Type of presentation you want for Halo 5?

Shun 'Kanamee

What type of presentation do you want?

General: I would like the Halo 3 style graphics with the weapon animation fluidity of Halo 1's. It will also have the depth of Halo 4. And be as bloody as Halo Reach. Vehicles look like they are made of matte, worn metal. The sky will have a consistent cloud pattern.

Landscapes: The valleys, mountains, swamps, fields, and deserts will have subtle yet realistic effects such as mist, wind blows on grass, rain will causes mud, animals hunting other animals. Elaborate systems, ancient structures like those of Installation 05's will be in this too. I would want landscapes like 

prokudin006-13.jpg

Maya-Beach.jpg

Mystical-Yellowstone.jpg

mount_bromo.jpg

steampunk_city_by_3dsamm-d5ri8kb.jpg

Destruction: I also want beautiful destruction. Destroying something that is even small like a ghost will look like a sputnik explosion, except not blown so far. When a scarab is destroyed it will look like a 1000 foot, blue, nuclear explosion. Fire will result from explosions and destroy trees. The human destruction will also make sense. Use physics and logic. While Covenant explosions will defy reality and shock you to the core with shaky, violent, and fiery explosions that tear away at the world.

Music: I want Unyielding as the halo theme with the beginning queue from Halo 3. The general music will be dramatic, mysterious, subtle, and beautiful. Music will be like these (I am not suggesting songs, just this style of music). 

That is what I want. What type do you want? 

• Like 5

The animations of Halo 4 were the most amazing/fluid of the series. Of course whether they are the best is an opinion but from a technical standpoint they were very well done. Same with the models in Halo 4 I want that quality of art assets that 343i did so well to return even better.

I really love the environmental examples you used. I would love to see the type of variety we saw from Halo 2/3 with some more dark ubran environments like in ODST.

I am also a big fan or more diverse Forerunner environments maybe even Forerunner cities?

Great music examples, listening to the Oblivion soundtrack makes me want to play the game again. Although I loved the Halo 4 OST. To Galaxy and 117 are great examples. 

• Like 1

The city is going to be Tokyo :P It will be attacked on the covenant and will display the return of the Spirit (just for a couple levels, but still, fanservice) . It will have a part similar to the Outskirts Courtyard. You will go through the Tokyo Bay Tunnel which I intend to be memory lane for Outskirts and Tsavo Highway.

My intention is that H6 revolves on The Greater Ark while H5 revolves on Installation 3/6/7. I also want to see the community's ideas since us fans usually do better for gameplay than creators

I also want to see the community's ideas since us fans usually do better for gameplay than creators

That is so wrong.

Almost nobody here is a game developer and has 0 idea how difficult game development is. Some fans sometimes suggest amazing ideas but those are very rare. One good example of this was the idea for "plauge" orignally created by Insamiac(A Halo youtuber) it later became the most diverse and amazing Flood mod(created by a modder inspired by Insamiac's video)

While the Halo community always makes good ideas a lot of them are not original/have tons of flaws. I've seen ideas that say Halo should have 64 player battles. Now it is obvious those fans have 0 idea how the balance of Halo works or what an Arena shooter is. The idea is "good" but it does not belong in Halo. 

Also 0 fans came up with the promeatheans. 0 fans came up with the idea for Forge. 0 fans came up with the idea for Moas. 

I could go on for days but you get the point. Designing a game is extremely difficult and just because an idea sounds good on paper doesn't mean it is good. 

I am meaning as in even though most of us suck at programming. We have ideas that usually keep halo's heart and core. Fans care less about the greed and just the game.

So do game designers.

When a game designer makes a bad game in the long run they LOOSE fans and MONEY. Not to mention most fans care about their individual interest while game designers care about the interests of the majority of fans. While 343i and Bungie have made some stupid decisions Halo wouldn't have been Halo without it. 

General: Its about time we visited another Halo ring. Most of the ring should be new, but it would be nice to see some familar things that the rings from the first three games had. This should be the setting of most if not all of the game.

Graphics: IMO Halo 3 did the graphics right. Of course Reach's and 4's were of higher quality, but Reach's graphics were way too gritty for a futuristic shooter, while Halo 4's were too bright, and everything forerunner seemed to be coated in chrome despite being untouched for thousands of years. Halo 3 has the perfect balance of gritty and brightness in these regards.

