Castblock [v1.0]

Is not JL

Thanks to GSD for helping out test this map. Maybe someday we could do it again. With maybe more people.

Like in a playdate or somthing.

o.o

REPOSTED FROM HC:

Castblock is a map I made when procrastinating on revision. Due to timezones and laziness (probably 95% due to the former and 5% due to the latter) I haven't been able to test this map yet, so it's safe to say it's crap. Still, posting it probably would get it a better chance of being tested.

Castblock is a small, symmetrical map that is made for at most 5v5. Almost certainly 5v5 wouldn't work, but because I have no idea WHAT works I simply put 5 spawns on each side and say its a 5v5. 

(Spawns probably suck too)

CodGhostsScreenShot212141038pm_zpsd930a7
Heree is a picture of pretty much the entire map, from a corner of it. 

CodGhostsScreenShot212141039pm2_zpsbb63e
Picture of a base, with some of the center in view. The set of columns horizontal? You can walk on that to gain height advantage but it slows your walking. You get their with lifts from the sides; Rockets spawn there.

CodGhostsScreenShot212141039pm_zps330c58
A picture of the sides, as well as the middle of the map. The two one way shields allow you to jump up to the third level, while in the middle of the second level is a power weapon spawn. One side has Sticky Det, the other has Railgun.

CodGhostsScreenShot212141039pm1_zps5dacc
There's a trench that goes down the middle, along with 3 bridges going over it. You can easily jump down and up again, and you don't have to crouch under the bridges to move. 

CodGhostsScreenShot212141038pm1_zpsf6196
Heres a straight on view of the base. Two ramps allow you to go forwards, one ramp to the left and right allow you to take alternate ways out, and a mancannon is on each side to let you get on top of the disc thingy, where a sniper spawns. 

This map is wholly untested, is probably too big for max players, and probably is messed up with spawns and needs a lot of fixing. If anybody could playtest it, and/or yell at me/give constructive criticism about it, that'd be great.

Thanks!

Edited by Twam
  • Like 2