Halo:CE - Classic & Remastered, Visuals & Audio - Option does not work

Just came up on another issue.

After finally getting through the Pillar of Autumn mission for Halo:CE after many disconnects, I went to go re-do the mission, but this time selecting the default as "Classic" for Visuals and Audio options.

Starting the mission, it would still start with Remastered Visuals and Audio in the cutscene as well as gameplay.

I quit and tried again, thinking I had fudged it up somehow, and confirmed 3 or 4 times that the option was selected by going to the difficulty options and back again to see "Classic" still selected.  Yet, it would not work.

I am starting to think that maybe I'm misunderstanding what that option is supposed to do???  If it is not for selecting the default graphics and audio for the game (cutscenes included), then the option appears to be sorely mislabeled....

Thanks for the response.

While that is true, there's a couple of problems with that:

1)  Pressing the back button does not effect cutscenes.  They just stay with the remastered graphics regardless of whether or not if I have toggled to Classic graphics during gameplay before the cutscene.

2)  There is also an achievement tied to experiencing the campaign in both Classic and Remastered visuals.  If the game continues to default in Remastered (meaning all the cutscenes will only play Remastered), won't this disable the ability to receive the achievement?

Thanks for the response.

While that is true, there's a couple of problems with that:

1) Pressing the back button does not effect cutscenes. They just stay with the remastered graphics regardless of whether or not if I have toggled to Classic graphics during gameplay before the cutscene.

2) There is also an achievement tied to experiencing the campaign in both Classic and Remastered visuals. If the game continues to default in Remastered (meaning all the cutscenes will only play Remastered), won't this disable the ability to receive the achievement?

If you do press the back button it changes the cutscene. I've done it many times myself. Also if you change visuals in game and not in cutscenes you still get the achievement

Thanks, y'all.  That's good to know that the Achievement is still obtainable.

However, I still cannot view cutscenes in "Classic".  I have tried pressing the Back button both before the cutscene as well as during.

Pressing it before the cutscene will change graphics to "Classic", but it reverts to "Remastered" as soon as the cutscene starts.

Pressing it during the cutscene does absolutely nothing.

Perhaps it has to do with Co-Op?? I will have to try single player later...