Xbox 720 Small Insider

Adam91

Here is a little insider of the nex gen xbox read the article below for details.

Soucre:

CVG

Xbox World has used its penultimate issue to publish an 8-page feature containing "everything we know" about Microsoft's next-gen console plans.

The mag has good form when it comes to next-gen Xbox leaks, having revealed in January Microsoft's plans for

augmented reality, directional sound, and a four-player, finger-tracking Kinect, all of which were later confirmed in the now infamous leaked planning document in June.

Editor in chief Dan Dawkins told CVG: "Xbox World has been at the cutting edge of Durango coverage for over 12 months. Unless something really dramatic changes, everything we reveal in our penultimate issue will be revealed long before E3 in June."

According to the mag's final 'exposé', the next-gen Xbox - which it speculates is likely to be called simply "Xbox" - will introduce Kinect 2.0, use Blu-ray discs and feature directional audio, a TV output AND input, 'innovative controller' and - at a later stage of the console's life - AR glasses.

Current codename 'Durango' dev kits boast a CPU with "four hardware cores, each divided into four logical cores" and an impressive 8GB of RAM, XBW reports.

screenshot_293660_thumb_wide620.jpg

Xbox World has used the Microsoft leaks and industry sources to come up with a 3D mock-up of what it expects the next-gen Xbox to look like.

"We built ours with the same glossy face and patented VapourMG magnesium alloy Microsoft uses for its Surface tablet, and modelled the silver band after its new 'Wedge' touch keyboard and flexible Arc Touch mouse," it writes. "The future will be black, sharp and curved."

To read the full 8-page feature,

buy the latest issue of Xbox World online or on Apple Newsstand here (UK) or here (US).

PSM3 features an equally large feature on PlayStation 4 and you can buy that on iOS

here (UK) or here (US).

View full article

I've said it before and I'll say it again: 720 would be a cheesy name for it. Hopefully Microsoft will name it something else. Other than that, if the image is actually real, then it looks nice. I don't think it is real though, the disc slot on it looks way too small.

Guest ZayaThaVicious

1. the projected image looks pretty good. i personally like it.

2. xbox 720 is a pretty whack name. they should just keep it kosher and just name it "xbox". i mean we got the xbox original, xbox 360, and xbox 360 elite to be technical. so why not just "xbox" since it will most likely be the pinnacle of the competitive gaming world.

3. if all xbox games, original and 360, are playable then every gamer worth their metal is going to have one in his/her home.

nuff said :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again: 720 would be a cheesy name for it. Hopefully Microsoft will name it something else. Other than that, if the image is actually real, then it looks nice. I don't think it is real though, the disc slot on it looks way too small.

720 is just the name fans gave it because 360 x2 is 720, its kinda like just a placeholder name until the proper name is given. According to that article microsoft my just be calling it Xbox but i think it will have a name.