Halo 4 Ranking System!

krat1

Ive been waiting for another halo to have a 1-50 ranking system i know me and my friends all loved the competition of seeing who had the best ranks at each playlist and it gives incentives to keep playing. I believe replayablility should be a key factor you put into a game including that will keep people wanting to play and they will buy map packs or additions you offer. I hope you can include also an xp system to unlock things as well for those players who are not fans of the ranked games they can play what would be equivelant to halo 3's social playlist which would still offer the xp for unlocking but not a 1-50 or whatever type of ranking system. It is safe to say if there is a ranking system like halo reach and not one similar to halo 3 myself as well as thousands more will not be purchasing this game. Thank you for consideration i believe i have alot of people who agree with this.

• Like 4

The 1-50 system made me want to STOP playing, I hated having seperate ranks for each playlist. I just want to be the same rank regardless of the playlist, otherwise im wasting my time ranking up when I will have to do it all over again

The reach ranking system was perfect imo, maybe the higher ranks could take a few less cR to get to

Edited by Evi1 Ninja69

The 1-50 system made me want to STOP playing, I hated having seperate ranks for each playlist. I just want to be the same rank regardless of the playlist, otherwise im wasting my time ranking up when I will have to do it all over again

The reach ranking system was perfect imo, maybe the higher ranks could take a few less cR to get to

Well obviously H3 had separate ranks for separate playlists because the playlists required different skills, someone that was good at Team Doubles may be terrible at Team Swat...

In Reach even if your crap you could eventually reach the top rank, it simply shows how many games you've won, not player skill.

• Like 1

Well obviously H3 had separate ranks for separate playlists because the playlists required different skills, someone that was good at Team Doubles may be terrible at Team Swat...

In Reach even if your crap you could eventually reach the top rank, it simply shows how many games you've won, not player skill.

Thats my point exactly you should have to be a good player to reach the top rank. Technically you could let the game run for a year straight and just get game win bonuses with no kills and reach the top rank. To me that is not fun nor does it take any skill. I myself am not a 50 type player but i love having to work to be the top and not progressively getting higher ranks even if im playing terrible. If you dont bring back the 1-50 atleast bring back a sytem that fluxuates up and down depending on how good you play.

Thats my point exactly you should have to be a good player to reach the top rank. Technically you could let the game run for a year straight and just get game win bonuses with no kills and reach the top rank. To me that is not fun nor does it take any skill. I myself am not a 50 type player but i love having to work to be the top and not progressively getting higher ranks even if im playing terrible. If you dont bring back the 1-50 atleast bring back a sytem that fluxuates up and down depending on how good you play.

Yup, atleast with the 1-50 ranking system you have some incentive to win. Halo's 3 ranking system isn't perfect but it does have a competitive edge which myself and many others really enjoy. If Halo 4's ranking system is based purely on EXP then I won't be buying it.

Why not just have social and ranked.

<p>Yes 1-50 is best mixed with social lists. It makes the game alot more exciting. Everytime I play Reach the games feel weightless and boring. To anyone saying they want a credit exp based ranking system I laugh because I have always felt this is not true rank all it is saying is this is how much time one spends playing the game.

• Like 1

Halo 2's ranking system was by far the most fun for me. It was more fun to rank up in each playlist and the excitement of putting your ranking on the line was great. I couldn't stand Reach's arena system. I stopped playing it completely because it just wasn't enjoyable for me.

Honestly, I'll buy Halo 4 even if I suspect its junk. But I won't play it unless I stay interested, and racking up credits to unlock armor pieces and weapons wont be enough (I don't play COD for a reason). I NEED a meaningful ranking system to stay interested and to ensure competitiveness.

Everyone talks about the prestige of earning a rank that tells everyone how good you are, but lets not forget that it also ensures you play against people roughly the same skill as you. I WANT to play against skilled players so I can get better. I'm sooo tired of bottom feeding in Reach matchmaking!!!

I just want to let everyone know the good news...there's 1-50 ranking system voting poll on halo waypoint.....just go to the halo waypoint website and go to the search bar on their and type in 1-50 ranking system..and it should pop up....i've already voted for 343 to enable a 1-50 for halo 4 :thumbsup:

I just want to let everyone know the good news...there's 1-50 ranking system voting poll on halo waypoint.....just go to the halo waypoint website and go to the search bar on their and type in 1-50 ranking system..and it should pop up....i've already voted for 343 to enable a 1-50 for halo 4 :thumbsup:

I do not think that that is the best ranking system but i will go an check it out thx for the post

This site is a community site i suggest going over to waypoint forums and posting this there. What i want in halo 4 is a mix between 1-50 and halo reach's ranking system, halo 3 ranking system gave that competitive feeling and made me love halo 3 even more.

What i want in halo 4 is a mix between 1-50 and halo reach's ranking system, halo 3 ranking system gave that competitive feeling and made me love halo 3 even more.

Exactly!

I especially want to see a 1-50 system and if that angers the reach fans, there is always the Reach system (which has been confirmed) for them too. Having the EXP from halo 3 and not the 1-50 system, then saying 'We are mixing Reach and 3' is just teasing the players who loved halo 3 ranked games.

My opinion is that if Halo 4 is essentially the same system as Reach, 343 will be slaughtered on youtube comments and general opinions on forums.

• Like 1