WE NEED RANKED PLAYLISTS

How hard would it be to rank the playlists?????????? Im so tired of playing against Goatsponge329234912  and his 3 guests. Tired of playing people who quit out when they are losing 5-1. tired of playing guys with a "stevie wonder BR". we can only play "for the love of the game" for so long. we need something to play for. the only way to play decent competition is hardcore or custom games. You are really working on another campaign mode, rather than ranking the playlists??????? WTF. If you tailor your game to fit all the noobs, you will eventually lose all the dedicated, elite MM players out there.

Hey, 343 made it that way so the servers would be more stable, and find matches faster. I know it may seem like a pain but there's nothing we can do about since we are just a community forum and not 343i themselves. Sometimes I'm the same way, I'll find the same exact match with the same people, not saying it's a bad thing, but I can see why you are upset about it. The only thing I could suggest is talking to someone on halowaypoint about it. Hope I helped a little.

"Stevie Wonder BR"

What even is that?

I agree at the fact that needing something to play for needs to be there, and not having ranked is hurting the games attention retention. I've only been able to play one game before for a loooong period of time without a ranking system, or "For the love of the game" and it wasn't Halo.

Edited by rrhuntington

By the by, I didn't say I wanted a hardcore ranking system like a Halo 3 one for example, I mean XP (Like reach had) or anything in general would suffice... Just something to play for.

Edited by rrhuntington

The non-existence of ranks/levels in the MCC is a huge problem. I do agree however that every playlist shouldn't have "hardcore" ranks that actually reflect skill and whatnot. That's what ranked playlists are for in Halo. Bungie originally had separate ranked and social playlists for a reason.

For non-ranked social playlists, the MCC should still have some kind of "level" or a military-style ranking system similar to Halo 3 with the rank symbol (captain, lieutenant, sergeant, etc.) instead of a numbered rank. The Halo 3 system with separate ranked and social playlists which had their own separate ranks and rank-styles, was my favorite rank system out of any Halo game.

I don't think every playlist should be hardcore ranked, but every playlist should have some kind of level/progress system. All the other Halos had something at least.

Not only do ranks and levels let you see a player's skill or progress, but they make it so the teams can be more even and balanced. With some kind of level system 343i could more evenly distribute the higher skilled and less skilled players to make the teams more even, more competitive, and thus more fun. At least that's how I see it.

Think about how many games you've played on the MCC where either the other team completely obliterated your team by a huge margin, or your team creamed them by a huge margin. Neither one of these scenarios are fun honestly, its pretty boring when my team is winning 35 to 12 (or the other way around) whether I'm at the giving or receiving end of the good team. I like playing close games which keep you on the edge of your seat. When one team is dominating, its just boring whether I'm winning or losing. Now think back to when you used to play Halo 2 or Halo 3 on Xbox and Xbox 360 (if you played them that is :P). The original games didn't have nearly as many of these one sided/one team dominating matches, and the most likely reason is because they had ranking systems to balance the teams. Without a rank or level system, Halo gets extremely one sided very easily, and that's what a lot of people are seeing in the MCC.

I really hope they add some form of ranking/level system for all playlists soon... Halo multiplayer is just not the same like this.

All the other Halos had something at least.

False. HCE/HPC lacked a ranking system entirely, and even in spite of all my lovely memories in Halo 3, Halo 1 still had an outstanding multilayer experience-- even without ranks.

Ranks just give the illusion of "skill," which I refuse to believe even exists. It's only an excuse to talk trash, but I've taken down 50's while only being in the 20's.

Halo doesn't need ranks, it needs love.

/srynotsry /hadto /kthxbai

False. HCE/HPC lacked a ranking system entirely, and even in spite of all my lovely memories in Halo 3, Halo 1 still had an outstanding multilayer experience-- even without ranks.

Ranks just give the illusion of "skill," which I refuse to believe even exists. It's only an excuse to talk trash, but I've taken down 50's while only being in the 20's.

Halo doesn't need ranks, it needs love.

/srynotsry /hadto /kthxbai

I miss all the trash talking idiots who took rank too seriously though. The pre and post game trash talking to the other team was one of my favorite things about Halo 2 and 3. For the most part, everyone knew it was all in good fun, but sometimes there would be that guy who takes it too seriously and rages hard (which was always hilarious) That, and I miss the proximity chat. When you got a kill you could hear the kid on the receiving end scream and freak out over the mic, only to get cut off as he respawns XD. Those were two of the most satisfying things about the original Halo 2 and 3 communities.

Now a days on the MCC its rare to find even one person who talks on the mic at all, and I have yet to play a single match where we trash talk eachother. If somehow that aspect of the community made a return, the MCC multiplayer would be so much more fun.

I just wish 343i would live up to their original promise of the multiplayer being "just how we remember it in the original games" on the MCC. Its a far cry from the original experience, but I think with a bit more work (maybe a few months), they might be able to live up to that promise. At least I hope so.