Cortana's death is STUPID

A71william

1: You need to have a spoiler tag for your title so people who havent finished the game yet dont get mad.

2: Cortana was going rampant. Who knows what she could or could not have done at that point. Her systems were breaking down.

No need for it since you just wouldn't click on it in the first place...

I don't get why you guys are so attached to Cortana. I felt sad when she died, and my eyes were fairly watery, but not playing Halo just because she's gone? I don't get that. I played Halo CE, 3 and 4 and I'm not getting this massive connection you guys are. Anyway, her dying was needed. The protagonist can't win without sacrifice, and he ended up losing Cortana. Also, losing Cortana makes him wonder more about the things she told him over the years, like the "Which one of us is the machine here?" thing. That and the fact that you got a glimpse of his face is showing that the Chief is becoming more human. This trilogy is the reclaimer series. Master Chief is the reclaimer, and so this trilogy will obviously be about him, his flaws and qualities, his losses and his gains, and most importantly, him turning back into a human. He got a major loss in Halo 4, he lost Cortana. Cortana did not know what it was like to be a human, and neither did the Chief, but they both made each other more human. And so, Cortana was very special to the Chief, and by making him lose her, they are really pushing forward his character development. Knowing most game developers, he'll probably get her back at the end of Halo 5, but I seriously hope not, it would be too cheesy and happy-ever-aftery.