Ranked.

Shiv Kite

One main reason Halo 3 was so much fun to ME was due to the ability to either play social or ranked. If I wanted to play split screen with my friend and **** around, great, I can do social. Winning in social didn't mean anything really, losing...meh, "It's just social"

Now.

Ranked is a whole other story. If I lose in ranked I swear, punch my seat, curse the enemy team etc etc etc. If I win it feels great and gets stressful (in a good way) trying to obtain your highest rank. This is what makes Halo, HALO. Ranked games are what seperates halo from CoD. If 343 has the same type of playlists as Reach, ALOT of people are going to be pissed. I will be seriously disappointed due to the fact that winning means nothing in social.

I remember in Halo 3 RANKED TEAM SLAYER whenever the score was 45-40 and you were losing, everyone was franticly calling out, avoiding death, getting focused, pumped and genuine adrenaline was flowing. My heart was beating fast and everyone WANTED to win. That is what halo is all about and if you (343) fail to include ranked you WILL lose so many fans of the series. In Reach...NO ONE gave a wet poop about call outs at all. Why? because all meaning was stripped away with the only option being social.

You may think you are being clever by adding all these new things and changing the franchise, but if you don't have ranked, multiplayer will be BORING. regardless of how good the online gameplay is. Long term competitive players (the REAL fans) will lose interest, like I did with Reach.

In reach you couldn't play with people of your own skill level, just like call of duty. So...do the right thing 343. You still have 6 months to do 1 simple thing that will make A LOT of people happy. Dont **** it up.

peace.

One main reason Halo 3 was so much fun to ME was due to the ability to either play social or ranked. If I wanted to play split screen with my friend and **** around, great, I can do social. Winning in social didn't mean anything really, losing...meh, "It's just social"

Now.

Ranked is a whole other story. If I lose in ranked I swear, punch my seat, curse the enemy team etc etc etc. If I win it feels great and gets stressful (in a good way) trying to obtain your highest rank. This is what makes Halo, HALO. Ranked games are what seperates halo from CoD. If 343 has the same type of playlists as Reach, ALOT of people are going to be pissed. I will be seriously disappointed due to the fact that winning means nothing in social.

I remember in Halo 3 whenever the score was 45-40 and you were losing, everyone was franticly calling out, avoiding death, getting focused, pumped and genuine adrenaline was flowing. My heart was beating fast. That is what halo is all about and if you (343) fail to include ranked you WILL lose so many fans of the series. In Reach...NO ONE gave a wet poop about call outs at all. Why? because all meaning was stripped away with the only option being social.

You may think you are being clever by adding all these new things and changing the franchise, but if you don't have ranked multiplayer will be BORING. Long term competitive players (the REAL fans) will lose interest, like I did with Reach.

In reach you couldn't play with people of your own skill level, just like call of duty. So...do the right thing 343. You still have 6 months to do 1 simple thing that will make A LOT of people happy. Dont **** it up.

peace.

For crying out loud, seriously dude? You can't be bothered to look and see that this topic is being discussed all over the place?

Here: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/8136-what-kinds-of-ranks-in-halo-4/

Here: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/8200-halo-4-ranking-system/page__hl__ranks (Though this one doesn't have any replies, still discusses rank)

Here: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/7901-halo-4-ranking-system/page__hl__ranks

Here: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/7146-my-idea-on-the-rank-system/page__hl__ranks

There's four threads, each dealing with the ranks in Halo 4, next time why not search to see if your topic is already being discussed elsewhere.

Now, as for your other comments, let's start with this one: "Long term competitive players (the REAL fans)" - - who are you to say who is a real fan or not? That's just being arrogant, and there's no need for it.

As for them "being clever by adding all these new things" - - if they don't change the game, people will get BORED with it. Period.

• Like 1

I'm not saying you're wrong about the ranking, in fact, I agree with you. My point was, do some searching. You'll see that this topic is being discussed in at least 4 other threads.

Ya this has been talked about a lot. Other than that I agree with your opinion. I want them to have ranked playlists too and make sure they are split screen.

• Like 1

IMO It is a very important topic, which will dictate how I spend my gaming time in the next few years therefore needing multiple threads in order for the message to become clear.

I really don't want to have to go back to Halo 3 after a few months of Halo 4.

