'Interviews with Stars of the Community Double Feature Volume 19: Total Mayh3m

Drizzy_Dan

WOW it has been a while. Well in my off time I've had a lot of schoolwork, commuting, paperwriting (I guess that's schoolwork), real work at my actual job, and xbox playing. But now that my semester's over, this forum hit me smack in my mind like a rock thrown by an angry customer. I've missed this place and all of its great members and I hope to meet all the new ones because I know we've had hundreds join since around the launch of Halo 4. Keep in mind that this Double Feature Interview is old. Very old. But good none the less! So without further ado, here's my interview with one of our top Moderators on the site: Total Mayh3m. Enjoy:

DD: "Why did you choose the name 'Total Mayh3m' for your username at 343i?"

TM: "Well, actually not many people know that I signed up under the name ljp1125 at first. I then swapped to my gamertag which was Total Mayh3m because I figured since it was a gaming forum I should probably use something that people would be more familiar with. Anyways, Total Mayh3m(or Mayhem) comes from the Greek meaning... nah just kidding... basically when I signed up for Xbox Live, I wanted something that was pretty cool and that people would think "That guy means business" when they saw it. I first wanted "Extreme Mayhem" but it was taken already. So I thought to myself, why not use a number? I knew what 1337 was so I took the E out of "Mayhem" and replaced it with a 3. After I submitted it.. it was still taken and I was about ready to give up and swap to a totally different gamertag idea. Then I thought "What about Total Mayh3m? So I typed it in and sure enough it was available. ^_^ "

DD: "I love your sense of humor Total :lol:. That sounds like a complicated process you had for your GamerTag. Let's talk about your life here on the site when you were a newer member. What members did you connect with early on in your membership?"

TM: "Early on I connected with Absolute Dog, Spectral Jester, and a guy named Headhunter (now known as SuperIntendant). Then there was this guy that I briefly connected with names Choot'em who is now our MoM. I would always greet them with a ♥ in the shoutbox. It wasn't until the first playdate I attended when I really got connected. :) Playdates are a great way to get connected to the community."

DD: "Those are some of the biggest names in our community today! I see you got yourself a slice of pizza!! Congratulations again Mayh3m! I say again because of your semi-recent promotion to Community Moderator that I want to talk about. When you joined the site, did you ever think you'd stay long enough and put it in enough time and effort to become a Community Moderator?"

TM: "Yes, Pizza is good. hehe.

Well, honestly I never imagined I would make it to a moderator position on such an established forum/website as this one... ever. I always admired what those guys do as I had held a position of Moderator then Admin on a much smaller site.

When I first joined this website I just wanted to really learn more about Halo and what people were thinking Halo 4 would be about. I already had some forum experience and lived out my spam days long long ago before this place was created. Occasionally I like to visit the offbeat section and play the games. But I never expected I would be this close to 2000 posts and in the position I am now. It was an incredible honor to even be considered for the facebook staff and it means even more to wear the colors of the Moderators. It is a great responsibility and it is one I enjoy doing. Because simply put.. I ♥ everyone here. :)"

DD: "That must be a wonderful feeling! When I joined the thought never crossed my mind to become Staff but when I was asked I went out of my mind crazy happy :lol:. You've been an awesome contributer so far and a great Mod. So you say you've been to other forums and have been a Mod and Admin on one? How many forums had you been a member of before this one? Do you still visit the site where you were an Admin on? If so, how do you manage the time between the two?"

TM: "Well, I was a member of two Lego themed forums :blush: but the first was based off of an old series called the drome racers, the game had 5 or 6 different teams and I was on a team called Nitro, so some of the best of the best on the Lego game created a board and called it the teams HQ. So I joined and we all shared our secrets on how to get good at the game and what not. I eventually became an admin there and was honored to become great friends with the creator of the board. He and I are still good friends today and we talk fairly often. That site is still on the web, however it is not very active at all as not many people go there anymore. We all check in occasionally and see how everyone is doing.

The second forum was a forum called iBricks, it was huge and closer to the end of the forums life I was actually considered as a moderator but never was offered the position.. I believe I got a small position of helping with art requests there. That site had about 70k posts when the owner abruptly closed it down.

Those sites shaped me into the forumer I am today. So I have grown a lot over my forum lives and have no plans of leaving this place. :) "

DD: "Wow you really have had a lot of experience with forums haha and that's great news. I don't think any member here would like to see less of you on here. So Total what is your most proud moment here on the forums?"

