Why do have to compare and contrast?

AsquareM

I sorry if this is the wring head to post this but I've been thinking.

Why is it that people just HAVE to compare and contrast and divide amongst each other?

Guys, Bungie was good, really good in it's own place. It introduced Halo, it gave us our childhood and long hours of forgetless fun and a lot of memories to look past on when you're taking a ride down the nostalgia lane.

343i's unique and good in their own place. First off it consist of a lot of passionate Halo fans (who're programmers, designers, etc ofc) who were, when they did Halo 4, new to this. They tried something, failed. But, the way they handled this is really good. They experimented, faced a setback, accepted their mistake, listened to the community and then after the widely criticised MP of Halo 4 they gave us Halo 5's MP. Sure, it lacks the original Grifball, CTF, KOtH, etc, but still, it was and is, fun. Competitive, and Warzone.

Which is something, at his point, usually only trolls who havent played Halo at all and call it stupid cuz it runs of 480p30fps disagree with.

Still they're the kind of devs who're taking the risks the experiment and try to give out new content while still sticking to the core elements of Halo, which is what has made Halo live so long. New, yet the same old good stuff.

Today game devs are so afraid of trying something new with their popular franchises they're afraid they'd do a 343 (Yea that's a verb now, I made it). They're not making any changes, and I'm some cases giving us the same thing over and over again *cough*(Insert the obvious ans here) *cough*.

343i's actually expanding the Halo lore, giving Chief a little more character but not so much you can't feel as him while playing anymore, and Halo 4's campaign was great because of this.

However this time they screwed up the Campaign a little in the aim of nailing the perfect MP.

They basically did a Halo 2 with 5, also with the added bonus they're trying in vain to shift he focus of the series from MC and Blue Team to Fireteam Osiris.

Other than that, the campaign was quite interesting and beautiful. Short, maybe, yet great.

Well, still space for betterment, maybe like Halo 3, Halo 6 would be better and in both aspects, SP and MP.

My point is, instead of blaming 343i for killing, murdering, assassinating or shr3king Halo, accept Halo 5 as their Halo 2 and cut 'em some slack. It'll take them time getting used to it. Until then you'll have to, depending on you, spend or waste your $60.

Here's hoping for food.

Because that's what Humans do its almost something of a natural instinct to prefer something. But when someone tells you they dislike what you prefer or prefer something else Humans are quick to defend their decision.

Its natural for most Humans to do this and there is nothing wrong with it. :)

Plus we should not have to accept that they screwed up in some areas. 343 are not some steam greenlight developer just out of college oh no. Some of the people in 343 for example its creative director have been in the industry for over 10 years. All of them have experience with games and probably a lot of experience at that.

A lot of developers can make great games their first time around but I can accept a bit of screwing up the first time but the second time, not so much.......

What bothers me is that people usually refer to Bungie being the perfect dev and that they never did things wrong, which they did. Bungie was really lucky that Halo CE took off like it did. When they released Halo 2 they again were lucky that it was recieved well even with the unbalanced mess and glitches that all became 'features'. The same again happened with Halo 3 that (like Halo 2) still has unresolved issues 'till this day that no one seems to care about.

My point is, Bungie was really really lucky that their games still were this much fun to play. Their trilogy is good, don't get me wrong. But it far less perfect than people lead you to believe.