MCC Content Update - 10-13-15

Hello folks! 

343 Industries released a new update for MCC yesterday. This update introduces new systems implemented in order to keep out pesky mid-game quitters, and to lessen the chances of, "This dude just betrayed me!"

Implements include new systems and improved consequences for such penalties as:

•Betrayals

•Quits 

•Idling

​A note from the source article states,

"Note: Leaving the game before finishing (any time from the start of voting until the game concludes) will result in a loss for your ranking and a penalty to your Xbox One reputation. After this update, if you quit, betray, or idle too many times during a set period of time, you will be temporarily banned from playing matchmaking. If you continue to engage in negative behavior after the temporary ban has lifted, you will continue to receive temporary bans that are subsequently longer in length. "

You can view the rest of the patch notes by visiting the blog post.

• Like 2

The betrayal system, I can agree with to some extent. Sometimes it can be accidental, however I do agree with the betrayal part.

The other two, I really don't agree with... The quitting side of it can be due to lag or loss of power. I have been banned for just having a really bad lag spike where I'm forcibly kicked from the game, only later to receive a deserter penalty for leaving the game too soon... Other time my power will cut out, I'll turn it back on a few minutes later just to find out that I have to wait even longer...

The idling one I don't agree with either simply because there's no exact time limit. I play a game where you literally have one or two minutes to do whatever you need to do, otherwise you're getting banned for around six hours (in my case). I know that it won't be that severe, and if it's a five minute ban, then I still disagree with it.

I've had matches where I'll need to go and get a drink or a snack or whatever, so I leave before I'm out into the match. I come back maybe three minutes later just to find out that I can't play for another 10 minutes due to my first idled match...

Thanks for the update Wam :3

• Like 1

343 I love you sometimes, but now I hate you. :)

For months fans have been calling out for fixes and you deliver this?

A crap betrayal system that messes up more than half the time and gets the wrong people. I mean, can you help it if your power goes out? No you cant!.

That really fills me with confidence for Halo 5.....

• Like 1