Facebook and you! A how to guide for privacy settings

Coldfreeze

Hello there everyone, it is me again. After being mentioned as a hot topic in the weekly wrap up, I felt really flattered.

This post is a follow up post on my last one, but this one focuses on Facebook.

Facebook has a lot of security options, most of them are as easy as selecting allow or don’t allow, but some require more thought put into it and some of them are downright sneaky.

First of all the; fast menu, 

Which can be found under this very small button here, in the top right of your Facebook page.

knoppie

This menu allows you to change your settings on the fly, even though this may not be as elaborate as the advanced menu, but it may just be enough for some of you.

Fast settings menu

Ah the advanced menu, accessible by clicking on “See More Settings” as seen in the image above.

The advanced menu has two options for security that matter the most: Security and Privacy

As seen below.

More settings

First up: Security

security advaned settings

Security has the easiest settings on Facebook, most of these speak for themselves, just selecting edit and then select which option you prefer.

Next up:  Privacy

privacy advanced settings

The main option here is “Who can see my stuff?” (Facebook uses such "professional" terms!)

As you can see, it shows the “what is on your mind?“ box. Here you can select what your preferred method for posting is. It does not remove older posts from unfriendly eyes so keep that in mind.

The two options on the bottom are very important and are two of the sneaky options I mentioned before.

Who can contact me:  Here you can select people who can contact you. Select either friends from friends or everyone.

Who can look me up:  This here is very important.  This gives you the option to change how people can find you and even if people can find you using Google or any other search engine like Bing or Yahoo (why someone would use those is beyond my grasp.)

Like I said before, PM me if you have any more questions about security.

I made this follow up for уαηg χιασ ℓσηg, since he asked for a more detailed explanation of Facebook security.

Au revoir!

Coldfreeze

• Like 4