Humanity Fractured: Part 1 Intro

SykoWolf

Humanity Fractured:Part 1 Intro

All my life i have wondered...why has this happened? Why did we split as a race? Why did we let religion and politics destroy what we once were?

Mankind was once a proud and quite powerful race, then we discovered other alien life and new technology to race to the stars...as soon as this happened we split up into several Conglomerates, each with their own political or Religious ideals.

The Terran Conglomerate, those of us who stayed on Earth and remember what it is to be Human, we have no single ideal or Religion, we follow the old path that allows people to believe what they wish..the way it should be.

The Christenso Conglomerate, those who left and followed the Christian religion...they singled themselves on a planet on the brim of this solar system and have cut contact with all other outsiders, so not much is known about how they are at this moment.

The Free Peoples Conglomerate... despite the name, they are merely puppets of their so called..council. They use there numbers to take hold of planets by force, luckily though, we haven't had to deal with them for years.

The Tennenman Republic...they refuse to be called a conglomerate, but i dont really care...this group is more evil then the Free Peoples Conglomerate, using their technological gift to destroy ANYONE who comes near their territory. The Terran Conglomearte cut contact after they killed several of our people on their planet due to "suspicious" circumstances.

The Gedden Conglomerate ..... named after Simon Gedden, an Ex Soldier and war hero whose ideals were to expand and explore, this seems to be the Terran Conglomerates only friend among the stars.

The Yui' Choi Conglomerate... from the name its pretty obvious that this conglomerates roots start from Asia.....Korea Actually, they live the furthest away from Earth somewhere near the Kai'Terdo's territory.

And finally The Yulumon Conglomerate...now this group is pretty much a cult, believing in a dead Alien God named Yulumon, who believed in dominance over all, luckily they are too small to make any serious issues for Earth.

And the one question i must ask is .....Why did Humanity Fracture into all these.......conglomerates ......and leave Earth and the Terran Conglomerate to fend for itself?

Almost like my wife left me to fend for my son Michael. Well.....she didn't leave, but rather murdered in an attack by the Fallen, a zealous terrorist cell that once took Earth hold in a grip of Fear and Panic. Luckily the military manged to rise up and take them down, and while they still exist, they are a mere shadow of what they once were.

Today Earth is a husk of what it once was, mainly due to Earth protective atmosphere being wittled down, allowing several meteors to strike and cause gaping fields of craters in all parts of the world...and yet...we are the best hope for Humanity......

You may ask why?

Why are WE the best hope for Humanity?

It's because we have been facing a threat that has nearly wiped us out, a threat to ALL mankind, every conglomerate , every women and child.......the 8th Conglomerate...and they wont stop till every other human is dead......

2 months Earlier.....Terra Prime...Capital of Earth

"Why on Earth would i do that Michael?' .... "Because you love me Dad" Michael said with his usual sly grin

"Ah how can i say no to my son" I chuckled and motioned for him to sit in the side seat of the Drop Shuttle. He scrambled aboard and I moved my hands over the control panel, starting up the Focus Drive Engines and the shuttle took off from the ground with a jolt. I still wasn't used to these new shuttles, these ones are more heavily armed then the last ones, making the rather heavy and slow, even though it was better suited to combating the Fallen.

"Next time though, your taking the academy's shuttle...got it?" I asked him, while still watching the air lane in front of us.

"ok Dad, I promise I wont pester you next time" He said as he hugged me from the side.

"No problems Mikey, I just dont want to be late for my patrol, not today of all days"

"Why's that Dad?"

"You know i cant tell you that" I said rather sternly, knowing all to well my Military buisness was rather dangerous

"Sorry dad, i know"

"Its ok Mikey, were getting close to the academy, get ready to hop out"

The Academy came into sight as we passed the corner of the nearby Market building.

The Academy was a 32 story tall building that leaned back almost with a slight curve in its architecture. "Terra Prime Cadet Academy" it stated on a Holographic sign mounted to the front of the building, which has a silver sheen to it, like most buildings in Terra Prime.

I quickly moved my hands over the ships console and took the shuttle down to the drop off point, slowly setting it down and opening the side door.

"There you are Mikey, have a good day my little man" I said as i hugged my son

"Sure thing Dad, love you" He said as he hurried out the door to his friends

I took off once more, this time heading to the Military base to the west of the city...Armstrong Military Base, the place where i had been stationed for almost 8 years.

My PWC (portable Wrist console) flashed as my buddy Sedra F'Val called.

I tapped it once and rose my wrist to my ear.

"Hey Sedra, how are you mate?" I asked Him

"Im good Fred, just wanted to make sure you remember that you have your night shift tonight"

"Oh crap, i completely forgot about that, i need to find someone to..

"Dont worry Fred, i'll look after Michael for you, i always do don't i" Laughed Sedra

"Yeah thanks for that mate, i owe you big time... anyways im getting close to the base, so i better go, ill talk to you later Sedra and thanks again"

"No problems my friend"

I tapped my PWC once more and ended the call just as i started the decent into the docking bay.

