Poll: Which armor should be in halo 4?

Herodanny

halo 3 spartan or Reach spartan,  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Halo 3 armor or halo reach armor in halo 4?

• Halo 3 Armor
    • Halo Reach Armor
  2. 2. Halo 2,3 Elite armor, or halo Reach elite armor?

• 2,3 elite armor
    • reach elite armor

I liked Halo 3 Armor more. Everything was proportional together. Even the massive Security shoulders fit well with the rest of the armor. They were smooth as Hell too. You didn't have anything popping out, looking out of place, except the Katana. But the Katana also looked good. I also liked how they were glossy. Reach's armor is badass too though.

well I like the general look the spartan had in halo 3, the gloss, the stand tall and strong look. Halo reach has a weird hunch and the spartans have a weird gloomy look to them, I really don't like it...

In reach bungie went for a more modern look to the armour as it is before the original series began. With halo 3 bungie went for a more futuristic look as it is later on in the series. That is why I chose the halo 3 armour as it is more futuristic. However I do like the reach armoury layout.

problem with that is even though reach is in the past (from halo 3)

It is still like 500 years in the future ( I Know I'm off a little bit but you guys get the point)

so the armor SHOULD be glossy and futuristic, not "Modern" like in year 2010 (lol) that's like are marines using medieval armor... (almost)

• 2 weeks later...

I would like it when you rank up you actually unlock the gear instead of having to use cr to buy them let the cr buy add on to said helmet or armor piece

YES. Ditch the stuipid cr CoD ripoff, it doesnt work for Halo. Bring back the experience points AND ESPECIALLY the skill points. I dont want ranking up to be a game of 'when am I gonna get there, and who's gonna be first', I want it to be true and authentic and actually based on something that matters like hm... How good you are at Halo? You shouldn't just have everything fall into your lap if you're willing to play Halo. Stuff should be obtained by work. Then once you get to a specific rank, whether it be low or high, easy to get to or hard to get to, you unlock an armor piece. That is Halo to me.

YES. Ditch the stuipid cr CoD ripoff, it doesnt work for Halo. Bring back the experience points AND ESPECIALLY the skill points. I dont want ranking up to be a game of 'when am I gonna get there, and who's gonna be first', I want it to be true and authentic and actually based on something that matters like hm... How good you are at Halo? You shouldn't just have everything fall into your lap if you're willing to play Halo. Stuff should be obtained by work. Then once you get to a specific rank, whether it be low or high, easy to get to or hard to get to, you unlock an armor piece. That is Halo to me.

I agree as long as the Mark IV, V and VI are achievement pieces.

Perhaps the MP armor unlock should be a mix of both unlockables (via 'chevies) and Reach's cR system. Perhaps more could be bought with cR, like the initial armor, but the cooler things or higher ranking items be unlocked via Achievements. I also liked how in Reach you could see your armor in the cutscenes, yet you could always go back to the default armor if you don'd like the feature. I'm sure that MK 7 armor will be the base armor, with MK V, VI, and possibly IV will be unlockables.

Elite armor should go back to Halo 3's customization level with unique armor pieces being generally harder to unlock, have slightly less variety than human armor, yet still a fair amount of choice, while being generally cooler.

One other thing that i've wanted in Halo armor is to have slightly different HUD layouts, or HUD lines (the lines outlining you shields, weapons, motion tracker, ect..) based on the helmet you are wearing. Not a big enough difference to affect gameplay, yet enough of a difference between helmet modules to be recognizable. Binocular outline variations could work too, a-la Reach elite and spartan binoculars. (same magnification level, different outline)

Those are my views on armor in Halo 4. It probably won't happen, but it's something that cater to everyone while adding a new layer of originality to the game.

If they had still had cR that would probably mean that thats still how you ranked up. Use never thought of this until now, but what if you still got experience point and skill points, being how you would rank up, but still got credits which you could spend on JUST THE BEGINNING ARMOR. 343 and Bungie both have talked about having to adjust/adapt players, well I think this would be a completely fair agreement between Halo 3 and Reach.

Would you recommend reading the books in order of release date? I have heard alot of different opinions on the order to read them

My choice of reading them isn't by release date (the newer ones are actually a prequel), instead google the order that the books "take place" in and read them like that :)

And as far as the OT goes, I am hoping for a more customizable armor experience in Halo 4. Honestly one of the few redeeming qualities for Reach (imo) is the ability to customize your armor. I wouldn't mind it if they didn't include ANY of the selections in Reach in Halo 4, but only if they made more choices. I have a rather unique armor look, and I love it when you can tell who is who by the look of people. Also, I wish they would do the same for the elites. Since this game takes place after Halo, it could be reasonable to assume that the elites have increased their "cache" of armor. They MAY have even stolen a few ideas from the humans! I think it could be interesting to see what the armor customization will be in Halo 4, and I'm hoping there is a lot of it.

• Like 1

Unlocking System:

Guys I think that Armor should be in unlockable through the style of Halo 3. There were so many different ways to unlock some. Whether it was ranking up, skulls, or achievements.. You could still unlock some armor.

Unlike Reach, where you are actually forced to play till you rank up, then earn enough credits till you can by a certain armor piece.

Spartan Armor:

For types of Armor, I say mix old and new together so Everyone's Happy.

For instance, for Halo 4 they need to bring back some armor from Halo CEA, Halo 3 and Reach. In other words, they must bring back the "Fan-Favorites".

One's like Mark V, Mark VI, Recon, Hayabusa, and Commando must make a return. Simply because, they are probably the 5 Most Favorite armor's of all the Halo Titles. And well, they just looked Flat-out Awesome!

Elite Armor:

For Elites, I prefer Halo 3 because you have a much better choice of Customization. As compared to Reach, where you are limited to pre-set types of armor.

For looks, I think they need to make the Elites look like Halo 3. Why? Well because they actually look "Mean". In Reach they just look a little Bobble-Headed and Cartoonish to me.

As for the rest of the armor, I think 343 needs to show how creative they really are and create their OWN armor. Sorry if I took up alot page space here. lol