Halo 4 Forum Role-Play

Surveillance

"Unknown, Admiral. There are life signs at Murphy's position, but it could just be covenant doing an alive-or-dead check. We lost a satellite monitoring the area. Until Murphy reports, we're in the dark." Anton answered.

A worried looking engineer ran onto the bridge and saluted. "Admiral and Anton! A Covenant Super Carrier exited out of slip-space and is approaching us 3 klicks to the west! What should we do?"

Anton glanced at Delreuse and shot him a 'Question Mark' expression.

• Like 1

"That was a hell of a light show (cough) Infinity, what's the status on the marine squad and the other spartans, over?"

"Infinity, do you hear me?"

"Must be something from the nuke."

He laid back on a rock and just listened for a while, catching his breath. It was silent. No distant gunfire, no rumbling of engines, no dying screams.

Just silence.

He sat up alarmed as soon as he thought that. That nuke should have attracted every thing within a least a 100Km radius. But there was nothing.

It was bright out now, but it was not natural light. He dismissed it as the nuke.

He could see for a good bit ahead of him, nothing note worthy in sight.

Yet he drew his weapon and loaded a fresh drum into it.

"You split-lipped freak, you want some of me?!"

Kjal had observed the Nuclear explosion from the cliff. he had seen it wipe out the army in the 5 kilometer radius from the explosion. a phantom then came to him merely seconds after his request. HE motioned to the pilot.

"takeus to the crater, I must check the status of the area."

"but sir, you will succumb to the radiation quickly, that place is death!"

"then drop me off and go."

The flight seemed to last hours. when he finally touched down, the ship was taking off before he was even out. Now, he knew spartans had been fighting here. he would take their identification tags as trophies. he saw a an arm move, a body lifting itself up. He activated camoflage. it deactivated almost immediately after. Must be the EMP effect. He pulled out his sword, and walked toward the man.

ONI SECTION lll CODENAME: Avictus, Location: Unknown

Avictus was now full of rage, "who in the hell nuked us!" His com crackled. No response

It had been a while since Avictus recived a message from Infinity. The last message from the AI mentioned some sort of tank. Before he could reply he was ambushed by Storm Covenant. He lost two men during the fighting, when the storm retreated he thought he had won but then zombie freaks started to rain down on his position. He thought it was over but a nuke, most likely a Shiva sent them packing.

Avictus cursed, "Get on the horn with comm-" Static filled his com, A tall dark figure moved toward him. He activited his open channel. "Hey sunshine i dont suppose your here to take me home". He reached for his BR85HB Service Rifle

Delreuse motioned to Anton.

"get a falcon and some pelicans down there, search the area for other survivors" he began to walk into his office. "and Anton... Patch me in to Osman at ONI section III, I need some advice."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kjal charged the spartan. his shielding easily deflected the stray bullets before he knocked the spartan to the ground again. he swiped with the sword but missed by centimetres. the spartan then charged him and manage to wrestle the sword out of his hand and knocking him to the floor...

"Time to die freak!"

He let out a hail of bullets towards the elite, who was advancing towards him, sword drawn.

His shields were damaged by the volley, but not downed. Murphy, quickly adapted and drew his combat knife.

It was only his second time in unarmed combat with an elite, but he was eager nonetheless.

They battled furiously for several minutes, each predicting the others blows and countering attacks.

The battle would have gone on for hours, had a falcon not showed up on scene. The distant sound of the engine distracted Murphy long enough.

He felt the intense heat of the blade inside his ribs. The adrenaline masked the pain. The wound had only infuriated him.

With a last mustering of his strength, he head butted and tackled the elite to the ground. He couldn't sustain it however, his body had enough for one mission.

In that last attack, he tore of a piece of the elites armour and still grasped it. The beast only retreated due to the MG fire of the falcon.

Murphy limped on board and ordered the pilot to take him to the Infinity. He still grasped the armour piece.

"Huh, I'll save him for later."

He would never admit it to anyone, but he respected someone who lasted so long against him.

He sat back and remained silent for the long journey back to the Infinity.

"Delreuse,,, I understand you have a report on the Artefact?" Osman asked in a tone that sounded stressed.

"Not quite... Ma'am, we believe we are encountering a new class of prometheans. the images and video footage are attached in the message as well as informationon some kind of Armoured Vehicle the Eggheads are calling a Titan. Again, files attached. We thought your scientists may be able to shed some more light than ours. We do know that Archers have no effect on its armour." He hesitated. "We had to use a Shiva- class nuclear Missile. the area is heavily irradiated,we have sustained heavy Marine casualties. a few ~Spartans, one survivor picked up. would you like him patched in for a debriefing after recieving medical attention?" he continued.

