoD is just a bunch of young kids wanting to kill someone easily.

agreed.

I know this post is old but this theme interest me.

I agree like 95% with you, but the other 5% are my thoughts about the sad MP that COD4 and MW2 have and the poorly follow with the main story of the Fall of reach (book) with the actual game (Halo Reach)

My point of view about why COD (IW) doesnt improve is beacause there is a phrase called "If it is not broke do not fix it" , i guess this phrase give us the 1 millions bucks answer, is to risky for them to make something new with COD (IW),"THAT" something new was like you said modernized COD games dont you think?.Of course COD (IW) have a great campaign action, but that "action" i feel is like enjoy it once but the second time is not the same (if you cant understand me watch the final remix of the little fockers movie then watch it again is not funny like the first time). People LOVED COD MPs (IW) because THEY are obsessed with predators missiles, AC whatever attacks and the stupid dream about be a sniper in real life, when COD BO came, people hate it just because of this reason! ask around and there will be one person that is gonna tell you: I hate it beacuse the lack of phantoms airstrikes, harriers airstrikes and predators missiles! sure the game turn exciting when there are explosions everywhere but at the end is an ABUSE! of this killstreaks the game became maddening the only thing you can do is sit with your thumb in your hole waiting for the game over announce. I think that COD BO´s developers saw this but some guys cant see this, for me COD BO have almost a perfect MP the maps are well structured, poor camping spots and a equivalence between the players.

About Halo well like you i LOVEEEE HALO :yahoo: but the reason why i love halo is not because the existance of the games is the story that the books give us and since the launch of Halo 3 was totally lost :( For me the Halo CE and halo 2 campaing was amazing! when Bungie saw the magnitude of the MP they put more effort on the MP and they forget the campaign the result: HALO 3 and moreless HALO REACH, as FANS i guess you would agree with me Halo was a TOTALLY SUCCESS because the campaign was just Lovely i cant described it you will understand me :smoke: i can spend hours playing the missions but why i cant do this with reach and H3?

The H3 MPs was a monster in that time no kids playing and the ranking system was beautiful BUT REACH didnt reach this (LOL) the reason? lil kids complained about the ranking system and therefore the creation of the credit system ranking The Halo 3 MPs was beast because it was a COMPETITIVE MP and the MLG corroborate this showing us the gameplay of PROS using the BR, sniper rifle even with the pistol and those battles between Walshy and Tsquared :yahoo: maybe neighbor when he is not an ******* <_< and the amazing battles between Final boss and TD :unworthy:

I really hope that 343 industries see this and dont F***ed up like Bungie did with Reach campaign and multiplayer

This is my first comment so any helpful advices are gonna be recieved well.

COD IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING REALISTIC!!!!!!!!!! HAS ANYONE EVER SHOT A GUN HERE? PS ALL THE GUNS' PROFORMACE IS NOTHING LIKE THE REAL ONES. THE ADS IS NOTHING LIKE A REAL GUN'S. THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. HALO IS JUST AS UNREALSITIC AS COD, JUST IN DIFFERENT WAYS. :veryangry:

I know this post is old but this theme interest me.

I agree like 95% with you, but the other 5% are my thoughts about the sad MP that COD4 and MW2 have and the poorly follow with the main story of the Fall of reach (book) with the actual game (Halo Reach)

My point of view about why COD (IW) doesnt improve is beacause there is a phrase called "If it is not broke do not fix it" , i guess this phrase give us the 1 millions bucks answer, is to risky for them to make something new with COD (IW),"THAT" something new was like you said modernized COD games dont you think?.Of course COD (IW) have a great campaign action, but that "action" i feel is like enjoy it once but the second time is not the same (if you cant understand me watch the final remix of the little fockers movie then watch it again is not funny like the first time). People LOVED COD MPs (IW) because THEY are obsessed with predators missiles, AC whatever attacks and the stupid dream about be a sniper in real life, when COD BO came, people hate it just because of this reason! ask around and there will be one person that is gonna tell you: I hate it beacuse the lack of phantoms airstrikes, harriers airstrikes and predators missiles! sure the game turn exciting when there are explosions everywhere but at the end is an ABUSE! of this killstreaks the game became maddening the only thing you can do is sit with your thumb in your hole waiting for the game over announce. I think that COD BO´s developers saw this but some guys cant see this, for me COD BO have almost a perfect MP the maps are well structured, poor camping spots and a equivalence between the players.

About Halo well like you i LOVEEEE HALO :yahoo: but the reason why i love halo is not because the existance of the games is the story that the books give us and since the launch of Halo 3 was totally lost :( For me the Halo CE and halo 2 campaing was amazing! when Bungie saw the magnitude of the MP they put more effort on the MP and they forget the campaign the result: HALO 3 and moreless HALO REACH, as FANS i guess you would agree with me Halo was a TOTALLY SUCCESS because the campaign was just Lovely i cant described it you will understand me :smoke: i can spend hours playing the missions but why i cant do this with reach and H3?

The H3 MPs was a monster in that time no kids playing and the ranking system was beautiful BUT REACH didnt reach this (LOL) the reason? lil kids complained about the ranking system and therefore the creation of the credit system ranking The Halo 3 MPs was beast because it was a COMPETITIVE MP and the MLG corroborate this showing us the gameplay of PROS using the BR, sniper rifle even with the pistol and those battles between Walshy and Tsquared :yahoo: maybe neighbor when he is not an ******* <_< and the amazing battles between Final boss and TD :unworthy:

I really hope that 343 industries see this and dont F***ed up like Bungie did with Reach campaign and multiplayer

This is my first comment so any helpful advices are gonna be recieved well.

bro, that was a beast Reply! haha and I love that your speaking your opinion!

COD IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING REALISTIC!!!!!!!!!! HAS ANYONE EVER SHOT A GUN HERE? PS ALL THE GUNS' PROFORMACE IS NOTHING LIKE THE REAL ONES. THE ADS IS NOTHING LIKE A REAL GUN'S. THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. HALO IS JUST AS UNREALSITIC AS COD, JUST IN DIFFERENT WAYS. :veryangry:

hey buddy, your caps lock is broken....also you go back 9 years ago and tell me what game you played that was "realistic". oh you cant can you. Im sorry Im all for anti CoD but Shut your mouth when it comes to the old CoD games. you DONT know what your talking about and IF your a 13 year old you need to get it together, we are halo fans not CoD fans. dont be a foolish ***** who is so blind with rage against the new CoD games that you target actual good games. just Troll somwhere else

i like both games ill probably buy halo cea and ill probably rent mw3 iv invested way more time in halo though

um nope for me. i already played MW3. it is the same game we bought in 2007,2009 and now they are re-selling there game for a third time