Reason Behind No Elites

BigMartin58

It really doesn't matter anyway. What, you think the Sangheili will die out due to this?

You're wrong. They'll live on forever and always.

I agree. The elites are a huge part of the Halo series. the odds of them being completely taken out are extremely slim if not non-existent. it wouldnt make any since to have something that played a huge role in previous installments to suddenly be removed permanently. Hopefully elites are implemented in some new more interesting ways in the future.

I agree. The elites are a huge part of the Halo series. the odds of them being completely taken out are extremely slim if not non-existent. it wouldnt make any since to have something that played a huge role in previous installments to suddenly be removed permanently. Hopefully elites are implemented in some new more interesting ways in the future.

we wont really be able to know why they play a lesser role except for hypothesising until the game comes out. im sure there is a logical reason most people will be happy with. including elite fans (if its what im thinking it will be)

we wont really be able to know why they play a lesser role except for hypothesising until the game comes out. im sure there is a logical reason most people will be happy with. including elite fans (if its what im thinking it will be)

They'll still be playable but just not in Matchmaking. In Reach we spent a majority of our time playing as Spartards anyway, so it will be the same. We shall still be able to play as them in Custom Games and Forge which is good enough for me. I am just happy that I can play as them, where others are ungrateful.

They'll still be playable but just not in Matchmaking. In Reach we spent a majority of our time playing as Spartards anyway, so it will be the same. We shall still be able to play as them in Custom Games and Forge which is good enough for me. I am just happy that I can play as them, where others are ungrateful.

You hope that they'll be playable in custom games and forge. It's never been stated that they will or will not. It's still a question that needs answering. I hope that they are playable in at least customs and forge, but until I see somebody from 343 say that they are, well I'm not gonna get excited about it. I don't have any personal feelings towards their inclusion or exclusion. I don't see why they shouldn't be playable in customs and forge, but I won't be terribly upset if they're not.

You hope that they'll be playable in custom games and forge. It's never been stated that they will or will not. It's still a question that needs answering. I hope that they are playable in at least customs and forge, but until I see somebody from 343 say that they are, well I'm not gonna get excited about it. I don't have any personal feelings towards their inclusion or exclusion. I don't see why they shouldn't be playable in customs and forge, but I won't be terribly upset if they're not.

Exactly, they haven't stated that they will not be in. Therefore, we can include them in Custom Games and Forge as there is nothing to rule it out. Unless 343 Industries state that they won't be playable in Custom Games and Forge then we can consider them to be.

Stop being so thick and think logically.

Exactly, they haven't stated that they will not be in. Therefore, we can include them in Custom Games and Forge as there is nothing to rule it out. Unless 343 Industries state that they won't be playable in Custom Games and Forge then we can consider them to be.

Stop being so thick and think logically.

I do hope that thinking logically dig wasn't towards me, because I've been more logical about it than anybody else in this entire thread, Including you. Without them saying they will or will not be in custom games/forge, you shouldn't keep insisting that they will be. It's not logical. It's hoping, dreaming, wishing. None of which is logical thinking.

"No visor, no HUD, not included" is an illogical argument.

"They'll still be playable in customs/forge" is an illogical statement.

The only thing that's been said about elites is that they will not be in matchmaking, and that there is a possibility for an "Elite Ops".

I like you, Fal, but you can be a bit overbearing at times and need to relax some. No reason to get into it with people just because their opinions differ from yours.

I do hope that thinking logically dig wasn't towards me, because I've been more logical about it than anybody else in this entire thread, Including you. Without them saying they will or will not be in custom games/forge, you shouldn't keep insisting that they will be. It's not logical. It's hoping, dreaming, wishing. None of which is logical thinking.

"No visor, no HUD, not included" is an illogical argument.

"They'll still be playable in customs/forge" is an illogical statement.

The only thing that's been said about elites is that they will not be in matchmaking, and that there is a possibility for an "Elite Ops".

I like you, Fal, but you can be a bit overbearing at times and need to relax some. No reason to get into it with people just because their opinions differ from yours.

It was directed towards everyone. I like you as well, but you must understand that it might be hoping and dreaming as you suggested but I'm just saying that if they have not been counted out of it via a formal interview, then for me that means they are in.

Maybe you're right, maybe I'm just being naive. I am just hoping that they're in Custom Games and Forge, but as long as they haven't released an interview or official information, then that's good enough for me.

I am just speculating on this, just as a heads-up...

Ok, so when you look at an Elite, it doesn't have a visor. Just a helmet.

Halo4_0013.jpg

So, I think 343 WANTED to put elites in Halo 4 as a playable character, BUT, couldn't implement how a HUD would work if the Elites don't have visors.

And playing any FPS, you NEED a HUD...

Just thought I'd try and clear things up... :)

yep thats right it was the visors that did it it had nothing to do with balance issues it was the fact that they couldnt use visors you really have changed the way i look at this game dude thanks.
  • Like 1

yep thats right it was the visors that did it it had nothing to do with balance issues it was the fact that they couldnt use visors you really have changed the way i look at this game dude thanks.

I think this was sarcasm?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

War games is Spartan V spartan because its a simulation.

Elites HUD is to do with the lenses that are put ON their eyes to provide HUD. All elites eyes match their armour colour.(used to, not sure now)

And they didn't know about Prometheans.

• 9 months later...

Original Post: That is a good point but like many others said, in Halo Reach and Halo 3 not all the elites had visors but were still playable in multiplayer. In the Halo 3 campaign, Player 2 could play as the Arbiter even though he had no visor. You also play as him in Halo 2 and he also had no visor. I think that they weren't playable in Halo 4 because 343 didn't have enough time to add them in or it wouldn't make sense for some reason.