Edited by Shiv Kite

Shiv has it right. PLEASE include a (meaningful) ranking system.

Frankly, I'm glad people are creating lots of threads on this topic, because 343 NEEDS to know how important this is to fans, and we haven't seen any indication that its going to offer ranked play (in fact, we can infer the opposite from many of the new features, like join-in-progress).

Keep up the fight, Shiv.

Oh jesus no

http://www.technologyworldnews.net/more-halo-4-multiplayer-details-new-armor-abilities-ranking-system-game-modes-and-more/

"343 Industries has developed a new ranking system for Halo 4′s multiplayer. Players will earn what developers are calling “Spartan Points” upon each rank up. Ranking up is achieved through gaining experience."

IMO It is a very important topic, which will dictate how I spend my gaming time in the next few years therefore needing multiple threads in order for the message to become clear.

I really don't want to have to go back to Halo 3 after a few months of Halo 4.

Don't kid yourself... betting Halo 3 goes offline shortly before/after Halo 4 release. Jumping back to Halo 3 won't be an option for long.

Through gaining experience. Meaning, it will somewhat be a mix of both reach and halo 3. Halo 3 EXP is coming back, and the halo reach credits, in a way, will be making a return. So... you said you want a meaningful ranking system, that you needed skill to rank up in. Right? Well, halo 3 had a good, meaningful system. I guess you do get what you wanted then. Also, with the benefit of the 'spartan points' to purchase armor and other equipment. This, now that I think about it, is the exact system I reccomended a month or two ago... back when I was a newer member. And the way I saw it, and obviously also the way that 343 sees it, is that that way it is completly fair to all audiences. Now, the only thing they need to confirm is that of there will be both competitive and social playlists... It's win-win-win...win, actually. This is fantastic! I see they have also used another idea I've had months ago... equipment and armor that is unlockable, and very slightly andvances gameplay. This is great, in my opinion.

I hope you are right bulletstorm, but to me, upon reading that article, it seems like a reach-like system will be implemented rather than a halo 3 one...

Well, I think you can answer your own question here... How did halo 3's ranking system work? winning games, and getting EXP for it. That is what they said they are doing! It's all good. They are merging the halo reach and halo 3 ranking system; Points to purchase armor, equipment, and things for loadouts, and EXP to give people a ranking system that was worthwhile. The only think we don't know, is if that the ranks will be like reach: Names and symbols, or halo 3: numbers. That we have yet to find out. But I hope we do soon.

How did halo 3's ranking system work? winning games, and getting EXP for it. That is what they said they are doing! It's all good.

You fail to mention the element of progression from 1 to 50 which was the most important part of the Halo 3 ranking system in my opinion. Yes we got EXP, yes I am glad it is making a return, but there is no talk about any number based rank system at all.

I guess we will have to wait and see what information is released in the following weeks.

You fail to mention the element of progression from 1 to 50 which was the most important part of the Halo 3 ranking system in my opinion. Yes we got EXP, yes I am glad it is making a return, but there is no talk about any number based rank system at all.

I guess we will have to wait and see what information is released in the following weeks.

He's hit the nail on the head here. Yes, you gained EXP from winning in H3, but you also had your true skill 1-50 to look forward too, and currently we haven't had any mention of such a thing yet. I hope that it makes a return in some form.

He's hit the nail on the head here. Yes, you gained EXP from winning in H3, but you also had your true skill 1-50 to look forward too, and

currently we haven't had any mention of such a

thing yet. I hope that it makes a return in some

form.

I have not included it in my previous post simply because it has not been confirmed, or even mentioned yet, for that matter. As I too, hope it makes a return.

Bullet, looked to me like you argued there would be a meaningful ranking system, then people challenged your argument and you fell back on "I know, we don't know whether they will have a meaningful ranking system".

Like those above, I'd love to see a "both and" scenario, unlockable pixels and credits, along with something that demonstrates skill. Frankly, I don't care how much pixel crack they make unlockable, as long as we have a ranking system that provides some measure of skill (and competitive play).

I fall back on that, because we did not know if it was 1-50 or the halo reach ranks. Either way, it shall be meaningful, as we know they will be using, or something similar to, the halo 3 EXP system. And if that wasn't meaningful; I'm not sure what is. Anyway, I will continue to search for that aspect of the ranking system, as quite clearly it is what everyone wants to know most.