Sick of Criticisms

Celtic505

After reading many fans opinions, expectations and many overall deriding comments about Halo: CEA I have decided I must write something as a retort. I am not trying to be negative here at all, I am just trying to discuss varying opinions and expectations of the new direction of the Halo franchise. I see that a lot of people are complaining that they don't want any dramatic changes to the game, gameplay, the visuals, weapons, etc. IMHO I think Halo CEA should be improved as much as possible and not kept to a rigid standard of falling in line with the original games expectations and abilities. To me the whole reason of having a remake is to do it over again with a different or better vision. To me I envision or hope the Halo CEA to be exactly like the remake of Resident Evil from PSone to GameCube. The game retained the same settings only updated with more detail and additions that didn't detract from the original but complemented it and made it even better. Their were changes in gameplay as well such as the use of tasers and thrusting knifes, and obviously the inclusion of the well recieved "crimson-heads". The original game lacked all of those things as well as the whole lisa trevor plotline, but with the remake throwing those in, on top of redesigned gameplay while retaining the similar atmosphere and music made you feel right at home, as if you were playing the original PS1 version and not even realizing the difference, because the updated gameplay and graphics drew you in so far that you were having so much fun and weren't caught up in the notice of old outdated graphics or lack of abilities now common to most modern games. It brought you back to that enjoyment and nostalgia but without the notice of time past to draw you away from the experience as it happens a lot when revisiting old game favorites (at least for me anyways). For Halo CEA I would love to see new updated versions of costumes, vehicles, weapons, scenery, etc. Because that is what makes remake exciting to see your old love in a new light. For those detracting the new version before it has even come out should stop and think for a second about their criticism. If you are hating on a game remake for not sticking to the basic original gameplan or for making any kind of changes, then why are you interested in playing a remake at all? If you want it so much like the original, than why not just stick with your original? Remake is to create something all over again, and nothing can ever be done exactly the same over and over, which is the whole point of doing something again because everytime you experience something new, something more which keeps you coming back over and over again. I don't want to wait and wait and finally when it is released end up playing Halo CEA and it is exactly the same....I might as well just keep playing Halo CE. What do you all think?

Halo CEA is exactly like Halo CE, but with updated graphics, even the glitches in Halo CE will still be there.

Halo CEA is more like a celebration than a new title, its a well done fans, heres the original xbox game, remodelled for the Xbox 360, oh and heres 7 of the original maps to play in Reach.

If your looking for anything more than that, then I feel you are going to be disappointed

I just want to own all the eight year old kids online and show them how halo should be played, with the good old weapons.

Um, are you an adult? If you are, wanting to "own" eight year old children on a video game is just weird. Do you feel threatened by them? Can you not win a MP game against them on Reach or H3? I am strangely confused...

Um, are you an adult? If you are, wanting to "own" eight year old children on a video game is just weird. Do you feel threatened by them? Can you not win a MP game against them on Reach or H3? I am strangely confused...

the point is to educate them on how NOT to be a n00b

the point is to educate them on how NOT to be a n00b

Ok, even tho I wasnt asking you....

Define "noob". I, being around for awhile, thought it meant someone new to something...in this case, Halo. What if a 8yr old has been playing reach since release day? Would he still be "new"? My 8yr old son has been playing since release day, and was playing H3 on release day.....if he jumped on H3 right now and owned you in a bad way, would you call him a "noob" as well? What about my 3yr old son, he has been playing Reach since it dropped. He just made Captain, is he a "noob"? I do know that when the 8yr old got that kiltac on team slayer, he pissed some people off. Just like the 3yr old did when he got that tripple.....I am not saying they are Pro level players, but dang, they can take people by surprise.