•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  Maestro : (20 November 2019 - 09:28 PM) yeah, but I think that shouldn't matter when you play with your buddies in campaign or screw around in custom games
@  RedStarRocket91 : (20 November 2019 - 05:03 PM) @Maestro I mean, Halo's aim assist is good, but like... it's just never going to be able to compete with a mouse for precision
@  343iBot : (19 November 2019 - 03:31 PM) Welcome to the forums, Lloydwem! :welcome: View Lloydwem's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 November 2019 - 02:05 PM) Welcome to the forums, Woodrowabsemo! :welcome: View Woodrowabsemo's Profile
@  Maestro : (19 November 2019 - 12:32 PM) I'm hoping at least the campaigns and custom games are cross-platform. I've heard PC players may have an advantage with matchmaking but I'm not 100% sure about it
@  RedStarRocket91 : (18 November 2019 - 03:30 AM) @UNSC Spartan-II No clue, but I hope so
@  343iBot : (17 November 2019 - 03:41 PM) Welcome to the forums, Skyanics! :welcome: View Skyanics's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 November 2019 - 01:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, OksanaDek! :welcome: View OksanaDek's Profile
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 08:13 AM) Site Poll 106 is up: http://www.343indust...iring/?p=394088
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:52 AM) They've done so with HW2, I'm sure they will with MCC as well.
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:51 AM) @RedStarRocket91 I'm on board, will cross-platform sessions be available?
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:50 AM) @Melody @Vitamin Pwn @Tommy @RedStarRocket91 Hey fam
@  343iBot : (16 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, Feliciabaw! :welcome: View Feliciabaw's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 November 2019 - 03:55 PM) Welcome to the forums, leighca16! :welcome: View leighca16's Profile
@  Vitamin Pwn : (16 November 2019 - 12:52 AM) im down to play some reach when it's out on pc
@  343iBot : (15 November 2019 - 11:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, Balkonmepgotuyj! :welcome: View Balkonmepgotuyj's Profile
@  Tommy : (15 November 2019 - 10:37 PM) I agree
@  RedStarRocket91 : (15 November 2019 - 05:24 PM) Scrape together everyone who's still here and just play the heck out of some customs
@  RedStarRocket91 : (15 November 2019 - 05:24 PM) You know, once Reach comes out fully on PC, we should have a big old community event on it
@  Vitamin Pwn : (15 November 2019 - 02:22 PM) :sofa:

Photo

Hackers find Microsoft Point exploit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 XeClutch

XeClutch

Jackal

• Members
  • 12 posts
Liked
  • LocationMiami FL

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

Recently a few people in the modding scene that I know found a exploit in the 'Guide.MP.Purchase.xex' and 'xam.xex' that allows users with hacked consoles to edit a few offsets in memory and POOF, you now have $1337.00 in MSP spoofed to your account. Luckily this has been kept private for a few dashboards but the admin (Domo) of Xbox Live Hammer recently added this to his online server. Now anyone running the XBLHammer online files and that purchases online time from him will have spoofed Microsoft Points.

Luckily this exploit is only available to people with hacked consoles (JTAG, RGH-1, RGH-2, R-JTAG) but this has been a problem for Microsoft.

Microsoft is now aware of the issue and will more than likely be issuing a system update in the near future resolving this exploit.

What are your guys' thoughts?

apadle.jpg

ra26b7.jpg

"She said that to me once. About being a machine."

Petty Officer John 117

#2 Fishy

Fishy

HTA Co-Founder

• Legendary Members
  • 2,416 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:Seraph Fishy
         7                7       2            

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

"A deer's gotta do what a deer's gotta do."

#3 Coldfreeze

Coldfreeze

Winter Incarnate

• Dedicated Members
  • 557 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Coldfreeze Zero
  • LocationEarth
5    3            

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:43 AM

The people who use this exploit, should be banned immediately, in my opinion all people with hacked consoles should be. I admit I pirate some stuff as well, but never commited fraud. isn't this a criminal offence, I mean this looks a lot like stealing.

"Spartans never die." - Catherine Halsey

gallery_79083_744_30956.png

Second Dutchman to reach dedicated.

