letter to 343

halo

I am personally worried about the halo 4 that the halo community is waiting for and it will make lots of people sad if it sucks because it is 343's first game in halo so they should make halo make sense like no flood because they all are dead in halo 3 but they could be in a firefight game, don't make the weapons like halo reach because serously halo CEA has halo reach multyplayer WE HAVE HALO REACH PEOPLE!!!!!!!! But halo 4 should have halo reach ranking system in it because i say halo 3 ranking system takes ages I am still a low rank because i barely play it due to MW3 or skyrim. The forge in halo 4 should be bigger with maps, items and MONEY! Don;tmake halo 4 be like a game that would make people very mad .........mw3........ No banning because that sucks balls. The campain should be a long one and you can explore the level that you are in and put lots of detail like wild life etc.

What i am expecting from halo 4 is to be the number 1 game of 2012 so don't fail us 343. If 343 even get this make a side game so board of halo reach.

I am personally worried about the halo 4 that the halo community is waiting for and it will make lots of people sad if it sucks because it is 343's first game in halo so they should make halo make sense like no flood because they all are dead in halo 3 but they could be in a firefight game, don't make the weapons like halo reach because serously halo CEA has halo reach multyplayer WE HAVE HALO REACH PEOPLE!!!!!!!! But halo 4 should have halo reach ranking system in it because i say halo 3 ranking system takes ages I am still a low rank because i barely play it due to MW3 or skyrim. The forge in halo 4 should be bigger with maps, items and MONEY! Don;tmake halo 4 be like a game that would make people very mad .........mw3........ No banning because that sucks balls. The campain should be a long one and you can explore the level that you are in and put lots of detail like wild life etc.

What i am expecting from halo 4 is to be the number 1 game of 2012 so don't fail us 343. If 343 even get this make a side game so board of halo reach.

I agree with some things, however The Flood never die. Ever. There are more out there, somewhere. And I think that Halo 4 should have a mix between Reach and 3's ranking systems. Like, you can still level up with credits, but it gives you a 1-50 on how skilled you are. That way, seniority and skill are both accounted for.

hahaha how old is this person?

The funny thing is, he's my friend in real life... :secret: Also, I found it a little bit hard to understand what he was saying, I think he should have worked a bit more to make it easier to read but that's not the point.

Anyways, although some of it I'll agree with, not so much with others mon frere. As I have told you before, Halo 4 may not be as exciting maybe, because it's the first (Halo) game they're making so don't expect a lot from them. And another thing, not everything in Halo 4 is going to be perfect. There's are some people that always seem to find a game bad.

I think that 343i will look at what made halo sucessful, and what made other games sucessful. and use that to make future Halo titles better. It's a fact that no halo fan wants to admit: Halo has flaws. They can be adressed without affecting the core mechanics that makes Halo, well... Halo. 343i can do this by looking to see what other games have similar problems that Halo has, mostly being the map designs lately (ugh!), the pesky skill issue, and how story telling can be improved.

343i can solve 2 of those problems simply by being a fresh, yet experienced team with meny talented people, and a different view of what Halo is. The skill measure/ trueskill issue has to be solved to make everyone happy, "casuals' and "hardcore" alike. I have no worries other than the direction the story will go, and if there will be any contradictions from previous titles or contradictions on itself. I just hope that they will vastly improve the arsenal in the game, increasing the vehicle, forge, gametype, and weapon selection available to players. The maps could also stop being pulled from the campaign as much (especially the firefight maps!) as i consider multiplayer maps to be an exploratoy extension of the story, allowing people to explore the universe without having to dedicate themselves to a full-on campaign. Multiplayer maps to me are like sort of like small bakery confections form the oven of the Halo universe, with campaign being that huge, awsome cake, and the maps being like little various confections which are from the same oven, yet are bite-sized, and can have wildly different flavors and textures, but are still delicious.

An interesting thing that COD zombies map did was that they actually had a story based on players collecting various items, solving puzzles, and completing various objectives, along with the customary holding off hordes of the undead. Perhaps future firefight maps can emulat this, but having unique halo twists, like unlocking videos, in-game vehicles or whatever 343i decides to throw in.

Like Dan Ayoub said, "Halo has a lot to learn from other franchises".

• Like 1