Ranking system

Bowlass

All they would have to do is change the ranking system, leave Cr in place to buy stuff, use EXP to gain rank....then your Rank would be a direct reflection of your abilities as far as competitive play goes. Cr buys armor and EXP buys Rank and you only get EXP based on how well you play and it can go up and down. It wouldnt be exactly like H3, and it shouldnt be, its a new game, but it would get rid of the "you played xx amount of hours so you get this rank" garbage that Reach has. Best of both worlds.

I'd like a mix of Reach and 3, keep the armory but credits only let you buy stuff, not level you up.

Thats exactly what i think. But only, you should get credits that actually reflect how well you did in the game (example, take in to acount:kill death ratio, number of kills/assists vs game length, average life duration) and not just get credits for completing the game.

I hope its being Ranked / Social playlist AND EXP System and ranks up to 50 like in halo3 why do they need to take all good stuffs away!

yeah exactly the h3 ranking system was the best the only people that dont want it back like that just cant get a 50 in h3 lol

I hope its being Ranked / Social playlist AND EXP System and ranks up to 50 like in halo3 why do they need to take all good stuffs away!

Yeah, a lot of people like to say that "there's not enough people to play ranked" but the only reason there's not enough people is because the way ranked was handled in Reach is much worse than Halo 3.

H3 was very supportive of the Ranked playlists and the numbers spoke for themselves.

As most others have said, I think they can keep cR for buying stuff but make your rank dependant on EXP/level.

As for leveling systems, I would agree with Baykem: harder than H3 but easier than H2. H2 was too hard to the point of encouraging cheating but H3 was too easy to the point of encouraging boosters.

Also, there should be a cap on how many games count towards your trueskill... maybe like the last 500. This way, we can avoid the case in which:

1. Player starts game and sucks, loses 500 or so games but once he improves, he now has to work 10x as hard to get to his proper level.

2. Booster accounts have a much lesser affect on the game, as you cannot have players with 5k games lost towards their truskill.

I hope that if they bring back the 1-50 ranking system they bring back the halo 2's system. that way you can go online and see how close you are to going either up or down the next level because along with a number such as 37, there will be an experience bar showing you your progress in that level. It makes it easier to know whether you are closer to going up a level or going down.

I want what Reach was trying to go for. A linear rank progression system for casual players alongside a 1-50 rank scale. But the 1-50 isn't directly tied to any particular playlist (Lone Wolf, Team Slayer, Team Snipers, ect) but just under the entire umbrella of a Competitive playlist where every game counts toward your rank. And it's shown alongside your linear rank. So your rank could look like Captain Grade 2 (35).

I like the idea but without multiple ranked playlists people like me would get their one 50 and get bored of the game without anything else to do lol also everyone varies is skill level from playlist to playlist so if they played all team slayer to get their 50 and they were bad at team snipers when they go to play snipers they match up with 50's in that and cant do anything

wellp, im hoping for the h3 / h2 1-50 system to come back, i want to be a little harder than h3 but not near as hard as h2

thats what made it adictive in Halo 2, because no one had a 50 and it was rare to see someone with aa 50 in Halo 2

people used to spend 24/7 trying to level up, but in Halo 3 I got a 50 in every playlist and it was way too easy.

• 3 weeks later...