•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (15 February 2019 - 07:17 PM) 4. Screw EA
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (15 February 2019 - 07:17 PM) 3. I hate always online games
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (15 February 2019 - 07:16 PM) Bonus 2 reasons just for funsies
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (15 February 2019 - 07:16 PM) 2. The name is extremely dumb
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (15 February 2019 - 07:16 PM) 1. It's Battle Royale
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (15 February 2019 - 07:15 PM) 2 reasons why I won't play Apex Legends
@  Drizzy_Dan : (15 February 2019 - 04:42 PM) The characters are awesome!
@  Drizzy_Dan : (15 February 2019 - 04:42 PM) It's refreshing
@  DaveAtStateFarm : (15 February 2019 - 04:25 PM) Just downloaded Apex on the PlayStation. Im in love
@  Drizzy_Dan : (15 February 2019 - 02:43 PM) I'm very in and out of here during and only on during work. I play Halo 3 on MCC a lot more but I mainly play Fortnite and Apex
@  Drizzy_Dan : (15 February 2019 - 02:42 PM) Trust me I know how that feels
@  DaveAtStateFarm : (15 February 2019 - 02:13 PM) Sadly, I haven't been involved in the Halo community since Halo 4 came out. Time flies
@  DaveAtStateFarm : (15 February 2019 - 02:12 PM) I'm surprised man your connection is outstanding
@  Drizzy_Dan : (15 February 2019 - 02:01 PM) But there's good wifi here
@  Drizzy_Dan : (15 February 2019 - 02:01 PM) You were right though. I am living in a cave and I hunt for food but can only manage to catch rock salt and leaves in my traps
@  Drizzy_Dan : (15 February 2019 - 02:01 PM) And hilarious
@  Drizzy_Dan : (15 February 2019 - 02:01 PM) You were super young
@  DaveAtStateFarm : (15 February 2019 - 01:57 PM) I joined this forum when I was 11?!?
@  DaveAtStateFarm : (15 February 2019 - 01:56 PM) And Dan himself would be living in a cave, surviving off of rock salt and leaves
@  DaveAtStateFarm : (15 February 2019 - 01:56 PM) I'm honestly really surprised to see some of the seasoned regulars on here. I would have thought vitamin would have ran off with a lover, start a new life maybe

Photo

Copyright Complaint Question

Copyright

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ArielTorano

ArielTorano

Grunt

• New Members
  • 3 posts
Neutral
  • Gamertag:ArielTorano

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:22 AM

Good afternoon,

My name is Ariel Torano and I am currently creating adverts for my college project at Full Sail University for my degree in Media Communications. I have to generate an advert that represent certain media influence and triggers certain regions of the brain. I was granted permission to use any content I feel passionate about, so I immediately chose Halo 5. I want to create a story montage with 80% in game footage and around 20% campaign video footage to produce a commercial. This advert is for educational purposes only and will have absolutely no monetary gain or personal gain. I want to know if I have permission to use your Halo 5 contents for this purposes and this purpose only. My video in the description will have the Microsoft copyright complaint information and information reflecting that it is indeed a school project and is no way affiliated with Microsoft or 343. The reason I ask is because the copyright information distributed by Microsoft does allow me to use certain footage for personal consumption, but does not allow any form of commercial usage. I am not sure a commercial for educational purposes only falls into this bracket. I deeply respect both Microsoft and 343 and want to make sure that all my actions are copyright compliant.

Thank you for your time,

Ariel Torano

#2 Sikslik7

Sikslik7

The Sicilian

• Community Moderators
  • 2,126 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:sikslik7
  • LocationStorming The Castle
      7    2    2    2       2               

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:34 AM

If you want to get an official statement from 343i, try over at Halowaypoint, although you most likely won't get a response. 

Here is the most recent Game Content Usage Rules for Xbox: http://www.xbox.com/...evelopers/rulesIf you scroll down it has a general outline of what falls under commercial use. I think you would be fine if it is just for a university project.

33rd to reach 1000 posts (favorite number)

#3 ArielTorano

ArielTorano

Grunt

• New Members
  • 3 posts
Neutral
  • Gamertag:ArielTorano

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:40 AM

If you want to get an official statement from 343i, try over at Halowaypoint, although you most likely won't get a response. 

Here is the most recent Game Content Usage Rules for Xbox: http://www.xbox.com/...evelopers/rulesIf you scroll down it has a general outline of what falls under commercial use. I think you would be fine if it is just for a university project.

Thank you so much for your reply. I already read the copyright compliant information. Unfortunately, I fall into an odd grey area. I have contacted 3 Facebook profiles, 2 Twitter accounts, An email that doesn't work, 2 forums, and called Microsoft directly. You are the only person who has responded. Thank you again for all of your help I will try Halowaypoint next!  Have an awesome day!

#4 HARDCORE GAMES

HARDCORE GAMES

Grunt

• Members
  • 4 posts
Liked

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:11 PM

Get back here with your result so that others can discover what to do

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Copyright

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users