Reason Behind No Elites

BigMartin58

Your lack of logic is disturbing, all elites in the previous games had no visor and we still played them :thumbdown:

LOGIC^^ :thumbsup:

Not enough, i belive a elite exclusive playlist should be added, since the halo community clearly has many elite fans.

It is enough, consider our species lucky for even being in the options that have been given. We must wait until the game is released, it is about time.

• Like 1

I am only speaking the truth. You truly are stupid for thinking that they're not in it just because some concept art has no visor. That is lame.

I am going to ignore insulting you for insulting my intelligence and try to ignore you joining any post about elites and insulting everyone that makes a comment. You want to know why i prefer a smaller species of humans compare to the elites, its simple they're as bloodthirsty of a race like the Jirahanae. The only reason they are so brutelike and not as tech savy is because they had a stellar cival war forcing all of their goverments and technoledgys back many centuries. By the time they started climbing again for their lost ways, the covenant attack and forced them into their ranks in their current social higharchy of alphas and such.

The sangheili are very similar as to their love for war. In the past it wasnt always this way, they used to live on sangheilos like we do here on earth with many organized systems set in place with farmers warriors politicians, to the simple merchants and mechanics. Alot of their religeon was based on forerunner artifacts on their homeworld as temples overall showing this was a very well put together society, however this was thousands of years ago. As they were in this state the San Shyuum attacked them and eventually made a treaty where alls the elites did were to serve as the warriors of the prophets and protect them while they took this great jouney together and progress through the ages (sometimes multiple of the same ages) together.

When this became the system the sangheili lost most of their formal ways to the thousands of years of being ruthless warriors, so by the time the covenent was ended by the uprising of the elites, they had no past knowledge of their traditions of other then how to become a warrior. So now we are stuck with a species that loves the thought of bloodthirsty war even more so then jiralharae and humans.

So i dont see why you are so proud to belong to a race that has little to no emotions, only cares about the sight of bloodshed, and whos whole system back on their homeworld is collapsing because they can't even remember how to farm (if it werent for their brute slaves and grunts doing their other utility things they would be even worse off). I would respect your race if they were how they were before they were tainted with the prophets hands. So why dont you bring down that pride of yours a little and stop insulting my intelligence when i represent a species whos intellect and knowledge surpasses your race instead of just glassing planets. Oh, and it would be nice if you would stop trolling those who have a comment about the elites in halo 4.

I feel like the whole "Spartan training" simulator was a good but nontheless BS reason for there to be no elites. After all, if it was a training sumulator, wouldn't you have people playing the opposing forces, armed with realistic weaponry, armor, tactics, etc, etc? So if its a training simulator it makes more sense for the Elites to be in then out.

Point is, I think the primary reason 343 ditched Elites was beacuse they didn't want to take the time to implement a comparable number of cosmetic customizations for Elites as they did for Spartans...

• Like 1

I feel like the whole "Spartan training" simulator was a good but nontheless BS reason for there to be no elites. After all, if it was a training sumulator, wouldn't you have people playing the opposing forces, armed with realistic weaponry, armor, tactics, etc, etc? So if its a training simulator it makes more sense for the Elites to be in then out.

Point is, I think the primary reason 343 ditched Elites was beacuse they didn't want to take the time to implement a comparable number of cosmetic customizations for Elites as they did for Spartans...

Yea i agree but it wouldnt make sense for a spatan to simulate as an elite since it would change his entire body structure and how he fight (no as in gameplay but in more of a story aspect). so when done training he isnt gaining the spartan tactics he should be but the elite style of body which he doesnt have. so it fits in with not having an elite system for points and armor and abilities and such :)

Yea i agree but it wouldnt make sense for a spatan to simulate as an elite since it would change his entire body structure and how he fight (no as in gameplay but in more of a story aspect). so when done training he isnt gaining the spartan tactics he should be but the elite style of body which he doesnt have. so it fits in with not having an elite system for points and armor and abilities and such :)

If its a holographic deck which is capable of generating complete synthetic maps out of thin air, wouldn't they be able to temporarily graph Elite stuff unto a Spartan? IDK, honestly the whole Infinity training deck is a cool idea, and I have no problem with it from a gameplay or aesthetic standpoint, but it really doesn't make that much sense ;).

• Like 1

Elites arent in multiplayer at all. Also they are rouge covenant so they are dirt poor and have different armor, less updated version

it may not be that their poor, more just of an anceint armor style that the sangheili monks have had before they where encrypted into the covenant

so yea less updated, but still good armor

I am going to ignore insulting you for insulting my intelligence and try to ignore you joining any post about elites and insulting everyone that makes a comment. You want to know why i prefer a smaller species of humans compare to the elites, its simple they're as bloodthirsty of a race like the Jirahanae. The only reason they are so brutelike and not as tech savy is because they had a stellar cival war forcing all of their goverments and technoledgys back many centuries. By the time they started climbing again for their lost ways, the covenant attack and forced them into their ranks in their current social higharchy of alphas and such.

The sangheili are very similar as to their love for war. In the past it wasnt always this way, they used to live on sangheilos like we do here on earth with many organized systems set in place with farmers warriors politicians, to the simple merchants and mechanics. Alot of their religeon was based on forerunner artifacts on their homeworld as temples overall showing this was a very well put together society, however this was thousands of years ago. As they were in this state the San Shyuum attacked them and eventually made a treaty where alls the elites did were to serve as the warriors of the prophets and protect them while they took this great jouney together and progress through the ages (sometimes multiple of the same ages) together.

When this became the system the sangheili lost most of their formal ways to the thousands of years of being ruthless warriors, so by the time the covenent was ended by the uprising of the elites, they had no past knowledge of their traditions of other then how to become a warrior. So now we are stuck with a species that loves the thought of bloodthirsty war even more so then jiralharae and humans.

