Give them a chance

GEO1345

I say we let 343 have a chance before we all start ripping on them and saying bad things about them behind their back. On this site I have run across a few people who have talked smack already even though they have only made map packs, so I say we see how they handle Halo 4, yes Halo 4 because Halo:CEA will basically be a remake of Halo:CE with better graphics and a few add ons so we should first see how they make a game from just an idea before we start with the judging

I say we let 343 have a chance before we all start ripping on them and saying bad things about them behind their back. On this site I have run across a few people who have talked smack already even though they have only made map packs, so I say we see how they handle Halo 4, yes Halo 4 because Halo:CEA will basically be a remake of Halo:CE with better graphics and a few add ons so we should first see how they make a game from just an idea before we start with the judging

Just a remake of Halo:CE? I guess you don't realize how much goes into making a game-even if it's just a remake. This is their test to show whether or not they have what it takes to make a great game, and from what I've seen so far, they're going in the right direction. You make it seem like remaking a game is a piece of cake. Some other developer could have taken in this task, and ended up making a disaster. It's not a simple as just slapping on a new graphics layer.

• Like 1

Just a remake of Halo:CE? I guess you don't realize how much goes into making a game-even if it's just a remake. This is their test to show whether or not they have what it takes to make a great game, and from what I've seen so far, they're going in the right direction. You make it seem like remaking a game is a piece of cake. Some other developer could have taken in this task, and ended up making a disaster. It's not a simple as just slapping on a new graphics layer.

True I don't really know what it takes but from what i hear they are going to be keeping it mostly the same as Halo:CE

That's because it is the same as CE...

They still had to go and remake the game from scratch on the Reach engine.

not really. The game will not run on the Reach engine. They are using the original engine to keep the gameplay the same. They are just overlaying a graphics engine. The multiplayer, however, will run on the Reach engine. Think of the multiplayer maps as a DLC for Reach. A big, epic, DLC.

not really. The game will not run on the Reach engine. They are using the original engine to keep the gameplay the same. They are just overlaying a graphics engine. The multiplayer, however, will run on the Reach engine. Think of the multiplayer maps as a DLC for Reach. A big, epic, DLC.

My point is that they still had to go in and re-model and re-texture everything, along with remaster the sounds and music. Not an easy task.