Advanced Hand to hand combat

ESF Blitz

In halo 3, we had a simple beat down. In Reach, we had assassinations. Hand to hand combat is Evolving. My suggestion/idea is something along the lines of More advanced and custom hand to hand combat, i.e. two players lock into a combat sequence where you press certain buttons to act and react with your opponent while guardarding yourself. allowing for more realistic hand to hand combat. [spartan A punches, Spartan be grabs arm and twists behind back, Spartan A reverses into a headhold and snaps neck] this more advanced kind of combat would be a real cool thing to do in 1 on 1 situations. The downside would be that you were open to attack from other opponents

... I would be waiting for this to happen, then YOINK! It would take too long. Make it so each weapon has their own assassination. Like a Magnum, you would whack them with it across the head so tehy fall on the ground, then shoot them in the head. AR, you could put it under their chin, then snap their neck with it. Gravity Hammer, you would like spin around with it and knock them like 50 feet away, like you were hitting a baseball or something, or like how the Brutes use it in Reach, they spin with it. With the Sniper, you could could shoot them in both of their feet, kick them on the ground, reload, then shoot them in the head. Rocket Launcher, you would break their knee, kick them far away, then shoot them with a rocket to the head. Note: These wouldn't use any ammo, and are just suggestions. Hand to Hand would be too difficult, and everyone would probably over use it, and it would be more like a fighting game with guns every once in awhile.

... I would be waiting for this to happen, then YOINK! It would take too long. Make it so each weapon has their own assassination. Like a Magnum, you would whack them with it across the head so tehy fall on the ground, then shoot them in the head. AR, you could put it under their chin, then snap their neck with it. Gravity Hammer, you would like spin around with it and knock them like 50 feet away, like you were hitting a baseball or something, or like how the Brutes use it in Reach, they spin with it. With the Sniper, you could could shoot them in both of their feet, kick them on the ground, reload, then shoot them in the head. Rocket Launcher, you would break their knee, kick them far away, then shoot them with a rocket to the head. Note: These wouldn't use any ammo, and are just suggestions. Hand to Hand would be too difficult, and everyone would probably over use it, and it would be more like a fighting game with guns every once in awhile.

I like part of this. Where an opponent is on the ground, face up after a melee with a chance for a shot.

I think it is a great idea

but needs a faster way and a more less complicated way to do it

nice, keep bringing the good ideas

this could easily simplified, just 2 or 3 buttons at a time, this would basically be an assassination, just adding the the ability to counter and save yourself

A=do you mean like James bond? I think you should use different button combos for different melees if you had an AR you could throw it up in the air catch it by the barrel and basically go beast mode on his face, or kick him, or take out a knife and do some cool move. I also want the CQB chest knife to be removable and, if anyone has seen halo legends, where that one guy has knife shoulders, that would be boss. And as you level up you get new moves to use on people.