BxR in halo 4

Skittlze

I would love to see the BxR in Halo 4 but that probably won't happen.

To say the BXR takes no skill is an understatement. If it took no skill then obviously anybody could do it and there wouldn't be so many complainers. It's a learned skill. To develop a good BxR, it definitely takes practice and your timing has to be impeccable.

Same way with double shot. I played with claw (look it up if you've never seen it) and it took even more skill to double shot while keeping my aim at headshot (pressing trigger with middle finger, pressing X with index finger while aiming with thumb). The double shot takes huge amounts skill to perform it correctly.

In my opinion, most of the people who say these things take no skill could not perform these two techniques themselves when the game was out.

They will never bring back button glitches such as BXR, BXB, Double Shot, Quad Shot, etc...There is a little thing today that I'm sure you've all heard of... MODDED CONTROLLERS. There would be no skill gap with so many people using them. It would be cheating. There'd be no way to distinguish modded controllers from people doing it legit. People would claim they were legit, but most of the time it would be modded controllers.

I would love to see super jumping/ super bouncing make a comeback. Unfortunately the maps aren't designed for it and there are kill zones. It was pretty obvious that super bounces were intentionally put into HALO 2 and not just a normal glitch.

Started with Halo 1 and saw the the rise of competitive, montage, jumping/trick/glitching and casual communities, so I believe I'm as qualified to give a good explanation of how the glitches impacted the game.

The main glitches people used.

1. Melee Fire: BxR and BRx.Too quick won't register a melee. Too slow would result you in getting BxR'd yourself.
  2. Double and Quad shot: RRX, RRX - YY - RRX....
  3. Multi melee: BxB, you can continue forever with BxBxBxB. Too quick and a hit won't register.
  4. Reload Cancel: X - YY
  5. Quick weapon switch: Y - YY, YBYY, YBX - Ready to shoot/melee/reload
  6. Non full clip Melee fire: RRBX. This is by a long shot the strongest button combo, but also easily the hardest one to make useful. This is a double shot with a melee between the two bursts. It's either a slower double shot, or an extremely hard BxR with a pre burst before the BxR.
  7. Double grenade: Overheating a covenant energy weapon and then throw two grenades after.

From a competitive perspective was it a god given gift to the game, One thing in common that all glitches have is that they make the time between each command shorter, thus making it faster paced and widening the skill gap, as you need to be quicker and more precise with your button timing. Some people say it's unfair, it is from one perspective because you might not know these tricks, but if you know them - why not try and master them?

The Halo forum I moderate at the moment THF, will 99% of the members from the Halo 2 era agree on that the button tricks was an extra bonus to the game. It added variety no other shooter game had and it made it more interesting and explorable - You could find new things.

An example of a player using pretty much all combos, this is on the highest level of Free For All skills and the players he's against are just as good. One thing you'll notice is that the close range battles are very quick. Don't take this video example as a universal example, these are HIS BEST highlights from a game. He has failed a lot while playing too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikAdHb6meaI

Now, the montage community benefited a lot from these glitches as well. Why? Because you could finish of a kill in multiple ways now, the intended way of getting kills was: Sniping, 'Rifling', grenading and beating down. But now do these 4 types of kills have varieties, these movie creators have more types of content to work with and thus making their creation less monotone. Lets make a comparison with Quake and a fighting game. Quake is the most monotone shooter game you can find when it comes to what kinds of ways you can finish someone, you got 1 action with each weapon, that's it. But if you bring in a fighter game and you so, so many kinds of ways to kill your opponent, and it's obviously more spectacular to do it with a complex button combo than the 1 click hit/shot. That's what Halo 2 button tricks brought to the montage scene, more spectacular and difficult ways of finishing someone off.

The glitchers, jumpers and trickers didn't get that many benefits from the normal button combos, but the double nading was extremely popular among the jumpers, because you could jump much higher now and easier. A great example of this kind of use is in

Where he demonstrates great use of this glitch so he can jump much higher and further.

The casuals didn't benefit much from this however. I'm not sure why, but I believe it's because of the loud negative voices about the glitches, people were jumping to conclusions before they even looked into these tricks. I'm quite sure it's specifically the "instant kill" BxR that made people think negatively of this which got the wheel spinning and carried more people onto this thought that these tricks were severly flawlessly overpowered, when actually the slightest mistake 90% of the cases make you lose the battle. For me personally did it take me about 3 weeks of gaming to make the BxR and BxR a part of my closerange battles regularily.

In short, the Competitive/MLG players, Montage scene and trickers/modders/jumpers benefited from the Halo 2 button glitches while the casuals didn't get as much out of it.

Hope you enjoyed my post.

• Like 1

I would like to see the BxR and the BxB return in legitimate form. They were the most useful and commonly used combos when utilized correctly. Keep in mind they weren't always successful. I don't know how many times I heard MLG commentators say 'OH and he misses the BxR...' I think it would be fun. They already brought in aspects from other FPS games why not other game genres. SuperSmashBros anyone? Good times. They're not impossible to learn or absolutely dominating, just there if you need 'em.

• Like 1

As stated in my previous post, the people who call these glitches "cowardly" or skill-lacking, obviously did not know how to use them. It's not just about pressing buttons fast or button mashing to get a kill. In order to perform these glitches correctly, these things took impeccable timing and took a lot of time to perfect.