Forge Projects of the Future, coming soon.

Fishy

As most of you may know, Yoshi and I have been making forge maps for the Community, and hosting them on my file share.

The first attempt we tried was Scrimmage. Which was actually finished by SikSlik, but the concept was by myself. Featuring 1v1 style combat, that could fit in a 2v2 respectfully.

8OVZEEu.jpg

w5Mxufw.png

Next up was Salient, a concept by me and created by me. Featuring a 2v2 style combat map, that could fit a 4v4 respectfully. 

AEBnxNa.jpgbEhOpW9.png

As you can see, those had some good pull through. Not the best, but not the worst. What Yoshi and I are trying to do is create more concepts, and apply them into forge. To create some competitive style maps for everyone to play on and enjoy.

Well first up on our list, we have a map that will be named: Terrace

bFQdcMC.png

87woOQT.png

The map is basic style combat, idea was based off of a Halo: Reach map. A name I can't think of, but was a community forged map that was premiered in Team Slayer.

Next up we have a map called: Viaduct.

R7l093M.png

The map design is simple, and it's pretty colorful and visible. While at the same time proving protection and symmetrical combat.

Next up we have a map called: Polyandrium.

YWq11go.jpg

Another symmetrical map concept, that provides plenty of fire, and small vehicle combat. This will be one of the larger scale maps. 12-16 player size, to be exact. This one will take longer, but hopefully more enjoyable to play. ^_^

Next up after that we have: Foyer.

X6K0HU6.jpg

I know what you're thinking, and the answer is yes. We are making another map that is not symmetrical. Terrace isn't the only one. That's because we want to provide maps with mysteries wherever they go, as well give off a mysterious aura. We like the concept of this map for the open areas, as well as the amount of coverage. Allowing players to travel at their own risk, kind of like a Halo 3 Citadel feeling when you're out in the open.

Last but not least, we will attempt to remake the H:CE famous map: Chiron Tl-34.

D0Dbesd.jpg

This one will be easier to attempt and such, but we're not putting this as a priority map. This is more of a lax, sit down and have fun map. Although settings are different, we are hoping we can give the full feeling of the original map. Minus the flamethrower, of course.

We hope you all look forward to our future creations! You are welcome to help if you wish! However, we do not tolerate players who are intentionally destructing the map. You will be kicked from the lobby if such a thing happens.

• Like 4

These look pretty cool. But there is a slight problem with Viaduct. The model of the map appears to use the Halo: Reach themed pieces. Now for the most part, these pieces are the same in shape, except for the Coliseum Window. It does not have the same shape in H2A as the Halo: Reach model. Just thowin' that out there. 

What do you use to make those preview images?

Good work btw.

No clue, I picked up these models in Neogaf and Forgehub, plus some other sites that I can't remember.. They're ideas that went unfinished and were never attempted. Just drafted and tossed aside. I hope to finalize and put them into affect.

My guess would be H2 Vista.

These look pretty cool. But there is a slight problem with Viaduct. The model of the map appears to use the Halo: Reach themed pieces. Now for the most part, these pieces are the same in shape, except for the Coliseum Window. It does not have the same shape in H2A as the Halo: Reach model. Just thowin' that out there. 

We have work around set in place. Just to throw this out there, they're rough drafts. Not the final copy. If you looked at Salient and Scrimmage they aren't 100%

Edited by Fishy