TM: "Well thanks! :)

My most proud moment? Gosh, I don't know. Being able to look back at what kind of member I have been and looking at the example I left behind make me the most proud I think. Knowing that I have come this far by doing my best to be honorable and encouraging. Another thing that makes me proud is when I can help a member out. :)"

DD: "And that's really great for you to say especially because this is what got you to where you are at your Moderator position. You really are a great member and easy to call on for help :D. So I've been noticing more and more people joining lately seeing as Halo 4 is about to arrive, as a Mod has that made your job any harder at all? Have you had to deal with more spam and misbehavior than you used to? I know you haven't been a Mod for too long but still :lol:."

TM: "Well, you don't know what Jester is like in the staff rooms.. hehe jk.

Does it make it harder, I wouldn't say so. Then again I may just be getting use to things right now :) . As for dealing with more spam and misbehavior, yes. I have noticed that we are pulling in a decent amount of new members and some of those cause trouble within the forums and shoutbox. We get a good amount of reports a day which helps us a lot. Having a great group of guys to work with makes things fun and always entertaining. So when we do have trouble, it is not too much of a problem"

DD: "That's awesome, yes a big shout out to all the Moderators of 343i Community Forum! You guys do a great job of keeping this place clean and friendly. So this one is a joint question really but there's no point in separating them. Doc was named MoM for October and Choot 'em just became a Legendary Member. Could you provide the members with some incite on your relationships with these two members and what you think of their new achievements?"

TM: "Well, to be honest, I have not had as much time to build a relationship with either. However I do hold them in high respects. Choot'em I always enjoy talking with because he is just that kind of guy that is always fun to talk to. Doc I've not gotten to talk to as much (sadly :() but from what I have seen he has done so much in the forums. 3000+ posts, DGL, and helping members out.

I think both these members deserve their respective awards. Both decisions for Choot and Doc were unanimous. They are very well deserving and I am honored to be a member here with each of them. :)"

DD: "I agree completely that they are completely deserving and just overall amazing members, those are two of my good friends. So Mayh3m let's talk halo 4 now. It's getting awfully close to the release, what edition are you getting and what do you plan on doing first when you start playing?"

TM: "Well, first I am getting the standard edition. However I pre-ordered the game from Amazon.com so I could get the web skin and look like spiderman... hehe. ;) The first thing I plan on doing in Halo 4 is playing through campaign, finding some screenshots of Cortana, and sending them to Jester (Pretty sure it will earn some brownie points). Jk. But I do plan on playing through campaign (Heroic first) and learning about what the new story will be about. So far I have not looked at any campaign spoilers and I won't until I actually beat campaign. After campaign I plan on playing some matchmaking and leveling up like a boss. Seems like every Halo game I always level up slower than everyone else. Anyways, after that I guess I will test out Spartan Ops, Forge, then Theater (If I haven't had a sick play before then). Maybe we can get a huge playdate going and play the new zombie mode. Who knows. :awesome:"

DD: "Definitely will get you some brownie points from Jester :lol:. And the new Infection looks amazing, I think it's exactly what everyone's wanted for a long time now and people had been asking for it for some time now. That sounds like a solid plan for Halo 4 and it sounds like you're impressed and happy with what you saw as I'm sure everyone else is. So Mayh3m are you going to be at any of the Community Playdates coming up this weekend?"

TM: "To be honest, I will try to make it to a playdate but I can't promise I will be there. My schedule is tight with school and work and my window of opportunity is small. I am trying to draw up some plans for some stuff.... But that's a different story (one that I won't get into lol . ;) )I love getting to be a part of the play dates, but time is limited for me and that makes it hard for me to get to join them. Survivor is a handful as it is hehe. :) if I am able to open up some time then you all will certainly see me joining you all."

DD: "That sounds great! I hope I get to play with you again! So could you please provide the readers with some advice on how to become as great a member and achieve as much as you?"

TM: "Well, honestly I just respected those above me and didn't be anyone but me. I have always tried making quality posts and reporting anything bad I see. Being honest and throwing ideas out there. Shoot, I knew nothing about the Halo books, Prometheans forerunners, precursors, etc. until I asked someone about it. They invited me into a chat via the messenger and they explained it to me and it helped me understand better.

So what I would tell anyone reading this is, be yourself, get involved, respect those over you, and have fun. Quality posts are better than quantity. Definitely. Building friendships here is a wonderful thing. So don't take those for granted either."

So there it is! Part 1 of the Interviews Double Feature! If the font color for Mayh3m's responses is too hard to read GET A NEW COMPUTER SCREEN. No, just comment and I'll change it later for everyone, I've had someone in blue before but I put them as a darker blue and it actually was harder to read. This one looks ok by my standards. Comment, like, do whatever it is when you do when you read these because they're back and you might be next! But not really because someone is already next. But you could be after them!

• Like 9