How Halo Reach could have been better

halowarsrules84

In my opinion, Reach was a huge dissapointment, i preordered the game because i was a huge halo fan and now i have serious doubts about the success of halo. I hope in the future im playing more halo and less COD.

Consturctively speaking the gameplay has changed dramaticly from Halo 3 to Reach. Looking at Halo 3, to me... winning and having a great fun game is all about strategy and teamwork. For example playing valhalla, one person goes for the laser, one person gets the banshee, others maybe the warthog and you attempt to controll the map and weapons, where you just dominate the entire game. Another example of strategy is on construct where you can set and plan traps on the grav lift with the power drain, sword, or flame thrower (my favorite). Or how about the pit when you would attempt to control the rocket launcher and know excatly when it would spawn again or hiding and controlling the sword room,...The list goes on and on.

For halo reach however, the strategy involved is nearly completely gone!!!! By this i mean the game is completely based on skill. So the idea of Reach is to spawn with a DMR and run around and kill people. Thats it! Why even have other guns and vehicles in the game. No one can deny that the kill percentage with the DMR compared to other guns is far greater then with the BR in Halo 3 compared to other guns. They should have never done the stupid loadout classes where you choose what you want to play with, it takes away from the strategy, and would also have solved everyones issue with the armor lock that everyone hates. It would be different if they would have to fight to get those abilitys or guns instead of every single person starting with them. It causes the game to lack gameplay and sturcture and takes all the fun out of the game.

That type of gameplay is what SWAT is for but reach just fails to be much more than that, they should adjust the loadouts and setups of there maps and gametypes.

I hope Halo 4 is much better, and im gonna rent it first.

Ok 2 more quick items

1. Why not bring rocket race back, it was alot of fun

2. Why does Bungie or whoever have to be soo greedy, every time a map pack comes out, its required for nearly every lobby, so they are forcing you to give them money and buy the map pack or you cant play anymore, i would sure like to meet that guy in a dark alley, i cant begin to vent my frustration on video game companys greed. I also refuse to buy any game that requires a code to play online, I dont buy a car if i cant drive it first and i dont buy a game if i cant play it first. ( Battlefield 3 vent)

I'll do my best to express my thoughts without getting too heated up.

Halo: Reach plays absolutely nothing like Call of Duty for one. If you play a COD game, then play Reach, you will notice they do NOT play alike. The two games are two very different shooters, each with their own identities. You say that the strategy is completely gone from Reach. How is this so? I'd like for you to explain to me how there is absolutely no strategy within the game. This is just an outright silly statement in my eyes. There is plenty of strategy within the game. The same exact kind of choices you made in past games will work in Reach, though you just have to account for the additions they've made. (see AAs, more emphasis on timing your shots, etc.). You're complaining about the game apparently being based completely on skill. How is being based on skill a bad thing? If you're a more skilled player, does that not mean that you have better strategies than those who are less skilled than you? Otherwise, how would you end up coming out on top more often than not? You must not have played much Reach, because you do NOT get to start out and choose whichever gun you want in most playlists. The only ones I believe that allow this are Invasion, maybe Squad Slayer, and that's all that I can think of at the moment. All of the rest give you only one different choice per loadout. That choice is your armour ability. I personally believe that being able to choose whichever weapon you want DOES add strategy to the game. How so? Let's say my opponent is picking something like the shotgun, and I'm dying at close range to them. I could choose an AR or DMR and keep myself further back to stay out of their effective range. "It causes the game to lack gameplay and structure." XD What on earth are you talking about? That does, in no way, cause the game to lack gameplay or any sort of structure. You don't seem to know what you're saying when you state that. Not everyone hates armour lock. It's not a big deal, isn't hard to deal with, never has been and never will be. Learn to counter it. How? How should they have adjusted the loadouts and setups of their maps and gametypes? If you're going to say something like this, please make a few suggestions.

1. It might have been because not a lot of people chose it, if it is indeed gone.

2. You're completely wrong here. You are NOT required to own any of the map packs to play the game apart from the Anniversary Playlists and the Squad DLC playlist.

• Like 2

Mystic covered me, but I have to comment on your number 2. Reach never forced anyone to buy the map packs. And this resulted in us, the people who bought them, to lose our money in a way. We can't enjoy those maps anymore, cause 343 has the Squad DLC playlist up which only features Slayer gametypes. Sadly, the map packs can never be found in the other playlists. Why get out map packs if they won't be played? Reach failed on this one alot in my opinion.

I'll do my best to express my thoughts without getting too heated up.

Halo: Reach plays absolutely nothing like Call of Duty for one. If you play a COD game, then play Reach, you will notice they do NOT play alike. The two games are two very different shooters, each with their own identities. You say that the strategy is completely gone from Reach. How is this so? I'd like for you to explain to me how there is absolutely no strategy within the game. This is just an outright silly statement in my eyes. There is plenty of strategy within the game. The same exact kind of choices you made in past games will work in Reach, though you just have to account for the additions they've made. (see AAs, more emphasis on timing your shots, etc.). You're complaining about the game apparently being based completely on skill. How is being based on skill a bad thing? If you're a more skilled player, does that not mean that you have better strategies than those who are less skilled than you? Otherwise, how would you end up coming out on top more often than not? You must not have played much Reach, because you do NOT get to start out and choose whichever gun you want in most playlists. The only ones I believe that allow this are Invasion, maybe Squad Slayer, and that's all that I can think of at the moment. All of the rest give you only one different choice per loadout. That choice is your armour ability. I personally believe that being able to choose whichever weapon you want DOES add strategy to the game. How so? Let's say my opponent is picking something like the shotgun, and I'm dying at close range to them. I could choose an AR or DMR and keep myself further back to stay out of their effective range. "It causes the game to lack gameplay and structure." XD What on earth are you talking about? That does, in no way, cause the game to lack gameplay or any sort of structure. You don't seem to know what you're saying when you state that. Not everyone hates armour lock. It's not a big deal, isn't hard to deal with, never has been and never will be. Learn to counter it. How? How should they have adjusted the loadouts and setups of their maps and gametypes? If you're going to say something like this, please make a few suggestions.

1. It might have been because not a lot of people chose it, if it is indeed gone.

2. You're completely wrong here. You are NOT required to own any of the map packs to play the game apart from the Anniversary Playlists and the Squad DLC playlist.

I will never....ever...doubt you again.....Holy.....mother..of....Halo..