343 please don't mess up the maps.

InsaneBear

Reach maps are terrible and I think it's time the halo fans got as great of maps as the trilogy had. I am worried though because I remember the remakes bungie did for halo 3 map packs and they were lame. Seriously how could they ruin lockout like that(blackout). Probably the worst remake they did. If 343 is going to remake maps, just put a new skin on them and leave the rest alone. I would love the see the original blood gulch back or even the one from halo 2. I love the colors on that map, it just looks amazing.

• Like 4

What was honestly wrong with Blackout in Halo 3? I didn't find anything wrong with it. I personally enjoy the maps that have been released for Reach. They may not be as memorable as previous maps to some, but I don't think they're terrible by any means. The DLC maps they've released have also been nice. My favourites would be the Anniversary map pack, or the Defiant map pack. The Noble map pack was alright in my eyes.

• Like 2

What was honestly wrong with Blackout in Halo 3? I didn't find anything wrong with it. I personally enjoy the maps that have been released for Reach. They may not be as memorable as previous maps to some, but I don't think they're terrible by any means. The DLC maps they've released have also been nice. My favourites would be the Anniversary map pack, or the Defiant map pack. The Noble map pack was alright in my eyes.

Did you ever play the original lockout? Blackout played nothing like it and the skin they put on the map was terrible.

I'm with you there, Mystic - Blackout was great fun, I can't remember there being any real problems with its design that didn't already exist in Lockout. And if we're going for the 'Worst Remake' Award, then the winner is most definitely Pinnacle, a map so poor that it actually took me a while to work out that it was a remake rather than a joke.

You're right about the DLC maps, too - I can't think of a single badly done one.

I'm with you there, Mystic - Blackout was great fun, I can't remember there being any real problems with its design that didn't already exist in Lockout. And if we're going for the 'Worst Remake' Award, then the winner is most definitely Pinnacle, a map so poor that it actually took me a while to work out that it was a remake rather than a joke.

You're right about the DLC maps, too - I can't think of a single badly done one.

All the stupid extra pieces on top mid that blocked you view..there was barely any hiding on sniper tower. It's like they squashed the map together. They closed certain viewing spots out. Go compare them and you will see.

I did compare them, that's why I said:

I can't remember there being any real problems with its design that didn't already exist in Lockout.

The top middle bit already had some pieces blocking shots, and the fact that they added more was a good thing as it made the map easier to get around. As for the map being squashed together, I have no idea what you mean, if anything Blackout actually feels bigger than the original.

I did compare them, that's why I said:

The top middle bit already had some pieces blocking shots, and the fact that they added more was a good thing as it made the map easier to get around. As for the map being squashed together, I have no idea what you mean, if anything Blackout actually feels bigger than the original.

I dont have any problems with the halo 3 remakes...

But back to the topic I agree that some maps in reach are unbalanced.

I know symmetrical maps are kinda boring but dont put a team in disadvantage.

• Like 1

some good points but whats the point of 343 bringing back maps from the first trilogy i want them to make band new maps for halo 4 mm and if they are as good as some of maps from the first trilogy then that should create good game play and memories for just like we have/had for halo 2 etc further down the line and besides if 343i keep remaking things that bungie made then we will never get to see what they are capable of on their own, btw its the campaign and story i dont want them to mess up thats the main priority imo.

The only maps that bother me in Halo Reach are the forge world ones, and for various reasons. I also have a problem with the spawns on a couple of the maps that are built into the game. Other than that, I like them. It's rather presumptuous of you to assume you speak for the majority of players while addressing a problem, by the way.

• Like 1

Ugh i hate the reach maps. None of them are fun to play or make me want to vote for them. Usually I just choose the one that is the least annoying. I went back to Halo3 for awhile and suddenly I was having a tremendous amount of fun and couldnt wait for valhalla or snowbound to come up. Now when i see swordbase I shudder inside.

• Like 1

Reach maps are terrible and I think it's time the halo fans got as great of maps as the trilogy had. I am worried though because I remember the remakes bungie did for halo 3 map packs and they were lame. Seriously how could they ruin lockout like that(blackout). Probably the worst remake they did. If 343 is going to remake maps, just put a new skin on them and leave the rest alone. I would love the see the original blood gulch back or even the one from halo 2. I love the colors on that map, it just looks amazing.

I agree with the Reach maps just being awful but I really loved all the Halo 3 maps including Blackout.