"Interesting," Osman said, looking at the pictures. "Which Spartan is it? I would very much like to talk to him."

"Of course. Anton send Murphy a message to report to the bridge ASAP. Then, leave us I have private matters to discuss"

The figure stepped out of the shadows. Avictus lowered his Rifle. He was looking at a badly wounded marine. "UNSC Infinity this is Avictus, We have wounded and need evac" Avictus looked up to see a Pelican and falcon in the distance. They kept going

Avictus applied first aid to the wounded man. "You will hold for now". Avictus took inventory of his supplies, they wouldnt last long. Fires raged all around him. Broken bodies of friends and marines. Some died at the hands of the flood, others by the impact of the nuke.

He tried the Infinity again. No response. "Looks like we need the find away out of the blast area" Avictus said as he scanned the skyline.

Kjal coughed. He tasted blood. He was angry, How could he have let it get away like that? he was seconds off the final blow! then that transport and nearly killed him! He punched the remains of a Wraith mortar tank, causing a large dent in it's armour plating. He tried his Comlink. No signal. He would have to walk out of the EMP field quickly, radiation was still a threat. Then, he heard something. An organic sound, something was moving out there. He drew the Plasma Rifle he had scavenged off one of his fallen Brethren. Then, a football sized object jumped at him. it was pulverized before it hit the floor. hat was when he saw silhouettes moving in the smoke.

No. No, Not now!

He saw corpses getting up, bodies of all species moving and crawling towards him. he backed away into the arms of a flood combat form. for a few seconds, he looked closely at the writhing flesh, the mass of tentacles and boils before grabbing the Infection form out of it and shooting it. He began to run away. He saw lights, and heard the low rumble of engines in the distance. could it be transport? he began to run towards it, occasionally firing a few plasma blasts back into the darkness. He tripped over a dead body. he saw the advancing mass and knew he was dead until a burst of fire from one of the humans crude projectile weapons hit a combat form. he looked up. a squad of their 'Marines' and a dropship were behind him firing upon the Flood. He began to stand up until he heard one shout "It's moving!". he looked around just in time to see the butt ofa rifle. 'DMR' hit him. then he blacked out.

It wasn't long before Avictus and his men were swarmed by flood. The wounded marine was overcome by infection forms. Avictus and his men fell back. They ran as fast as they could to an open field. A pelican descended into the field. Avictus opened his com channel "Your a sight for sore eyes" As the pelicans troop bay opened Avictus turned to cover his men. He squeezed the trigger only to find his weapon was out of ammo. "I need a back up" One of his men tossed him a DMR.

Thats when an elite tripped over a body. He fired once and dropped a combat form ready to have squid soup. The Elite tried to stand up. Avictus was stunned by the appearance of this tall figure, He ejected his last clip. "Its Moving!" he yelled as he panicked. There was only one option, he drove the butt of his rifle into the Elites skull. The Elites arms and legs went limp. "Secure this hinge head" As his men dragged the elite on board the dropship Avictus got on the com. "Get us back to the Infinity"

The dropship raced towards the Infinity, Avictus and his men took turns kicking the unconscious elite.

"Deathstirke" Murphy, Infinity medical bay, S-deck.

"Yo Murphy, get your lazy *** out of bed. Admiral wants to see you now!"

"Yeah, give me a minute."

Murphy, had yet to receive the full treatment for his wounds, but the doctor knew that any protest would be futile.

He kept thinking about what happened on the surface, but his thoughts always returned to the other survivors.

It would be the first thing that he brought up in this meeting.

Then he stood straight, alarmed.

"Why me?" he thought to himself.

"Why would the admiral want to see me? There were other marines, other Spartans who would be able to give a better report."

He had kept the armour piece and looked at it. There were alien symbols on it, but he just thought it was a serial code or a name.

A name. If you could see it, you would see he smiled at the thought of giving a name to his foe. There's a lot to do with a name.

The thoughts were interrupted by the door opening.

"Admiral."

Delreuse stopped, mid-conversation.

"Ah, Murphy. good to see you. How are your wounds? I heard you got it rough down there and i'm sorry to stop your treament but his is urgent. Admiral Osman of ONI Section III is on the line. She would like to debrief you, this crisis has put us onto full combat emergency." He stopped and looked at Murphy. "If you have any questions, now is the time."