"Shuttle 291 A , please state name,rank and Identification number"

"This is Fredrick Bauer , Lieutenant Commander, identity Code Alpha Foxtrot 7 7 6 Lima"

There was a short pause while they checked out my identity.

"Identity confirmed, welcome back Commander"

"Thanks guys, im dropping into shuttle bay 6"

I took the brick.... i mean shuttle..down into the 6th shuttle bay, the one with the least amount of traffic, which was the reason i chose it, so later tonight i could get out quicker then i usually do.

The shuttle quickly descended to the landing platform and i kicked in the landing propulsion drive as it came to a gentle stop on the platform.

I sat back in the pilots chair..closing my eyes just for a moment, hoping that today wouldn't be a bad one.......

I opened my eye's with a panic, had i fallen asleep? Was i late?

I quickly checked the time on my PWC and luckily i was only there for 3 minutes.

I stood up from the seat and made my way to the door , using the nearby console to open the door's release, and stood out of the Shuttle.

"Commander, are you alright?" Came a voice to my left

I looked over and recognised the young lieutenant assigned to do his officers training under my command... Lieutenant Schoda. A fairly tall guy in his early twenty;s with short dark hair and olive skin.

"Yeah Lieutenant , im alright, just a little...worried about today. Not sure why" I stated as i walked towards him, adjusting my uniform.

"Ok i wont pry then, i'll follow you to the armoury then shall i?"

"Sure thing" i said back as i headed towards the door 100 metres down the Shuttle Bay to the left.

We walked through the doorway and past several young soldiers on exercises. We headed down the long hallways, illuminated by bright white lights and towards the armoury.

As we got closer i could hear the other officers shouting orders at the new batch of recruits.

"Get your gear on Schoda, we're on patrol duty today...at the plaza"

"Understood sir" He saluted me and walked ahead and to his locker.

I entered the officers section and quickly entered the code to my locker, the door sliding open silently, revealing my Gen 3 Combat Armour, one of the fairly new version's released by the military, to protect officers from almost all minor wounds such as cuts,bruises and shrapnel, and also offered some protection against the Tritanium rounds used by most weapon manufacturers today.

It was coloured Dark Grey with a single Yellow Line down the right side of the breastplate signalling my rank as Commander. It also has my initials in yellow on the right side of the breastplate, to obviously show it belonged to me.

All in all it was a rather sleek set of armour, however it also had the faceless helmet that the Terran Military is known for, and while there are people behind that helmet, young children tend to be quite scared, especially as the only way you can see our eyes is through a tiny slit going across the helmet. Other then that, the helmet is rather barren, other then the 4 strips of meta the go down, looking like a mechanical skull almost.

"I better get this on and get back to Schoda so we can go" i thought as i started grabbing the pieces out of the locker........

I quickly clipped on the breastplate and arm guards, allowing them to automatically tighten on the nanopolymer undersuit.

Then i shuffled into the armoured boots and attached both the shin guards and thigh pieces, also allowing them to tighten before closing the locker and making my way back to the lieutenant who was waiting patiently at the exit to the hallway.

"Lieutenant, follow me, we better get going as soon as possible, dont wanna get stuck behind people for long" I said as i walked out to Schoda.

Schoda and I walked side by side back to the Hanger.

"So Schoda, anything interesting in your life at the moment?" Asked Bauer

"Well...i proposed to my girlfriend yesterday, she said yes..so i suppose im to be married soon" Replied Schoda smiling

Bauer stopped and placed his hand on the young Lieutenant's shoulder

"Thats great news Schoda, congratulations, i hope you and Michelle have a great life together"

"Thank you sir, that means alot..ill be sure to relay your support to Michelle, heh" Laughed Schoda

"Alright, come on we better get to work heh"

Bauer and Schoda entered the hanger and unlocked the armed patrol shuttle, stepping inside and sitting at their stations before closing the hatch and starting it up.

Bauer moved his hands across the console, priming the ignition and starting the engines up.

The shuttle rocked to life and Bauer moved it out of the Hanger before speeding off towards their patrol route.

They passed by several other vehicles, mostly people on their way to work, before coming into a large open plaza, teaming with people,vehicles,shops..you name it, it was there.

"Looks like Downtown is rather busy today" Remarked Schoda

"Yeah, i was thinking the same....." Bauer was cut off by a massive blast wave.

The area went white, vehicles,buildings.. everything was practically thrown or ripped apart.

Bauers shuttle was no different, it tumbled to the ground like dead weight.

"Get those hydraulics back up now!!!" Screamed Bauer

"They're not responding sir, i think it was....."

The Shuttle hit the ground with force, knocking Bauer out....

His world turned to black, and all he could hear were screams of pain....

Today wasn't going to be a normal day........

END PART 1

Credit Music Below

:D

---------------------------------------------------------

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...