12 on 12? 16 on 16?

Destroyaaa

Is it possible?

I used to play SOCOM 3 and SOCOM Combined assault on PS2. I started late, as SOCOM 2 is, from the true fans of the game, the best one. There are elements from Combined Assault that I really enjoyed that 343i might want to consider. For all of the maps, you could either play the big or the small version of the map. The big version was 16 v 16 compatible and was the entire map, while the small version was 8 v 8 compatible and closed off the map into a smaller area. Now there were some enormous maps in this game, and you pretty much had to use vehicles if you wanted to get from one side of the map to another. You could also choose between 2 or 3 spawn areas on the big maps so you could get where you want to go faster. SOCOM did not have respawn and was a round by round game, so this system does not apply for halo, but elements of this can be used.

I have friends that play halo but they like other games better, but they always say that if halo was 16 v 16 it would be the best game ever. I tend to agree (although I think it already is the best game ever :thumbsup: ).

My dream halo scenario is Multi bomb on a giant map Elites vs Spartans. The elite base is a downed cruiser and the spartans base is a downed ship as well. The middle of the map is a desert with lots of hills,valleys, rocks, and a river. Each team would have multiples of every vehicle known to it, even pelicans, dropships, phantoms, as well as multiple teleporters in the ships to get you to places around the map. Also for Multi bomb there would be at least 2, possibly 3 points where you could arm the bomb, so that the you would have to defend multiple areas and not just camp 1 spot (SOCOM demolition had 2 points where the offense could plant the bomb).

Also maybe they keep loadouts and have one of the elite loadouts give you a jackel and 2 grunts as well as a spartan loadout with 2 marines?

Point im trying to make is that if they made Big team games with this magnitude, I probably would never put the controller down. Take Halo 3 Sandtrap and build off that (again this is all depending on if the game could handle it). Maybe not halo 4 but when halo 5 comes out on the new xbox, This is what I want to see.

Big team doesn't get the attention it deserves because when played right, I think it is the most fun playlist Halo has to offer. Remember the opening cutscene of "Tip of the Spear" in Reach? Imagine that in multiplayer; clashing vehicles with vehicles: Covenant vs Humans.

Also notice how I haven't mentioned MW3 Ground War. There is nothing different in Ground War than a regular playlist other than the fact that you play the bigger maps with more people. Lets NOT follow this example.

So something like an Invasion Objective playlist, then?

I think it's definitely possible, although it may not happen in Halo for the remainder of this console generation as Reach is pushing the very edge of what the 360 can do and that can be laggy enough with a straight 8v8. That said, I think the Battlefield series is probably more mechanically complex and that copes okay. This is definitely a question for TwinReaper, at any rate!

So something like an Invasion Objective playlist, then?

I think it's definitely possible, although it may not happen in Halo for the remainder of this console generation as Reach is pushing the very edge of what the 360 can do and that can be laggy enough with a straight 8v8. That said, I think the Battlefield series is probably more mechanically complex and that copes okay. This is definitely a question for TwinReaper, at any rate!

Exactly, thats why I think this may be more of a Halo 5 question, but I'm having wishful thinking