"Well.. We had to destroy the Promethean tank. Archers didnt dent it, we had to nuke it. You... you are one of the only survivors who managed to see it up close. your helmet feed is being looked at as we speak but we need first hand experience." Delreuse looked... sad. "Theyre all dead. the entire platoon. Gone."

ONI SECTION lll CODENAME: Avictus, UNSC Infinity

The pelican touched down. Four MPs met them at the landing bay. They put the Elite into restraints and hauled it off to who knows where.

His com came to life. "Your needed on the bridge"

Avictus sighed "I was hoping for some down time"

Sgt. Tyler MacMillan. 3rd ODST's "Dead Drop Brigade" --- Pelican 3-2 "Freebird 2" Requiem Orbit

Sgt. MacMillan pulled the Cigar from his dufflebag. His first deployment, And the way the reports looked, his last. Non-Spartan forces were being decimated on Requiem. His hands shook as he lit the cheap cigar, a habit he had formed talking to the commanders back at the Academy in Ireland back on earth. The others in the pelican eyed him closely. They were thinking the same he was; What the F--- am I doing here? Surely there are more combat hardened ODST's to send to Requiem? No. There wasn't, not anymore. they had already been killed there or had been promoted to Non-Combat roles. He turned to look out the view port, There it is, the UNSC Infinity.

The Lead pilot's voice crackled over the radio;

"UNSC Infinity Control, This is Freebird Squadron. Requesting Docking Clearance. Over."

"You are cleared to dock in Hanger 3 Freebird, Welcome to Requiem. Over."

"Just dropping off the Kids Control. Would be lying if I said I wish I could stay Over."

"Copy that Freebird. Control Out."

Oh yeah, Ty thought, It's real funny when you're losing troops like it was the new fad. How long would it take before his name was just another KIA report? Who would remember him? Ty was so lost in his thoughts he Jumped at the hiss of the ramp dropping. His soon-to-be Brothers in arms looked at him sternly. He was just a rookie to them, the First In First Out, and who was he to complain? He was just an Acting Sgt. He had only reached this rank in the Academy. His squad mates had fought before. they had bled before. He was nothing in their eyes.

As Ty descended the ramp into the Hanger a few of the crew members stopped to see the new arrivals. At least that's what he thought until he saw what they were looking at; Coffins. 10 of them, being loaded into Freebird 1 for transport back home for burial.

"Oh F--- no..." Ty said with out realizing. He felt a sharp elbow to his ribs. It was his CO, Lt. Cortez.

"Show some respect kid." He said in a gruff tone.

"Y-yes sir! sorry sir!"

"look kid, I know you're nervous, But you're not gonna get a free ride, as far as I'm concerned you're a Private. you need to earn those chevrons."

"Yes."

"Yes?"

"Yes sir!"

"good. now put that damn cigar out and stow your gear. we got a briefing at 0600 tomorrow."

"Sir Yes Sir."

Ty jogged off to the Barracks. Great, first day, get chewed out and treated like a child in front of his whole squad. maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he was killed tomorrow... He shook that thought out of his head. Best to just keep his head down. Things would get better right?

The Intercom crackled on. "Medbay! Standby, incoming Casualties!"

Wrong.

((Banehalo, I actually decided you weren't accepted. EVERYONE ignore Banehalo's post! Sorry bane))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anton

03:07

Infinity Bridge - Admiral Delreuse's Office

Anton appeared on the holographic table in Delreuse's office. "Sorry I'm late, some new spartans yanked my chip out of the system and... played catch with me. No down-time for us, I'm afraid. Remember that Covenant Super Carrier the engineer told us about? It is now half a klick away.

• Like 1

"All crew turn the Infinity to the west. Charge the MAC capacitors. A Covenant Super Carrier is approaching us. Wait until it fires." Anton said over the comm.

The crew worked hard at weapons bay priming everything. "Everything is primed Anton!" The Lead Engineer told him. "Good." He replied.

BOOM!!!! An EMP cannon knocked out the Infinity's shields and another one hit the hull. "FIRE!!" Anton yelled. The MAC guns launched a projectile into space, speeding at the Super Carrier. They made contact and it had the same effect on the Infinity: one for the shields and one for the hull.

"Keep firing!" Anton screamed. Then he turned back to Delreuse. "It is an even fight, Admiral."

• Like 1