[GameSpot] - The Last Of Us On PC Gets Another Fix For Its Many Issues

343iBot

The launch of The Last of Us Part I for PC this week has not gone to plan, with the game suffering from a range of technical and performance issues. A hotfix was released on March 29, and a second one followed on March 30. The newest hotfix mainly contains fixes to help improve performance and memory issues.

The patch notes for v1.0.1.6 state that players can expect fewer "Out of Memory" crashes and crashes when booting up the game for the first time. Additionally, the new update includes new back-end diagnostics features for Naughty Dog to mitigate any further issues to come. The full patch notes can be seen below.

Additionally, Naughty Dog said it is "closely watching" player reports to help map out future patches to come. For now, players can visit the game's Known Issues page. Naughty Dog encouraged anyone experiencing issues with the game to contact support.

After releasing on console, The Last of Us Part I remake finally came to PC and Steam Deck on March 28. As mentioned, many players pointed out glitches, crashes, and other poor performance issues. The game has more than 10,500 reviews on Steam and has garnered a "mostly negative" aggregative review rating.

There have been funny glitches, like characters suddenly being wet for no reason. One moment they're dry, and the next it looks like they've all been sweating profusely during a chat about guns.

The Last of Us Part I PC Patch 1.0.1.6

• Decreased PSO cache size to reduce memory requirements and minimize Out of Memory crashes
  • Added additional diagnostics for developer tracking purposes
  • Increased animation streaming memory to improve performance during gameplay and cinematics
  • Fix for crash on first boot

View the full article