HALO 4 time travel?.....Realy?!

Master Marix

I heard in those updates in these forums that HALO 4 is going to be a prequel and that all of the books were going to be tied into the game. I said sweet about the books plan (even though ive only read Fall of Reach and Contact Harvest) I think it will be great for the cannon. But when I heard that the game was going to be a prequel and most were saying the slip closing on Master Chief sent them back in time, I started banging my brains out with my HALO Reach limited edition case. Im not shure if its just me but I think time travel is the dumbest idea for a HALO title It sounds like a complete lazy way to show us what happenson in the universe after the events of the ARK being destroyed. I know their releasing 3 books to tell the story about what happens but that still makes me sad I like to play the story and feel like im part of the story playing it as chief not reading about it. Even though its going to be a prequel it doesnt have to nessesarly mean he went back in time. They said even though it is said it is impossible to dream in cryo-freeze. the books mention some marines saying they have dreamed in it. And possibly the reveal trailer is the end of HALO 4 and durring the whole game you have flashback missions which tie in the books? Personaly id rather see this than time travel. Does anyone else feel this way?

The time travel was brought up as a possible idea, to try and justify why the foreunners would be back (if they are that is). It was one of many theories thrown up in that thread.

Personally still think the light at the end of the trailer is a space time portal but there you go.

The time travel was brought up as a possible idea, to try and justify why the foreunners would be back (if they are that is). It was one of many theories thrown up in that thread.

Personally still think the light at the end of the trailer is a space time portal but there you go.

That clears so much up. I always thought your thread was all fact you gathered from videos or updates from microsoft or 343i. I didnt want to bring up your thread because I forgot who exactly said it and i didnt want to falsely accuse someone or directly bash their ideas. But that is a good theroy and would tie in alot. It just doesnt seem like something that would have hooked me in. But good ideas none the less, Ive really enjoyed reading your thread.