#4 XeClutch

XeClutch

Jackal

• Members
  • 12 posts
Liked
  • LocationMiami FL

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

The people who use this exploit, should be banned immediately, in my opinion all people with hacked consoles should be. I admit I pirate some stuff as well, but never commited fraud. isn't this a criminal offence, I mean this looks a lot like stealing.

This can be considered counterfeit which could literally have the secret service at your door. This exploit is very illegal and what makes it worse is the guy Domo is selling it with his online service.

I wouldn't say all people using hacked consoles should be banned, I use them and I find them easier to get around, I like customizability so for my consoles I only use offline they all run Freestyle Dash. If you don't know what this is I suggest you look it up, it's really cool.

ra26b7.jpg

Petty Officer John 117

#5 Mr Biggles

Mr Biggles

The King

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,606 posts
Heroic
  • LocationUnderneath your rock.
4    3                                             

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

They should be banned.

Getting stuff for free when they shouldn't?

No thanks.

First British MoM.
1st Member to have 4000+ Posts

Retired Halo gamer. No longer have a console.

Want to find out how to improve at Halo Reach and 4? Look no further! http://343i.org/2io

Play PC games, HMU if interested in playing.
Will occasionally check the website.

#6 Melody

Melody

Celery Stick Crusade Champion

• Dedicated Members
  • 708 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:iCuddleU
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

If I were a Xbox Live Moderator, I would console ban, and permanently account ban them. That's basically fraud, plus the added modified console to it. I wouldn't be surprised if they also got an IP ban. But then again this also proves Microsoft needs to "up" their security on their consoles. 

NiftyDecentAstrangiacoral.gif

#7 Fishy

Fishy

HTA Co-Founder

• Legendary Members
  • 2,416 posts
Legendary

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

If I were a Xbox Live Moderator, I would console ban, and permanently account ban them. That's basically fraud, plus the added modified console to it. I wouldn't be surprised if they also got an IP ban. But then again this also proves Microsoft needs to "up" their security on their consoles. 

Wouldn't you rather do a Law Suit? That seems more discipline than not letting them play on that specific console. And you can always change your IP.

#8 Melody

Melody

Celery Stick Crusade Champion

• Dedicated Members
  • 708 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:iCuddleU
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

Wouldn't you rather do a Law Suit? That seems more discipline than not letting them play on that specific console. And you can always change your IP.

Law suit? I was just talking about if I was just working for MS, If I was head of it then yes. A law suit would be appropriate. 

NiftyDecentAstrangiacoral.gif

#9 Fishy

Fishy

HTA Co-Founder

• Legendary Members
  • 2,416 posts
Legendary

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

Law suit? I was just talking about if I was just working for MS, If I was head of it then yes. A law suit would be appropriate. 

You don't have to be head of Microsoft to issue a law suit. I'm sure if you were to contact your supervisor (Which is your boss, but not head boss) you could probably work it out with him/her and provide the details. Then the supervisor would go from there. That's basically your job to inform the supervisor about it.

#10 XeClutch

XeClutch

Jackal

• Members
  • 12 posts
Liked
  • LocationMiami FL

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:55 PM

A lawsuit would just bring bad publicity to Microsoft, this exploit has not become very public and something like a lawsuit would most definitely hit the streets and it would happen fast.

ra26b7.jpg

Petty Officer John 117

#11 TheThirdModder

TheThirdModder

Grunt

• New Members
  • 1 posts
Neutral
  • Gamertag:TheThirdModder

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:16 PM

Right when a Modder gets banned all they have to do is replace his/her KV and they are unbanned.

Same goes with PS3

Same For IP/MAC address ban they can mask their ip or spoof their mac address.

This exploit is now fully private and is not released.

#12 Purple

Purple

Brute

• Members
  • 52 posts
Liked
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

Right when a Modder gets banned all they have to do is replace his/her KV and they are unbanned.

Same goes with PS3

Same For IP/MAC address ban they can mask their ip or spoof their mac address.

This exploit is now fully private and is not released.

So never ending free games for them? That's good to hear. :hope:

7KnDLwZ.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users