So i dont see why you are so proud to belong to a race that has little to no emotions, only cares about the sight of bloodshed, and whos whole system back on their homeworld is collapsing because they can't even remember how to farm (if it werent for their brute slaves and grunts doing their other utility things they would be even worse off). I would respect your race if they were how they were before they were tainted with the prophets hands. So why dont you bring down that pride of yours a little and stop insulting my intelligence when i represent a species whos intellect and knowledge surpasses your race instead of just glassing planets. Oh, and it would be nice if you would stop trolling those who have a comment about the elites in halo 4.

Good, you're learning not to rival the intelligence of the Sangheili.

you didnt read it did you?

I did indeed. I was mentioning the fact that you chose not to rival my insults. However, we are not like Jiralhanae, far from it. Apart from that I agree.

I could not read all of it at one time due to my absence at school.

• Like 1

it may not be that their poor, more just of an anceint armor style that the sangheili monks have had before they where encrypted into the covenant

so yea less updated, but still good armor

this could be but i like to think they are dirt poor since, they are separated from the covenant i doubt they have much of a revenue stream

but maybe im just being to literal haha

Edited by One
Merged posts
  • Like 1

I did indeed. I was mentioning the fact that you chose not to rival my insults. However, we are not like Jiralhanae, far from it. Apart from that I agree.

This "roleplaying" stopped being in good taste a long time ago Fal. Take it less seriously, I mean it.

Do you just get up and wear an elite outfit all day? Do you just dress up as an elite. You are literally calling yourself a sanghelli. Really? What the heck man. You are one messed up dude. There's being a fan, and then there's being obsessed. You sir, fall into the latter. maybe you should go do something else for awhile, just to get your priorities straight. No, that last comment is not to be rude or mean, i am genuinely concerned for you. I do hope that you realize that halo is just a game, and that you will be able to straighten out your life so that it has purpose.

Good luck good sir.

Do you just get up and wear an elite outfit all day? Do you just dress up as an elite. You are literally calling yourself a sanghelli. Really? What the heck man. You are one messed up dude. There's being a fan, and then there's being obsessed. You sir, fall into the latter. maybe you should go do something else for awhile, just to get your priorities straight. No, that last comment is not to be rude or mean, i am genuinely concerned for you. I do hope that you realize that halo is just a game, and that you will be able to straighten out your life so that it has purpose.

Good luck good sir.

So are you, you play as Spartans which are also fictional. You cannot say anything as that would make you a hypocrite. My life does have a purpose, and I really enjoy Halo, thus the act. You'll understand eventually.

So are you, you play as Spartans which are also fictional. You cannot say anything as that would make you a hypocrite. My life does have a purpose, and I really enjoy Halo, thus the act. You'll understand eventually.

yeah, but i dont run around using the term "we" to describe spartans, like i am one of them. and i think i understand perfectly, you are lost in a little world of canon and games. Its cool to like playing as elites, i actually enjoy playing as them more, especially in reach, because they have cooler assassinations. But you are defending them to a point of almost worship. i am not being hypocritical, because i do not defend spartans as heavily as you do elites. I never said that spartans are better or cooler than elites, elites are actually much cooler than spartans (imo). I am a big fan of Halo, i find the games to be fun and challenging, but thats just it. Its a game. And i feel like you are taking the game and the canon to seriously. Your devotion is more of an obsession. I hope that elites can make it in as many areas of H4 as possible, as i know you do as well. But nonetheless, H4 will be a great game, even if elites arent in multiplayer.

Just dont fall so far into the canon and fiction that you begin to believe it exists okay?

yeah, but i dont run around using the term "we" to describe spartans, like i am one of them. and i think i understand perfectly, you are lost in a little world of canon and games. Its cool to like playing as elites, i actually enjoy playing as them more, especially in reach, because they have cooler assassinations. But you are defending them to a point of almost worship. i am not being hypocritical, because i do not defend spartans as heavily as you do elites. I never said that spartans are better or cooler than elites, elites are actually much cooler than spartans (imo). I am a big fan of Halo, i find the games to be fun and challenging, but thats just it. Its a game. And i feel like you are taking the game and the canon to seriously. Your devotion is more of an obsession. I hope that elites can make it in as many areas of H4 as possible, as i know you do as well. But nonetheless, H4 will be a great game, even if elites arent in multiplayer.

Just dont fall so far into the canon and fiction that you begin to believe it exists okay?

Let's get this straight. 'We' as a Community do this to get more of a kick out of the game as this will never happen in real life, thus why 'we' act like this.

I don't think you understand the canon-like way we follow things and why we do it. As a result of this, I will ignore this and carry on with the way that I am.

Let's get this straight. 'We' as a Community do this to get more of a kick out of the game as this will never happen in real life, thus why 'we' act like this.

I don't think you understand the canon-like way we follow things and why we do it. As a result of this, I will ignore this and carry on with the way that I am.

whatever floats your boat man.

Also, I'd just like to add that the Elites in H2, H3, and Reach didn't have a visor (except for a couple in Reach), and yet they were still in the game.

That was bungie, this is 343. From what I've seen, it looks like 343 wants to take the more realistic route, thus giving them a reason to now consider that elites don't have visors.

That was bungie, this is 343. From what I've seen, it looks like 343 wants to take the more realistic route, thus giving them a reason to now consider that elites don't have visors.

That hasn't stopped them from being in Halo installments before, and it certainly shall not stop them this time.Surely, there is some logical explanation behind this.

• Like 1

Sgt Johnson and all the other ODST's without helmets in fire-fight had HUDs. I doubt they would scrap elites from being a playable character merely because of how they don't have a helmet with a HUD.

I favour your logic.