Weapons: Most of Halo 4's weapons were done fairly well, although minor tweaks could probably be made with all of them. Bring back the grenade launcher and plasma launcher from Reach, as well as the sentinel beam and brute arsenal from Halo's 2-3 (dont forget the plasma rifle!)

Vehicles: Covenant vehicles should retain their hexagonal patterns, smooth texture, and colorful sheen. Depending on which branch is seen the most throughout the game, I would expect the UNSC to keep their Marine olive colored vehicles or Army green colored vehicles across the board. Marine olive would be my personal preference if I could choose.

Landscapes: No preference, just stay away from too much human themed stuff. It was cool wandering the city in Halo 2 and ODST, and the outskirts in Halo 3. Even Reach had some nice human themes, but at that point, I was glad Halo 4 started steering the games back towards forerunner themed locations again. All we really need now is more covenant themed stuff, since Halo 4 seemed to lack that.

Music: The first piece of music I want to hear when I enter the main menu is the main Halo theme. I dont want it tucked away in one single cutscene of a game only to be played for 5 seconds. The original trilogy did wonderfully with music, because each game after the last built on the music of the previous games. Halo 3's music is literally 75% of Halo CE and 2's music remastered. Most of this music was understandably lost with ODST and Reach since they were spinoff titles, but there is no excuse for not having at least 25% of Halo 4's music to come from the original trilogy. Other than the 5 second Halo theme, we only had one other remastered song that wasnt even played until the credits.

I liked reach's graphic elements that seemed more "rag tag" and scrappy because it really emphasizes humanity's technological gap from the covenant. It made the game seem realistic in my opinion. But considering that humans have evolved a great deal since chief was in cryo sleep, I think we will continue to see more futuristic, majestic themes.

For landscapes, I think we've experienced enough forerunner architecture so far in the series. And most fans probably won't want to relive the "Cortana" mission from halo 3 in bowels of flood territory. I despise that mission..... But anyways, I think more urban environments are the way to go. The places in ODST were unique, as well as the mission "Exodus" from reach. I also really liked the first mission of halo 4 out in space trying to gain control of the UNSC ship. The tight corridors and enclosed environment adds a lot of suspense. But just to keep things spaced out, I think a cool sandbox type battlefield would be Egypt (no pun intended ;)). Using vehicles to fight off enemies in a large, open space full of ancient Egyptian ruins sounds like a classic halo experience

Varying weather conditions and time of day would also add a unique twist to the franchise

I would like the spartan models to be done in the same style as Reach.

They looked like soldiers and had a very military feel.

Halo 4's were far too bright and sometimes just looked outlandish.

This, but the elites must be like the 2 models. The 3 models looked way too saurian and reach ones, while having cool armor, just had weird looking bodies. All of halo 4 was to bright, it is so plastic it makes halo 2 look like gears of war!

I would like the spartan models to be done in the same style as Reach.

They looked like soldiers and had a very military feel.

Halo 4's were far too bright and sometimes just looked outlandish.

I can't agree more. And the armor attachments had much more personality than the skins in halo 4

I have some photos I found; credit to the painters, photographers, or creators of these utopias!

world-china-chinese-beautiful-landscapes

942fa71de716b9ba49ed97f921b4daeb.jpg

30f9edf0b480133dc30304.jpg

5-beautiful-landscape-wallpapers-by-juliworld%20beautiful%20landscape.jpg

5-beautiful-landscape-wallpapers-by-juliI have shown beautiful stuff, I want it, yes. But this, THIS is what I want

Here is an example of the shocking terror of my dream level FROM HELL

The_slender_man_by_lolhoracio12d49yepy.jNote I am talking about the woods, not slendy. Sorry but you only scare me ingame.

[bold]wasteland[/bold]

The pelican-pilot drops you off quickly and nervously, it zooms off as if it saw Godzilla. The desert you land in is like area 51 if slender man made it. It has a VERY quiet static noise, a slight breeze blowing the sand, greyish-tan sky, crows cawing, and the ghostly whispers heard by only Whales or Elephants. It is just desert until you get to the woods. Oh my god is the woods cruel, straight from the Slender game; except worse! the trees are old and burnt, the whispers are a teeny bit louder, the static makes voices, seen the picture of soldiers fighting in Belleau wood belleau-wood.jpg

well it is that, and later you hear a screech, the flood. Only no infection or carrier forms, they are 2 Juggernauts, tons of pure forms, and massive amounts of combat forms. The screeches echo louder though. The sound and feeling is cruel, it has to be so creepy it gives you Queen Alexandra Birdwings in your stomach.