Halo 4 loadouts and weapons

mega ultra geor

They said something like loadouts, though they've given no details as to just how they will work. Only that the systems/features in Halo 4 won't be "mirror images" of things that you see in other games. So you're not going to see a feature in Halo 4 that'll be like it is in, say, Call of Duty. However there is absolutely nothing to suggest that there will be weapons of the same type that are better than one another. Like, in your example, a sniper rifle that's better than another sniper rifle. I very much doubt that they're going to go ahead and do something like that. More than likely we will have the same style of weapon sandbox that previous Halo games have used. Where there is only one or two of each type of weapon, and both have their advantages and disadvantages. They have also said that you will not be able to pick power weapons from it. So the whole fear of "your opponent has a better sniper than yours", or with any other weapons is something that you needn't worry about.

• Like 1

i have a theory behind the Custom Loadouts and this so called 'Perk' system.

Now id also like to say, because ive seen this ALOT in Halo 4 forums, i doubt halo would EVER have attachments for guns. So dont count really count on those. I know 343i knows, especially at this stage of Halo's lifetime, whats acceptable and what isnt.

As for the 'Perk' system. Frankie already confirmed that they arent the kinds of perks we have seen in other games like COD and BF. IMO, i think these new 'perks' would be something very minor, that would change gameplay, but not drastically.

Maybe like extra ammo, extra grenade, extra sprinting time, extra booster/jetpac

k (whatever that thing REALLY is), etc. if i had to put my money down, id say these 'Perks' will end up being something like this. if it was anything other way, id truly say 343i's biting off COD and BFs ideas hard. The BR in my opinion looks like a futuristic FAMAS.,.....bu

t again thats just me. i kind of like it thought !

Now as for these custom loadouts. I really doubt in a Slayer game you will ever start with power weapons.

Now frankie confirmed that there will be forerunner weapons in the game, the pistol was confirmed in the ViDoc, and Frankie also confirmed a 1-shot gun to make an appearence, but didnt state if it was a human or alien type gun. So the DMR could possibly make a return, or it could be a forerunner equivalent to a DMR, and it could make its first appearance (or both, but i doubt it).

If i had to put money on it, i would say the custom loadouts would just be to choose your primary and secondary gun before the game starts, or after you die each time.

For example:

AR and pistol / AR and forerunner equivalent to the pistol

BR and pistol / BR and FR= to the pistol

FR 1 shot (or DMR) and pistol / FR 1 shot (or DMR) and FR= to pistol

now of course nothing is confirmed yet, but if i had to guess, id say its basically something like this, which is something i dont really have a problem with. That also means there would be a more variety of guns already placed on the maps.

Look at the brightside of all of this. If this turns out bad, there will hopefully be a Classic Playlist. As we saw from the Anniversary playlist and the TU in Reach, we can see how much 343i really cares about the original feel of halo. Also i saw in a interview, Frankie was asked about the pistol seen in the ViDoc and if it was more like the Halo 3/Reach pistol or CE pistol, and he said im sure you already know the answer to that because of the TU *or something like that*. <-- probably didnt make sence, but what im trying to say is, is that the pistol in H4 will be alot like the CE god pistol.

• 3 weeks later...