Halo to NOT be at events anymore.

Mr Biggles

yes, its used in ALOT of tournaments aswell. And its not kiddy, even though i dont like the game, there's no reason to call people kids for playing it.

Wasn't trying to call them kids..its just the way i talk. i bought counter-strike back in the day as well, wasnt trying to offend anyone. Just asking a legitimate question..

We can't really be surprised. While Halo played a large role in creating MLG, they loose money holding tournaments for it. Reach was unpopular and it wasn't earning them much of a profit keeping it at events. All we can do is hope Halo 4 is good and has a strong following, good enough that a large amount of people that left Halo because of their disappointment in Reach come back. Fingers crossed for Halo 4 and 343i.

• 4 weeks later...

Could people please learn to read and take in the information they are reading, there will be MLG is future Halo games, but it just won't have as large of a fanbase due to them expanding to other games.

And MLG isn't based around Halo, it's major league gaming. @everyone in this thread. Stop being so stupid, you can't expect MLG to support a franchise of games that's starting to be more and more suited to casual gamers as titles go on.

Please, for the dignity of this forum, stop being so ignorant.

Could people please learn to read and take in the information they are reading, there will be MLG is future Halo games, but it just won't have as large of a fanbase due to them expanding to other games.

Not necessarily true.

If they don't like halo 4, they may not support it anymore. as they may realise that halo is finally dead competitive wise.

If Halo were to die competitive wise that would simply devastate the community. I hope that Halo 4 succeeds and people actually go back to competitive play. I loved Halo competitive back in H2 and H3, Reach sort of sucked though.

• 3 months later...

Halo MLG Is dying.

Halo MLG is dying because of bad decision making from the companies including but not limited to: bad matchmaking to separate players out (departing with a skill system similar to the 50 system which actually represents team skill [because halo is/was implemented "as a" TEAM E-SPORT AFTER ALL. I've noticed it so much harder to filter out the good and bad teams in these new systems]); implementation of controversial features such as instant re-spawning options (seriously) and kill-cams (seriously 343?).

I think that MLG are making the right decision for their own reputation. Halo 4 is not ready to enter e-sports. I could list issues with it all day and provide extremely sound and valid arguments detailing, with maths, what they need to do and why, and they would never make changes because 343 seem too busy trying to cater for the non-competitive community, as if their decisions aren't even apt for valuation to competitive players (because they aren't focused on competition they're focused on appealing to the community as a whole).

But developers herein are forgetting... If you are appealing to the community as a whole then why not adopt matchmaking features keeping the casual players on the bottom rung of players and the competitive players on a different rung i.e. via matchmaking or social/ladders (like Starcraft which keeps all casual players in the same league)? It doesn't make sense to rank TEAMS as INDIVIDUALS and INDIVIDUALS as TEAMS. Rank individuals as individuals (give them a hidden matchmaking rating) and Teams as Teams. Because that is how Teams operate.

Here's an issue I would highlight with the 343's ideology of their features of what is supposed to be a team-based strategy game.

Team Blue =/= Team Blue [minus one player, and adding a different player]

It makes a different team blue...

But don't mind me. I just use my brain a lot.