Halo 4 Won't Have A Spectator Mode.

Undead

343 Industries' community manager Jessica Shea has been answering questions on Twitter about the studio's upcoming game, Halo 4. Among the queries she's answered was a question about Halo 4's spectator mode—or the lack thereof.

Shea confirmed that there will be no spectator mode in Halo 4. To some players, the omission of a spectator mode flies in the face of the studio's goal to develop Halo 4 as a competitive title, but most expressed their lack of surprise.

Other players were less affected by the news. @GrimBrotherOne dismissed spectator mode as a "waste of bandwidth".

The official response on the Halo bulletin called full spectator mode a "bandwidth hog" that they did not want to introduce into the game's competitive arenas, but promised that there would be changes to the post-death camera.

SOURCE:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/7504/article/halo-4-multiplayer-won-t-have-spectator-mode/

• Like 2

Spectactor mode would be an interesting thing to see how the more competitive players play

but I guess it will hog the much needed bandwidth to a certain degree.

But I'm not really fussed by it.

You still have theater mode.

This move suprises me. I always felt that that was a good feature of previous Halo games.

:(

Very disappointed with this. A good Spectator Mode is part of why other games like Starcraft and Call of Duty are so popular among e-sports brands like MLG, and viewing the field purely from the players' perspectives is very limiting.

Bandwidth shouldn't be an issue anyway: remember, these are the same people who've told us their netcode is so good that they don't need dedicated servers.

• Like 2

Watching other people play is how I got better to begin with. How am I supposed to tell what's going on If There's dead air in the server? It's just as bad as Marvel VS Capcom 3. We used to be able to watch the opponents play, so we can cheer for somebody and watch the intense action going on. I don't want to sit in some lobby watching two cards touch eachother for twenty five minutes. I really hope this gets changed, and yes, if it was promised, DELIVER ON THAT PROMISE. You'll have no excuse otherwise!

• Like 1