About The Shoutbox Mishap

Tommy

I want to give a brief explanation of the whole situation that was totally blew way out of proportion.

MLG posted something in the shoutbox ( a BBcode of the home page) just to see it, not to see if it would freeze the site or anything. Everything that happened was completely unintentional.

Absolute Dog (who I do support and understand everything that you did was for the server, not raging at you at all) sent multiple messages to MLG to tell him to stop the shoutbox thing, he never got any of those messages because his site was completely frozen, as was mine and everyone elses. Also, when he joined our party we explained to him the whole scenario and he gave us an honest answer. MLG told him that he wouldn't even attempt to go on the site again, even though the whole thing was an accident.

I was banned on the shoutbox because I was going to explain how it happened, but was banned in the process of typing the message. AD banned me because he thought I was going to do what MLG did, which I think is great Mod work and not blaming him for false assumptions.

I'm trying to be rational and professional in this post as much as possible, but I am a tad angry at one thing.

I was told by some people on XbL that are on this site that people were referring to "We" as in MLG and I. I did not do anything wrong and I feel like just because he is my friend I am another person to blame. I'm not a mean person and I haven't done one bad thing on this site other than posting a little too much. People who don't know anything about the situation shouldn't be putting "We" or "They" in their sentences because I wasn't even part of that whole situation. When people jump to conclusions and make stories up because they don't know a valid answer pisses me off. I hope that no pony takes me for a ****** or anything I just wanted to defend my case and explain the scenario.

PS: It wasn't THAT big of a deal. It was a 5 minute down time and there is no reason the FBI or whatever would be involved in the first place. It was only a bandwidth issue.

• Like 2

Dude... I gotta stop looking at this... those ponies are getting to me... the aggression-meter is like...

Actually the ponies are getting to me too. Only im not really angry at all.

Well, yeah we understand everything is forgotten.

look at all of these haters...

:blink:

Gorrammit. I missed it? rageface.jpg

Sounds like a bit of a sh<expleted>storm went down.

Sorry, Bronie.

And to the other guy (if he comes back): I can appreciate the enthusiasm and curiosity. But a word of advice: if you don't know whether a bomb is armed: it is.

Better to err on the side of caution, no? ^_^

Love, peace, and empathy. :heart: