Halo 4 soundtrack created by Massive Attack producer and Inception orchestrator

Archangel Tyrael

Halo 4's soundtrack will be composed by former Massive Attack producer Neil Davidge and orchestrated by Inception, Dark Knight and Black Swan arranger Matt Dunkley, Edge reports.

In an interview, the duo, who are taking over for longtime Halo composer Marty O'Donnell (who departed along with Bungie from the franchise), both showed a tremendous amount of respect for the soundtracks of the series' past installments while talking about the new places they'd like to take its music.

"Hopefully the Halo fans will see that we're being respectful," Dunkley said, "but we've also taken it somewhere else, and maybe onto a higher plane. If you're always trying to reference back, you're not creating new things."

You can check out a sample from the game's soundtrack in the video below, and see if you're a fan of Dunkley and Davidge's new direction.

(This might not be in the game, it is something of what you might expect, but it is 100% legit). Also see, Firen4's topic on "the trailer of halo 4 music, whatever blah blah here just enjoy!!!!) --> http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/7728-halo-4-news-composing-worlds-trailer/page__pid__78714#entry78714

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJV9kv41bFM&feature=g-user-u&context=G27f9271UCGXQYbcTJ33azOLeZjhkBf5hHYr7urFSKM908uBvHHPk

I like the direction they are going with this, but it should be more dark, and menacing, and up most provides lots of emotion. This track here is beautiful, and i hope it is in the game. I hope 343i is actually reading this comment and please take it into consideration.