[GameSpot] - Square Enix Reaffirms Commitment To Blockchain Gaming, Despite Crypto Winter

343iBot

The so-called "crypto winter" has cooled interest in the blockchain world for the past six months, but some are still enthusiastic about the technology. That latter group includes Square Enix's president, Yosuke Matsuda, who once again used the company's annual New Year's letter to reconfirm its strong interest in crypto and blockchain's role in gaming.

In the letter, Matsuda named "blockchain entertainment" as the area the company is most focused on in 2023, noting that the blockchain "gained significant recognition as a field in 2022," along with Web 3.0 as a concept. However, Matsuda also notes "volatility" in the crypto and NFT markets, including the surprise collapse of FTX, which was once considered one of the most promising players in the space.

Matsuda strikes an optimistic note, saying that while the market was driven more by investors in 2021 due to soaring crypto prices, the ongoing "turbulence" in the industry should cause developers to view the blockchain as a means to an end, rather than the end in itself. He also confirms that Square Enix has multiple blockchain games in development.

While it's likely that the current crypto winter will eventually end, consumer interest in NFT or blockchain-based games has been limited in the past, with even successful examples like Axie Infinity failing to cross over into the mainstream. As such, even if the crypto bubble inflates again, traditional game companies like Square Enix have an uphill climb ahead of them.

View the full article

• 2 months later...

Hey! I'm so glad that you got something out of the info that was posted and I totally understand your goal of getting started with trading and investing. Before diving in, I would suggest doing some research to get the lay of the land. For example, a lot of people look to books to get started - there are a ton of great options out there. A quick search of books on trading for beginners will give a ton of different results. For example, The Intellignet Investor is always a good thing to begin with. I'm new to this forum and I think it's a great idea to start with the basics. Good luck on your journey - let us know how it goes!

Edited by RykerHurst

A constant and dependable income can be obtained by investing in cryptocurrencies in a qualitative manner, which has led to some extremely good payouts. Because of their cutting-edge technology, eth validator node can offer a straightforward and dependable strategy in the Etherium stacking business, which is why I chose them. I also want to emphasize that using this strategy can give you speedy access to the system and solo stacking, which can be highly beneficial.