A Variant with multiple Halo characters

CrimsonVolver

What do you think about a game variant in multiplayer where you could choose to be any one of several Halo characters (Brutes, Elites, Spartans, Flood, Promethean Knights or Hunters)? I am not sure what I think about it at this point, but I wanted to put it out there and see what other folks in the community think about this. I would not want every variant to have this, just a specific game variant. You would be able to customize each of the characters similar to the way we customize the Spartan armor, loadouts, specialties, etc.

What do you think?

• Like 1

I just meant a game variant on multiplayer, not a campaign for each. Just had the thought and thought I'd share. I think if Elites are brought back in to multiplayer it would be nice to have more customization. As for the rest, I don't think it would play out well having so many of the primary players in one multiplayer game--would dillute it. Still, it would be kind of fun to play as a Brute, or a Promethean Knight. CV

Well, that would take away much of the balance in the multiplayer system. Some enemies present much larger and slower moving targets. some have shielding systems in their armor, others don't. Everything would be completely unbalanced, and new animations would have to be created for every new species. I like the creativity, but its impossible

Well, that would take away much of the balance in the multiplayer system. Some enemies present much larger and slower moving targets. some have shielding systems in their armor, others don't. Everything would be completely unbalanced, and new animations would have to be created for every new species. I like the creativity, but its impossible

Yeah, I agree. It was just a thought, however improbable, but I just thought it would ignite a brief discussion. When I propose these thoughts it is not that I think they would ever come to be, I just want to explore the thought with other players. I don't pretend to think that this would ever happen, but as most of us know sometimes what starts out to be a rediculous idea can work its way out to be something interesting.

• Like 1

I can respect the fact that you're looking to start a good discussion. Honestly, I can only imagine what it would be like playing as a hunter or something. I would have to make sure that nothing every gets behind me, but I would have a fuel rod canon built into my arm

I actually think it would be interesting to have a game centered around the Hunter species. I am very interested in what other forms the worms take. I see people wanting Halo 5 to take place at the Elite home world, but I am actually much more interested in the Hunters. Think about it: The worms combine to form the Hunter, but what other forms/species/variations can there be? The possibilities are probably seemingly limitless. I just think as a separate trillogy it would be interesting. On that note, I feel like the Hunter as a species actually opens up opportunities for new Covenant enemies, or allies to the UNSC. Just had this thought, but a slimmer more Spartan/Elite type Hunter form could be introduced in one of the new Halo sagas, perhaps Halo 6? But they could introduce this new friend/foe in the new trillogy, and then make a break-off trillogy with this new character.

Just a thought, again.

Oh well, I have time to think as my 360 is fried and the slim in in the mail, likely to arrive some time next week.

CV

• Like 1

i like the ideas. they are pretty cool. maybe not brutes or hunters but knights would be far out. and if this did get implemented i do think they could implement it correctly. i think there should be a certain game type for knights and knights only. i'd love to customize promethian knights.  i do like the hunter idea though 

i like the ideas. they are pretty cool. maybe not brutes or hunters but knights would be far out. and if this did get implemented i do think they could implement it correctly. i think there should be a certain game type for knights and knights only. i'd love to customize promethian knights.  i do like the hunter idea though 

That's funny, heh. You know you are on the forums too much when a message pops up saying "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day."

Anyhow, yeah I think Knigthts have more to offer than Brutes, but I think the Hunter species has more to offer than both, when you consider the possibilities for expanding on what little we know about them, other than they are a collection of parasitic like worms that form a collective consciousness. I just think there is great potential for the Hunter or some variation, esp as a new foe or friend.

CV